• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hey, is that a pre-ban mag.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
God that situation you describe reminds me of when I was in the Army. We were working an access control point at a base and were carrying our issued M9 in some stupid holster where you could see that the guns were chambered and did not on "safe". EVERY FREAKING NCO / officer that we dealt with had to open their mouth "why is weapon not on safe?" or "do you have a round chambered?" then we explained what our SOP was, they of course thought they had some right to see a written copy of it or talk to my supervisor to confirm it.

It got so bad that we asked for different holsters. Yeah, I would have loved to say "MYOFB" but it would not have gone over well. I hate hall monitors. A little off topic sorry. If someone at the range messed with me about something like that, I would ignore the question, and then walk over and start looking through his stuff. Ask him if the barrel was on his Fudd-gun was 18 inches, if the ducks engraved on the side were legal in MA, if that was a high capacity revolver, etc.

Last edited:
IMO, if someone were to ask if my high caps were prebans, there's only one response that comes to mind..."absolutely." Any further questions only shows bad intentions by the person asking the question.

awesome....reps inbound.

I've posted that one before... I'm surprised someone on here didn't create it.... the vehicle has MA plates on it. [laugh] (or at least, looks like MA plates)

-Mike

HSC is Fudd central? This is news to me.

About the only time I talk to anyone at the range is if they have a cool gun that I want to look at.

Everytime I'm at harvard I walk around the range looking for post ban mags so i can call the police.

ITS A LAW FOR A REASON

When I am at the most blessed Harvard, I may venture near other shooters but just because I wanna see what cool toys they got. Could care less what's legal or not. Never ask to shoot, but mainly just interested in hearing about what they have to say about it.
I love firearms. I have heard horror stories of people being bothered, so I know to keep my interactions short.

I would politely ask that person what kind of response they would have received back in 1775 if they asked someone if that was a preban musket? What do you think their response would have been?

minute-man-lg.jpg

HSC is Fudd central? This is news to me.

About the only time I talk to anyone at the range is if they have a cool gun that I want to look at.

Had a couple of people who were shooting their hunting rifles continually come ever so close to sweeping me and my guests at the HSC 100. Same people who were trying to persuade me to move to a different range. A few backblasts from the .50 BMG cleared them out.

OK, you’re at the range and shooting your AR15 using a legal pre-ban 30 round mag.

Another club member comes over and says, “hey, those 30 round mags. are illegal (in Mass.)unless it’s a pre-ban mag., is it?”

You don’t know this guy and have never seen him at the club before.

How do you response? I'm a non confrontational person so I'd just invite him to take a look at it he he wishes.

BTW this did NOT happen to me, I’m just curious to know how you’d reply.

Thanks.

...Don't tell

Last edited:
This is why I stopped buying pre-ban mags that don't have a date code stamped on them.

The pre-bans without the date code stay at home waiting for SHTF. The ones with the date code go with me to the range. So if somebody asks me that question - I pull the mag out - look at it and say " well it's got a date code on it that says 1990 - is that OK with you?".

ones i was shooting my glock26 at MRA and one fellow asked me - "wow, what is it? a Glock??? wow... are those illigal in our state (Mass)?" he also asked me if he can take a look of my glock since he didnt see one before.
isnt it something. then i told the guy that i got this one from Four Seasons and its totally legal. he looked like he was having hard time to believing it.
but honestly i didnt want to get sucked in to conversation about legality issues.

ones i was shooting my glock26 at MRA and one fellow asked me - "wow, what is it? a Glock??? wow... are those illigal in our state (Mass)?" he also asked me if he can take a look of my glock since he didnt see one before.
isnt it something. then i told the guy that i got this one from Four Seasons and its totally legal. he looked like he was having hard time to believing it.
but honestly i didnt want to get sucked in to conversation about legality issues.

Conversations I have had:

Yes - this is a Glock. Yes it is legal. Yes you can buy them in MA. I have 6 of them. Yes Gen 3's are legal in MA for a "civilian" to own. I have 4 - I bought 3 of them directly from cops.

No this isn't a machine gun. You need to go home and bring up a web browser and go find out what "semi-automatic" means.

Yes owning an AK is legal. I have one - I bought it directly from a gun shop. I know a bunch of other people who have them too.

Yes - this is a "sniper rifle". Yes it is legal. Go research the law.

Yes - you can get a permit to carry a concealed weapon in MA - but it depends a lot on what town you live in.

Etc.

A lot of this revolves around people's utter ignorance of the law and the amount of complete BS that is spread by the mainstream media. I have found that if you approach this the right way - you can open a lot of people's eyes. Even some of the dimwits at the gun range.

This is why I stopped buying pre-ban mags that don't have a date code stamped on them.

So you only bring guns that use AR-15 mags to the range? Those are the only mags I've ever seen that use a date code, and even then, it's not consistent.

-Mike

So you only bring guns that use AR-15 mags to the range? Those are the only mags I've ever seen that use a date code, and even then, it's not consistent.

-Mike

Yeah - it's a problem with the FAL, and the M1A, and pistols that accept pre-ban high-caps.

But it solves the problem with:

The AR
The Robinson XCR
The Sig 556
The Daewoo
The FNC

and it would also solve the problem with the following (if I had one)

FS2000
SCAR
ACR
etc.....

I have the parts to build up an AR-10 (if I ever get around to it) - and I got one of those CMMG lowers that accept the HK mags. Which are cheap as hell (97 cents in some cases) - and all have date codes stamped on them (gotta love the Germans and the anal retentiveness)

OK, you’re at the range and shooting your AR15 using a legal pre-ban 30 round mag.

Another club member comes over and says, “hey, those 30 round mags. are illegal (in Mass.)unless it’s a pre-ban mag., is it?”

You don’t know this guy and have never seen him at the club before.

How do you response? I'm a non confrontational person so I'd just invite him to take a look at it he he wishes.

BTW this did NOT happen to me, I’m just curious to know how you’d reply.

Thanks.

I'd look down on them with an expression of utter disdain as if they just soiled themselves and go about my business...wouldn't waste one word's worth of breath on them at all.

Fitzy: She didn't notice us, she must be a cop.
Delahunt: Yeah, she's probably the f**king Police Commissioner.

Colin Sullivan: I can't wait to see you explain this one to a f***ing Suffolk County jury you f***ing co**su**er. This is gonna be f***ing fun! [laugh] [wink]

-Mike

My Galil's mags are date coded too [wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom