Is there a reason.......

DarkJoker33

NES Member
That there are no meetups?
Be it either just range days
Rucking somewhere in NH, Vermont etc
Training days (kinda range days. But a structure behind it)

I know its a life gets in the way thing be it family or work.
But since we are a community of like minded folk it just seems that something is lacking in the community part.

I know there's a meet up coming soon, I saw the thread.

Things like pnw gorilla

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/L0FP-c91wyA?si=gbwS1TOENN-AFnML

or others on YouTube like brass facts, hop or garand thumb with his crew Charlie and Micah.

Not sure what you are talking about. We get together at least once per month for beers, we have some other get togethers, I also go hiking with some NES members and not long ago we had a big bore meet.

We have a solid group.

show up to some of the public meets and get invited to the rest.

But if you are expecting to walk through the woods with a full kit and guns, have fun. I don't participate in larping sh*t with a bunch of strangers.

Not sure what you are talking about. We get together at least once per month for beers, we have some other get togethers, I also go hiking with some NES members and not long ago we had a big bore meet.

We have a solid group.

But if you are expecting to walk through the woods with a full kit and guns, have fun. I don't participate in larping sh*t with a bunch of strangers.
¡Vamos inna bosque!

We have a solid group.

I could be wrong, but outside of the most recent one coming up I've never seen posts for anything.

Maybe I'm not looking in the right sub forum?
Or I'm just missing the posts all together.

We have a solid group.

And anyone that knows Broc wont larp with him either. It leaves him cranky and angry.

But since we are a community of like minded folk it just seems that something is lacking in the community part.

Things like pnw gorilla

or others on YouTube like brass facts, hop or garand thumb with his crew Charlie and Micah.

Who lets a thing like work get in the way of friends and family and training

273633804_5346589772036895_1327187901757049784_n.jpg

Things like pnw gorilla

Organize one?

Someone has gotta do it.

People are generally over subscribed to everything these days and it seems to have gotten precipitously worse after covid.

I think part of it is that covid bullshit f***ed up everyone's lives and routines and people are awkwardly trying to reestablish what "normal" is.

As far as the larping or build parties etc. That stuff is all dead, at least in the public sphere. For obvious reasons. People still do it but that's an "offline networking" activity set these days.

I run NES dinners at Backyard Brewery every couple of months. Manchester NH.

Another group of NES'rs does a dinner in the Norfolk, MA area.

I run the poorly named Franklin meetup (we actually meet in Norfolk as Len said)

We have had 6 of them?

Occasionally we will unofficially meet. Those are pretty small.

We are about due for one.

So I’ll be putting out a thread real soon with a date, prob early next month.

I hear Maine is the best place for unofficial militias to get together and shoot...
Lol, Did this today. Just got home. 5 or 6 families, plus friends and neighbors, got together to hang out and shoot together.

A lot of Mainers don't give a shit about stupid laws any more.

As for NES shoots, most gun clubs don't want the liability and MA government prohibits machine gun shoots So it was fun while it lasted, but no more.
Does MA "prohibit MG shoots" or just rely on the fact that MGL provides no unlicensed MG use by someone who does not have a MG license?

Pass on the get-togethers.

1. I'm not good with people generally. A few at a time, OK, but the more there are the worse it is, especially if I don't already know them.
2. Other side of that coin: there are some people @ NES I don't especially like, and if they're there and I'm there, it may not end well.

Back
Top Bottom