What are your silliest, most useless firearms.

There's nothing bad about a Shockwave if it's equipped with a brace or SBSed. Out of the box? Sure it's useless but nobody runs them that way.
That is the best way to use them, but without the brace the .410 model is capable of being ran most effectively, inside the home at least.

I wouldn't want one in 12, that's for sure.

I threw a light and a laser on mine, rests under my bed. Oh, forgot about the MOST useless pistol I own: HiPoint pistol in .45. A friend gave it to me because it was such a piece of chit. Mag falls out when you fire it. Figure I'll trade it for a chicken when the SHTF.
Send it back to Hi Point. They'll fix it and give u a free mag.

My answer “same” was I have a NAA in .22lr and .22 mag “also”

No suckage here.

I also have a seecamp with no sights. Aiming is overrated

Don't own it, but laugh everytime I see one
View attachment 870099
I have one. I thought they were stupid until I saw someone draw one from a holster. Now I have one too. It is just plain ridiculous.

And speaking of ridiculous I also bought this because it looks so stupid.

I have issues.

qIsgJ74.jpg

I have one. I thought they were stupid until I saw someone draw one from a holster. Now I have one too. It is just plain ridiculous.

I have issues.

qIsgJ74.jpg
How the heck do you use this thing lol

Silliest is my LR308 build in .300 WSM. It sounds like a reasonable build in that the .300 WSM was designed to work in short (i.e. .308 Win) bolt actions. Of course the devil is in the details. The .300 WSM overall length is 2.860" vs. the .308’s 2.800” and the case length is 2.100" vs. the .308’s 2.015”. So what’s the big deal about 0.06" of OAL and 0.085” of case length? As anyone who reloads knows, quite a bit. All the .300 WSM commercial ammo that I’ve found is loaded to the maximum OAL since all the bolt action .300 WSMs’ chambers are cut to this spec. That means that they really don’t fit in most LR308 magazines, that 0.06" is just a bit too much. The only mag that will “sort of” reliably work with commercial ammo is the ASC Stainless Steal SR-25 mag. So if you want to use a generic LR308 mag you need to modify them to allow them to hold the slightly longer cartridge (generally by cutting out a notch in the front of the mag, which ends up weakening the feed lips). But what you really want to do is to reload so you can keep your OAL to a compatible 2.800”. And that 0.085" of extra case length means you have to Dermal out the front of the upper’s ejection port in order to get the cases to eject reliably. Plus the shape of the cartridge means that you can’t get the first round to reliably feed if you put more than 4 rounds in the mag. Overall it’s a real pita. But when it’s working it actually is a remarkably accurate and powerful rifle. It does give a .300 Win. Mag. a run for it’s money.

I've got some pretty silly firearms, but last night, I hit the "Buy It Now" button on what will likely be my silliest to date. It will take a couple of weeks for me to get it, and I'll post up some pics after it arrives.

Frank

my bud has a single shot thompson contender chambered in 280 Rem. it weighs with scope about 4.5 lbs..His wife bought him an extra barrel in 416 Rigby..ya he says I am not going to shoot that

The 2 in the middle are Hamilton rifles, they have some kind of brass barrel wrapped in steel. Must have been a pretty inexpensive rifle for kids, back in the day when you could do that sort of thing. They sold for $2-5 dollars back in the 1898, other 22 rifles where about $10

Attachments

• BAD363E9-C453-47FA-B028-9BE011449B25.jpeg
    BAD363E9-C453-47FA-B028-9BE011449B25.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 42B267B8-296E-469D-AE86-C477A6A6F88B.jpeg
    42B267B8-296E-469D-AE86-C477A6A6F88B.jpeg
    694.1 KB · Views: 16
  • BAAF6AF5-046D-4FB4-9050-3E6418F98C51.jpeg
    BAAF6AF5-046D-4FB4-9050-3E6418F98C51.jpeg
    653.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 649546CB-C13E-421F-A20C-45ABE8D1021E.jpeg
    649546CB-C13E-421F-A20C-45ABE8D1021E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Gentlemen, I present the Larc International M-19A "Anihilator" BB machine gun as found in magazine ads circa 1980. It can fire 3,000 BBs per minute using canned freon, destroying both tin cans and the ozone layer at the same time. Sights? Who needs 'em when you can follow the solid line of BBs to the point of impact. Plus there's some simulated wood accents, a carrying handle, and suppressor that keeps the sound down to that of a BB gun.

M19 #1.jpg M19 Ad.png

Back in the day I thought it would be cool to have one of these, but I knew I wouldn't be able to afford the freon it would take to power my very own mini-minigun! These things are ridiculous in person. It feels like an empty coolant container and weights under a pound with the stock attached. And you gotta love how the serial number was just scraped into the side!

It's possible to convert them to fire from a compressor, and I think I'll give it a go this summer.

M19 #2.jpg

Last edited:

I have issues.

qIsgJ74.jpg
I have one from back when @Acme.Armament was still around. Bought it as a NES Shoot laugher. It is a Gen-you-ine K-Bar afterall. [laugh]Where'd you, or your friend, find a holster?

Gentlemen, I present the Larc International M-19A "Anihilator" BB machine gun as found in magazine ads circa 1980. It can fire 3,000 BBs per minute using canned freon, destroying both tin cans and the ozone layer at the same time. Sights? Who needs 'em when you can follow the solid line of BBs to the point of impact. Plus there's some simulated wood accents, a carrying handle, and suppressor that keeps the sound down to that of a BB gun.

View attachment 874167 View attachment 874174

Back in the day I thought it would be cool to have one of these, but I knew I wouldn't be able to afford the freon it would take to power my very own mini-minigun! These things are ridiculous in person. It feels like an empty coolant container and weights under a pound with the stock attached. And you gotta love how the serial number was just scraped into the side!

It's possible to convert them to fire from a compressor, and I think I'll give it a go this summer.

View attachment 874166

16 year old me is jealous! LOL

I've got some pretty silly firearms, but last night, I hit the "Buy It Now" button on what will likely be my silliest to date. It will take a couple of weeks for me to get it, and I'll post up some pics after it arrives.

Frank

As promised, here's that pretty silly gun I just bought. It's a Chiappa 1892 Mare's Leg. Oh, and it's a takedown model, so I can break it down to about half its length, which should come in handy if I ever want to pocket carry it. And although I like this medium sized lever on it, I think I'll be swapping it for a large lever, instead. I do that with most of my lever guns, actually. Now, I just need a holster for it, and a long trench coat for concealed carry. [smile]

full

full

Frank

Last edited:
I sold that exact set to a customer years back. You happen to buy that in NB?

Also @Marty McFly ...you gonna post up your newest useless acquisition after tomorrow?
Finally time for my MOST USELESS FIREARM!
I love to collect oddity firearms but I've had one on my bucket list for years. My friend and very very respected member of the firearm community made that happen. I would like to give a huge thank you to our own @cstockwell for understanding oddities and my mental retardation. This is a gun I would never sell.
Thanks Charlie. You've made my year.
The rest of you know how retarded I am already. Here she is! A minty fresh Zip22!
20240421_164803.jpg 20240421_164816.jpg 20240421_164828.jpg

Finally time for my MOST USELESS FIREARM!
I love to collect oddity firearms but I've had one on my bucket list for years. My friend and very very respected member of the firearm community made that happen. I would like to give a huge thank you to our own @cstockwell for understanding oddities and my mental retardation. This is a gun I would never sell.
Thanks Charlie. You've made my year.
The rest of you know how retarded I am already. Here she is! A minty fresh Zip22!
View attachment 874890View attachment 874891View attachment 874892
You can’t top a zip gun. So brilliantly awful.

Back
Top Bottom