• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The most unreliable gun you've shot

SKS Ray

NES Member
Everybody has shot one. That gun that didn't feed, extract, or function for shit. That one gun you'd hate to depend on to save your ass.

For me its my Star B. Its finicky with certain ammo and while it looks great and is a nice addition to my collection, its failed quite a few times. Could be the feed ramp needs polishing, I don't know, but I'd hate to have it as my go to for defense.

P22, jammed all day long even with good ammo. Ejected the shells all over the place, many times down the back of my shirt as well. To be fair I bought it VERY will used. I sent it to S&W and they sent me a brand new one. I didn't use the new one once, I just sold it.....

I hate to say this, but my response is my S&W 1911. That said, I just got a call from them today telling me it has been repaired and is being shipped back to me. Now, if I can actually find an .45 ammo I'll give it another go at the range and hopefully it'll run flawlessly.

Tanfoglio GT-380, been through two firing pins and another just broke, going to replace it and then sell trhe gun, got it for short money anyway.

Kahr made Auto Ordinance GI-Parkerized 1911.

I bought it for a customization project but it needed a lot of work. It may have been a great 1911 after all the work but i have a nice stainless SW1911 now and im happy.

Without question that would be Fooped's Para Warthog, and by associated condemnation all Para Warthogs. I can not recall any time where that gun regardless of shooter successfully cycled a full magazine. May it rest in pieces.

And I would say Fooped's HK Mk23

Maybe it just really needed to be cleaned and oiled, but when I was shooting it (Pumpkin Shoot 08), the damn thing just wouldnt run.

-AMT "Back Up" .380.... I think by "Back Up" they mean that the cartridges would get backed up in the magazine from the gun jamming. [laugh]

-Seecamp .32 - Sure, it looks nice, but the f*king thing jammed unless you
put a DEATH GRIP on it while firing. Basically if you didn't grip it until your
hand hurt, it would jam. Kept doing this even after I sent it back once.

-Ruger MKII - the one I had was fussy as hell and jammed on nearly anything except CCI blazer ammo... so thats what I fed it.

-Mike

Actually, maybe my Yugo SKS. I took it out to the range for the first time and tried to put a mag through it, but it only fired twice out of the ten times. I'm pretty sure I missed some cosmo in the bolt or something.

Colt Defender Lightweight. Gun refused to chamber next round reliably, even after I replaced all the internals with Ed Brown parts. But, it would still also automatically engage the slide catch...

S&W PPK-S just sent it back today for a recall, I guess it would discharge out of the blue or when to take the safety off, ththig is a POS it jams all the time! When you pull the trigger sometimes it shoots and sometimes it doesn't I would never carry this again.
It's a $500 paper weight.

A Rossi 22 revolver I bought new 20 years ago key holed the rounds, brought it back,he gave me another, same thing happened again Got a refund and bought something else. The owner of the gun shop sent all the Rossi's back to the distributor. Can you guess the Gun shop and the owner?

My CZ-52 is not yet a reliable shooter. The slide release pin tends to work out and at least one of the mags has a tendency to drop it's floorplate. I'm still working on it.

The Yugo has got to have the gas system cleaned out of all cosmo.. My gun jammed until i was ready to chuck it,... then got serious about tearing the whole thing down.. no jams and nothing but "bang" ever sense.. Also got the tch-sites for it... ot a tack driver, but damn close.. Case it shows... I love my Yugo

Sorry thought this was an email response.. it doesnt go with this thread.. my bad

Back
Top Bottom