• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The most unreliable gun you've shot

Never had any 'real' failures or unreliability in any of my firearms. I had one FTE on my Smith Enterprises M14... after I built it and neglected to open the gas valve.

I'm surprised by the number of Ruger Mk IIs and IIIs that have been mentioned.

That usually doesn't come out in the threads recommending the Ruger's while pissing on the P22.

Last edited:
To all who shot the DE at the last shoot (or really ever for that matter). I'm well aware that it is NOT the picture of reliability (see my lampooning of it in the "Your guns suck" thread written some years ago on this forum), but I am suprised that it jammed with the .50ae barrel in it so consistently at the last shoot. I thought the first shooter might have not had the required "death grip" on it and thus caused it to jam, but when 3 or 4 other folks had the same result it clearly was (and is) the gun. Not sure what the deal is, but I guess it really doesn't matter as I never ever shoot the thing except at NES shoots. I'll clean it thoroughly and see if that makes a difference. It shouldn't be the ammo, as those .50ae rounds make the earth spin backwards when they go off.

In any event, the whole thing was good for a laugh... [smile]

my marlin glenfield model 60. that thing wont reset for the life of it. or my raven MP25, for obvious reasons

I'm surprised by the number of Ruger Mk IIs and IIIs that have been mentioned.

That usually doesn't come out in the threads recommending the Ruger's while pissing on the P22.

All things are relative.

Relative to a typical P22, a Rguer MKII/III or 22/45 is probably extremely reliable.

-Mike

Beretta jetfire pos

1. Beretta Jet fire 2. Walther P22

Were these the .22LR versions? Or .25ACP?

...those .50ae rounds make the earth spin backwards when they go off.

That made me [smile] ..and I've never even seen a .50AE round...

Harrington & Richardson Arms (Worcester, MA) 9-shot .22LR revolver. click...click...click...click...bang...click... Didn't matter what ammo, it consistently sucked.

My Ruger 10/22 with anything other than the factory box mag.
I have to say, all my other guns work fine, even my Para. Apparently I have a Unicorn, its a Para TAC-S LDA Commander sized 1911 that has never had a FTF no matter what kind of ammo I use.

To all who shot the DE at the last shoot (or really ever for that matter). I'm well aware that it is NOT the picture of reliability (see my lampooning of it in the "Your guns suck" thread written some years ago on this forum), but I am suprised that it jammed with the .50ae barrel in it so consistently at the last shoot. I thought the first shooter might have not had the required "death grip" on it and thus caused it to jam, but when 3 or 4 other folks had the same result it clearly was (and is) the gun. Not sure what the deal is, but I guess it really doesn't matter as I never ever shoot the thing except at NES shoots. I'll clean it thoroughly and see if that makes a difference. It shouldn't be the ammo, as those .50ae rounds make the earth spin backwards when they go off.

In any event, the whole thing was good for a laugh... [smile]

I think it would have worked had we all shot it sideways...You are, (as per) - a good sport Greg and thanks for the yuk-yuks... [smile]

Remington 522 Viper. Not sure what's worse...the 80lb trigger pull or the misfeeds/jams every 3rd round.
i had one for a while that i had bought for my grandson and it was decently accurate and i had no jams with it but i did have a few ftfs with it. he is not into 22 rifles so we traded it in on a P22. we both shot the P22 and it was ok but not extremely accurate for the 6 months that i kept it. i was taking it to the range today for my wife to try but i ended up trading it in on a smith 422 with a laser sight on it. i got 225 in trade for it so the smith cost me just 50 bucks. i think i was in the right spot at the right time for this deal. it also helped that there was one person in the store that could not wait for me to sign the papers so that he could by the P22.

Last edited:
Remington 522 Viper. Not sure what's worse...the 80lb trigger pull or the misfeeds/jams every 3rd round.

Ah, yes, another quality Remington product that FFLs just don't want to clutter their stores with. I hated hearing that we got a shipment in and had to push those POSs. Got dinged more than once for failing to sell my quota of these while I was at Horton's.

My Ruger 10/22 with anything other than the factory box mag.

George... it ain't the rifle. [wink]

Sorry.....Ruger MKII .22.....maybe its the ammo selection, but WTF a .22 LR is a .22 LR.

I'll buy it off of you.

Ah, yes, another quality Remington product that FFLs just don't want to clutter their stores with. I hated hearing that we got a shipment in and had to push those POSs. Got dinged more than once for failing to sell my quota of these while I was at Horton's.

I bet you weren't the only one.... so why were they pushing them that hard anyways? Or was it part of their deal with remington... eg, "if you are gonna wholesale for us you have to take X number of (whatever) every month, even if it is s**t. "

It evades me when manufacturers think they can try to "undercut" something like a 10/22.

-Mike

so why were they pushing them that hard anyways? Or was it part of their deal with remington... eg, "if you are gonna wholesale for us you have to take X number of (whatever) every month, even if it is s**t."

Nailed it in one shot, Mike. That's EXACTLY why.

So far the only one that has had several issues and it's increasing every dang time we go to the range is the Sig Sauer Mosquito. While putting it through the paces and generally just shooting it for fun we've come across several FTE's. Even racking the slide back a couple times doesn't do anything.

I'd think it was the ammo if we didn't use it in our Ruger 10/22, M&P15-22, Smith and Wesson .22LR hand gun without any flaws

Back
Top Bottom