• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are you spending your tax return on?

I would like to purchase another 9mm pistol I only have one haven't purchased a semi auto since the Ruger sr9c came out still carry it the good thing is I know it like the back of my hand. In my original crossbreed holster its molded to me. I hate when they discontinue a great gun....

I usually get a return. If I don't need the money, I usually use it to invest in things. All about trying to keep up with inflation/maintaining my wealth.

I usually get back a few bucks, not that much. So not really worth trying to figure out what to spend it on, just adds to the checking account to pay bills. But last year I sold a house, hopefully I don't owe too much this year.

Oil. Studded snow tires for next year. New water heater. My kid's therapy. There's no shortage of places to put the money. But if I did have some just for fun money, it'd go towards a snowblower for my tractor.

scored with credits on the Feds....new heat pump system, new elect service, new slider, new windows! Slide $7500 into the wife's IRA, and I still have to pay $300 !!!
but no MA Tax !!! YOWZA !!

scored with credits on the Feds....new heat pump system, new elect service, new slider, new windows! Slide $7500 into the wife's IRA, and I still have to pay $300 !!!
but no MA Tax !!! YOWZA !!
I did consider a new heat pump/ac ....probably would have killed my tax load enough to break even. Tough to do that if your figuring on selling though....not sure it would have been worth it.

I end up paying in but this is getting harder to pass by….

I have not seen a refund in ten years. Last year I really goofed and had to pay the penalty for owing them to much.
I claim zero and have them take out an extra $50 per week. But the house is paid off and only one kid is still at home
I am hoping to owe them less than $5k this year.
It sucks, but it is what it is.

I haven't figured out how much I will have to pay or get back.

Stay tuned for future information.

Back
Top Bottom