What are your silliest, most useless firearms.

Flobert parlor rifle
How Dare You Greta GIF

I’ll list a few of mine… These are guns I have with no real use other then as range toys…

NAA Mini-Revolvers in .22LR and .22 MAG
Taurus .17 HRM Revolver
Desert Eagle .50 AE
Lone Eagle .308 Win
Ruger Super Redhawk .454 Casul
A .45LC/.410 Derringer
Every Glock I own.
Every 1911 I own.
SIG 365.

Useless. All of them.

Not silly but basically useless:

Walther P38 WWII Take home. True take home and not assembled from parts. All numbers match and correct proofs. Condition not good enough to be a real collectible but also not bad. The few times I've shot it everything worked and no problems however it just sits in the safe. Never (rarely) shoot it and for some reason I won't sell it.

Boito 12 GA O/U Cheap Brazilian made shotgun. Sold in big box stored in the late 70s, early 80s (I got it at K-Mart). Number 1 on the list of worst shotguns ever made. The 5 Worst Shotguns Ever Made Cheap in every respect. Can't bring myself to get rid of it because it was the first gun I bought on my own when I was 19.

Nobody has posted up Mossberg Shockwave yet?
Don't have one yet...

Just to add. I am not sad I bought the ones I listed but out of what I have they serve the least practicality. Really in the end I had to have them.

Mine was a Raven .25 a nice thing to have when you need a gun but don't have one
To throw at someone! Total POS. I used to think my Drako pistol was a fun/useless gun, until I put a Brace on it! Now one of my favorites!

On a % basis it’s my most appreciated gun as they go for 150-200.

When did you buy it? Around 1980 or so? Your $55 is about $219 now. That doesn't keep up with inflation at the high end of the curve. So by that standard, it hasn't "appreciated" at all.

I have a Davis 38 derringer that in addition to being a piece of shit, is nearly useless. The price was free. [rofl]

When did you buy it? Around 1980 or so? Your $55 is about $219 now. That doesn't keep up with inflation at the high end of the curve. So by that standard, it hasn't "appreciated" at all.

About the same time as DED below... I got it at Fin and Fur in Uxbridge. Buddy bought a chrome one.

I think I paid around the same in 1989-90 for my die-cast masterpiece.

Unfortunately, most of them. Have the usual collection of "toolbox" guns, but all the milsurp stuff - who really needs a FAL, Mosin, M1 carbine, Suomi, PPSH41, Thompson, Owen, MP40, Lanchester, etc, etc ,etc ,etc, etc, etc, etc?

can i relate this story, disclaimer, not my useless gun. i had a friend who got hard over a bond arms derringer chambered for 45-70 laying in a local gun shops show case. hell, the nose of the bullet was so far out in front when a round was chambered i doubted any of the bullet touched rifling. this guy was legendary shooting some pretty weird and useless stuff, he was fearless. i wasn't there but i heard from his brother and several of his friends who were, upon first pull of the trigger, the hammer spur imbedded itself in his skull in the middle of his forehead under recoil. everyone there laughing so hard they forgot to render aid, yank the gun from his head and cover the wound and drive to the hospital. they were in rural vermont a far distance from a hospital.

hospital staff and the police wanted to write it as a self inflicted gun shot wound. with all involved laughing hysterically while trying to relate the facts to a doubled over police officer, all ended well. the report was changed, and the little pistol never left the safe again. i had heard it still had blood and a bit of guck crusted on the hammer after many years of being idle.

i would say that little derringer was pretty useless and would make anyone's list.

Back
Top Bottom