What are your silliest, most useless firearms.

can i relate this story, disclaimer, not my useless gun. i had a friend who got hard over a bond arms derringer chambered for 45-70 laying in a local gun shops show case. hell, the nose of the bullet was so far out in front when a round was chambered i doubted any of the bullet touched rifling. this guy was legendary shooting some pretty weird and useless stuff, he was fearless. i wasn't there but i heard from his brother and several of his friends who were, upon first pull of the trigger, the hammer spur imbedded itself in his skull in the middle of his forehead under recoil. everyone there laughing so hard they forgot to render aid, yank the gun from his head and cover the wound and drive to the hospital. they were in rural vermont a far distance from a hospital.

hospital staff and the police wanted to write it as a self inflicted gun shot wound. with all involved laughing hysterically while trying to relate the facts to a doubled over police officer, all ended well. the report was changed, and the little pistol never left the safe again. i had heard it still had blood and a bit of guck crusted on the hammer after many years of being idle.

i would say that little derringer was pretty useless and would make anyone's list.
We need that gun at the next meeting of the NES wrist breakers!

COP .357

cop_357_01.jpg

Is it better or worse than a VP70 HK? That seriously has to be the worst trigger ive ever used on a handgun. It had to be like 15+ lbs, and like 18 breakover force, it was certifiably insanely
bad. [rofl]

Yes. They are very close! And horrible!

And if you look closely at the triggers, I think COP borrowed the design! They look the same except for color.

Gartman had a VP70 about a year ago. I wanted it as a novelty gun. But the price did not make sense.

But beat Glock to the polymer market.

@Zappa If you want to get rid of it, send me a pm.

I traded it away a long time ago, but wish I still had it today just for the novelty factor, I like goofy stuff. [laugh]
Money was much more a factor back then than it is today, I don't need to get rid of anything nowadays if I want to get something else.
Today the issue is I don't care for all the plastic frame guns on the market, I still prefer real metal.
I'd rather have on old Walther P88 or Browning P35 than a new Glock.

Last edited:
can i relate this story, disclaimer, not my useless gun. i had a friend who got hard over a bond arms derringer chambered for 45-70 laying in a local gun shops show case. hell, the nose of the bullet was so far out in front when a round was chambered i doubted any of the bullet touched rifling. this guy was legendary shooting some pretty weird and useless stuff, he was fearless. i wasn't there but i heard from his brother and several of his friends who were, upon first pull of the trigger, the hammer spur imbedded itself in his skull in the middle of his forehead under recoil. everyone there laughing so hard they forgot to render aid, yank the gun from his head and cover the wound and drive to the hospital. they were in rural vermont a far distance from a hospital.

hospital staff and the police wanted to write it as a self inflicted gun shot wound. with all involved laughing hysterically while trying to relate the facts to a doubled over police officer, all ended well. the report was changed, and the little pistol never left the safe again. i had heard it still had blood and a bit of guck crusted on the hammer after many years of being idle.

i would say that little derringer was pretty useless and would make anyone's list.
So, are you implying that I shouldn't actually fire this thing that I just picked up?

full

Frank

Relative to my own inventory, it would be an AR7. However, took it to the range today and was on 4" targets at 50 yds. Maybe not so bad after all.

You, sir, have never fired an HK USP9 in double action.

Yes, I have, and I know how to clean them up very well. An hour of TLC (tear down and some very light work with high grit sandpaper etc. ) and a wolff 12lb spring, good to go.

Even stock, they don't hold a candle to a VP70 in terms of awfulness. Like as in, not on the same continent.

Yes, I have, and I know how to clean them up very well. An hour of TLC (tear down and some very light work with high grit sandpaper etc. ) and a wolff 12lb spring, good to go.

Even stock, they don't hold a candle to a VP70 in terms of awfulness. Like as in, not on the same continent.
There is a Remo Willam’s finger board joke here.

Got to have finger strength

This Beretta 25 is silly and pretty useless, but I hang onto it because it has a coolness factor.

I thought about selling it but realistically I probably couldn't even give it away. But the rosewood grips I added are nice. :)

View attachment 870300

I also have one of the those, and a pair of Browning Babies… one real, the other a Baur clone… 🤦🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom