• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is a SAR a reasonable substitute for a CZ?

johngalt2

NES Member
I want to experience the CZ magic, and I am wondering if I can save a few bucks by getting a clone. I like the look of the SAR 2000ST and even the K2. But is the feeling close enough? Is it worth it, saving a few bucks?

I want to experience the CZ magic, and I am wondering if I can save a few bucks by getting a clone. I like the look of the SAR 2000ST and even the K2. But is the feeling close enough? Is it worth it, saving a few bucks?
CZ isn't really expensive to begin with.

By going with that weird clone shit you just basically ensuring that your gun will have no retained value.

Sounds like you already made up your mind, so why start the thread?
No I haven't. Otherwise, yeah, I wouldn't start a thread. I don't mind spending the extra cash - but only if it is worth that much.
I wonder how many here have shot both a SAR and a CZ.

No I haven't. Otherwise, yeah, I wouldn't start a thread. I don't mind spending the extra cash - but only if it is worth that much.
I went thru a cz phase for a bit

I owned every poly knock off the sar b6p shot really well

I had a few metal czs as well i settled on the p09 as my favorite and favorite shooter sold everything else

My cousin had a few of the higher end ones they were alright...i didn't shoot them much better than the poly guns honestly

Last edited:

Like drgrant said, if nothing else the resale value will be better.. I know nobody wants to or ever plans to ever sell a gun, but in case you have to...

This is what will happen.

You will buy it to save $200.

Then you will wish you purchased a CZ. Which you might end up buying and selling this gun for less than you paid.

DSP at its core.

Save for a couple more months or weeks or whatever and buy the real thing.
At least when you sell it you’ll get good money for it.
Save $300 buying a SAR and lose $200 when you sell it used.
Buy the CZ for full price and if you need or want to sell it you’ll probably only lose $100.

Save for a couple more months or weeks or whatever and buy the real thing.
At least when you sell it you’ll get good money for it.
Save $300 buying a SAR and lose $200 when you sell it used.
Buy the CZ for full price and if you need or want to sell it you’ll probably only lose $100.

Not to mention the shelf rot problem, the loss could be worse than $200.

CZ SP01
CZ 75 BD
SAR 2000ST
SAR K12
Which K12? The X or sports? The K12 is geared toward competition shooting. It is SAO with a nice trigger. I believe it was made to compete with the Shadow 2. The SP01 shoots well, but only if you upgrade it with some Cajun parts.
The SAR 2000 competes with the CZ 75. I don’t have the CZ 75 full size any more, only the 75 compact. Depending on what you want, My choices would be the SP01 or the K12 - X or the Sports.

Which K12? The X or sports? The K12 is geared toward competition shooting. It is SAO with a nice trigger. I believe it was made to compete with the Shadow 2. The SP01 shoots well, but only if you upgrade it with some Cajun parts.
The SAR 2000 competes with the CZ 75. I don’t have the CZ 75 full size any more, only the 75 compact. Depending on what you want, My choices would be the SP01 or the K12 - X or the Sports.
Thank you! That was great.

My recommendation is to get the CZ. From your list, the CZ 75 BD. The CZ 75 P01, which is the compact version from which the BD was scaled up. It's plenty big for my hands and it's a pleasure to shoot.

Take my comments with a grain of salt as I'm not familiar with the SAR clones.

Back
Top Bottom