Is there a reason.......

@DarkJoker33

There's also a less frequent, but still awesome western mass crew that meets up for dinner a few times a year. Pm me and ill make sure u get a link next time @5811 or @JDL sets one of these up. It's a great time.

Does MA "prohibit MG shoots" or just rely on the fact that MGL provides no unlicensed MG use by someone who does not have a MG license?
It's worth noting that despite the drivel espoused by the AG about this, that they were unable to convict Fleury of this. Probably because that "feeling" is just "gov feels" as opposed to actually vetted law. IMHO the directive is purely derived and not proven. To me it's no different than the Guida interpretation....That renders the foreigners shooting in MA on a competition exemption basically always illegal.

Last edited:
273633804_5346589772036895_1327187901757049784_n.jpg
ROFL, love that one.

@DarkJoker33 - Others have mentioned some of the regular get-togethers. There's quite a few of us who shoot military matches at Old Colony. See the Milsurp forum for that. Some active forum members plus a few who monitor the forum but rarely post. Great guys. There are other folks on the forum who shoot IDPA, 3 gun, etc. together. I'll repeat myself and mention that at its core, NES is a community of people who actually have broken bread and/or gone shooting together. Personally I prefer posting such things in the member forum as it filters down the numbers.

ROFL, love that one.

@DarkJoker33 - Others have mentioned some of the regular get-togethers. There's quite a few of us who shoot military matches at Old Colony. See the Milsurp forum for that. Some active forum members plus a few who monitor the forum but rarely post. Great guys. There are other folks on the forum who shoot IDPA, 3 gun, etc. together. I'll repeat myself and mention that at its core, NES is a community of people who actually have broken bread and/or gone shooting together. Personally I prefer posting such things in the member forum as it filters down the numbers.
Old colony in Pembroke?

Not sure what you are talking about. We get together at least once per month for beers, we have some other get togethers, I also go hiking with some NES members and not long ago we had a big bore meet.

We have a solid group.

show up to some of the public meets and get invited to the rest.

But if you are expecting to walk through the woods with a full kit and guns, have fun. I don't participate in larping sh*t with a bunch of strangers.
If you want to try Monadnock some time, lemme know

But no furry stuff.

Not sure what you are talking about. We get together at least once per month for beers, we have some other get togethers, I also go hiking with some NES members and not long ago we had a big bore meet.

We have a solid group.

show up to some of the public meets and get invited to the rest.

But if you are expecting to walk through the woods with a full kit and guns, have fun. I don't participate in larping sh*t with a bunch of strangers.
I wish I could take the time to meeting more than once a year, family has to take priority....right now 🤣

I've heard mixed things about the club.
I wish I actually knew what it was like as a range.
It's right around the corner from me.
So that'd be awesome as a range if I had an in.

I used to be a member when I was like 14 or something

As a idpa shooter, I don’t need a membership.

The action pits are the exclusive to idpa.

I can’t speak to the rest of the club as far as rules.

Join Marshfield or Monument Beach. Less fudd bullshit. Plymouth is full of fudd bs slso.

But since we are a community of like minded folk it just seems that something is lacking in the community part.

Things like pnw gorilla

I could be wrong, but outside of the most recent one coming up I've never seen posts for anything.

I've noticed it, too. Having moved here from the Pacific Northwest, I think it's mostly a cultural thing. All of my neighbors have lived in their homes for-fricking-ever. When I moved here I was told about Yankee “parochialism” --if you weren't born into the clan, you're not welcome in the clan.

PNW gun forums have topics such as building communities and interdependence. NES does not. When I was in the PNW I was welcomed in the Chamber of Commerce and was president of two different Lions clubs. In MA, I was DISinvited from my introductory Knights of Columbus meeting. Hahahaha! MA hospatility.

I wanted to join Marshfield. Even sat on the wait list for a year.
Posted a thread here about a sponsor because they require it.
Got no responses.
Yeah, in the old days you just had to show up at a meeting and any number of the oldtimers would sponsor you. It’s getting that way with all the clubs. Took me a few years to find a sponsor for MoBeach and I was pretty active there. Most people had thought I was already a member.

Pass on the get-togethers.

1. I'm not good with people generally. A few at a time, OK, but the more there are the worse it is, especially if I don't already know them.
2. Other side of that coin: there are some people @ NES I don't especially like, and if they're there and I'm there, it may not end well.
Who?? I haven’t seen blind fire in a while…

Back
Top Bottom