• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where your guns are made...

Some of you know I'm a stickler for only buying USA made guns...here's a short list of domestically produced guns as of 2024...(this list lacks about 100 manufacturers but it's not bad for a short list)

And more...

Last edited:
Top 25 guns I’ve ever owned that have been my favorites out of the many have all been foreign. Lol . I’ve had more American-made guns, go back to the factory brand new out of the box and only had that happen with one foreign rifle.
I don't disagree, the Glock 19 is the most reliable firearm ever produced....I'm just weird I guess, but we are the country with the greatest respect for gun rights, the largest number of firearm companies and designs, and we have the greatest gun culture in the world...it's just hard for me to buy a Bergara and sit at the range and feel the same joy.

Top 25 guns I’ve ever owned that have been my favorites out of the many have all been foreign. Lol . I’ve had more American-made guns, go back to the factory brand new out of the box and only had that happen with one foreign rifle.
My best hunting shotguns by far

Original browning a5 made in Belgium
New model a5 made in Spain

Just my opinion......the best shotguns in the world are not made in America. Period.

Thanks for sharing very interesting. Is it true now that Smith is only making revolvers in Massachusetts now since they moved?

My best hunting shotguns by far

Original browning a5 made in Belgium
New model a5 made in Spain

Just my opinion......the best shotguns in the world are not made in America. Period.
The nicest O/U's are pretty much made in other countries. Italy, Spain/Portugal, Turkey, and Japan

Turkish guns are by far coming into some of the best guns Ive had. Thousands of rounds thru my 300 dollar Turkish autoloaders without fail or hiccup.
IMHO.....Beretta and Benelli not even need be in the autoloader market. I'll never pay that much with Turkish stuff out there.

Defensively......still carry the American Made Mossberg MC2C and Maverick Pump shotgun. 9mm handgun market is just overrun with good stuff from all places cheap.

1911's......American guns are great in this space....but Turkish guns are coming on hard in the low cost arena.

Bolt actions - Ruger, and I have an older Marlin XS7, and Savage. Stevens 334....turkish made and coming on strong cheap though.

Lever guns - Henry and Ruger Marlin are tops for working class guns.....but if you want to get into dollars....Winchesters made overseas are beautiful and well made. Uberti is good as well pricy.
Rossi is kinda hit or miss but they do run.

Thanks for sharing very interesting. Is it true now that Smith is only making revolvers in Massachusetts now since they moved?
Yes everything is moveing to Tennessee except 22 semiautomatic pistols and 1911's they are still being made in Maine the revolvers are currently being made in Springfield all other guns will be made in Tennessee. The forge and heat treating and plating is also still in Springfield.

If you limit yourself to USA manufactured guns you’re missing out.

Id rather die on a “not made in China” hill. It’s more rewarding.
Honestly I'm mostly a big bore revolver guy, a segment dominated almost exclusively by US manufacturers but I get it...Browning O/U, Tikka T3s, everything Glock, etc.

I like the ones made in Austria. Even my FFL makes fun of me.

I held a PSA dagger he had in stock and said wow that’s nice. He laughed in my face about it!

I don't disagree, the Glock 19 is the most reliable firearm ever produced....I'm just weird I guess, but we are the country with the greatest respect for gun rights, the largest number of firearm companies and designs, and we have the greatest gun culture in the world...it's just hard for me to buy a Bergara and sit at the range and feel the same joy.

I gave up on jingoism a long time ago when it comes to guns. A lot of American guns are hot garbage, and it would drastically limit my choices. Are there good American guns? Sure, i own a lot of them. There are also brands like Henry and a whole slew of AR producers who make great guns.

I also am against gun jingoism on principle because there were people in the industry pushing it years ago and they were actively conspiring against reducing our freedom. Most import bans currently on the books were birthed directly from US manufacturers engaging in market protectionism.

Also mindless gun jingoism in the current market is kind of retarded like I have Glocks that have Georgia proof marks on them now. HK, SIG, CZ, and Beretta manufacturer substantial amount of guns in this country now.

Some of you know I'm a stickler for only buying USA made guns...here's a short list of domestically produced guns as of 2024...(this list lacks about 100 manufacturers but it's not bad for a short list)

And more...

Meh ... I am more of a quality guy.

If I will dump that kind of money on something, I want quality. I don't give a f*ck where it is manufactured.

Manufacturing does matter for support, but some companies, like TIKKA, have plenty of support so I don't care.

The nicest O/U's are pretty much made in other countries. Italy, Spain/Portugal, Turkey, and Japan

Turkish guns are by far coming into some of the best guns Ive had. Thousands of rounds thru my 300 dollar Turkish autoloaders without fail or hiccup.
IMHO.....Beretta and Benelli not even need be in the autoloader market. I'll never pay that much with Turkish stuff out there.
[rofl]

Lol but, no. I have been around a lot of turkatron autos. And I run one on the reg for sporting clays (a CZ1012, which probably has thousands of shells through it). Are they decent? sure, for competing against a lot of other low end/entry offerings, depending on the vendor. (turkatrons run the gamut from gutter trash to competent, depending on the actual maker, importer and spec). I know a lot of guys with turkatrons. The thing is though they're not going to be ever viewed in the same light as the A400 or whatever other mainstream mid grade autos that are out there. The guns don't point or feel the same, they don't suck up the recoil the same way among other things.

Don't get me wrong turkatrons play a valuable role. And I do think many of them are better than a lot of shitty entry grade US autos. Like its not that hard to see a 1012 pummeling a lot of the junk that winchester/remington/etc had churned out on the low end, in terms of reliaiblity. A lot of that stuff is just puke worthy.

Turkatrons are also great for just f***ing around. So your club is having a subcaliber sporting clays shoot or subcaliber class (eg, course must be shot with a gun over 20ga etc) well its a cheap exercise to go out and buy a Tristar for $400ish just to f*** around with without having to overcommit to something.

I've seen tears in the eyes of grown men who really want a Canik, but can't do it, or are really "upset" because it's made in Turkey, yet own Glocks, CZs, and AKs from numerous countries that, at one point or another, wanted to turn North America into a smoldering crater.

I've also found that "100% Made in the USA" is more of a marketing term than a manufacturer guarantee. It would be a rare. almost impossible thing to see a true 100% USA shop - where the steel, alloys, tooling, software, computers, parts, diodes, people, and condiments in the employee fridge would be 100% American made.

I’ve yet to have an issue of any kind with an HK. Regardless of age.

I gave up on jingoism a long time ago when it comes to guns. A lot of American guns are hot garbage, and it would drastically limit my choices. Are there good American guns? Sure, i own a lot of them. There are also brands like Henry and a whole slew of AR producers who make great guns.

I also am against gun jingoism on principle because there were people in the industry pushing it years ago and they were actively conspiring against reducing our freedom. Most import bans currently on the books were birthed directly from US manufacturers engaging in market protectionism.

Also mindless gun jingoism in the current market is kind of retarded like I have Glocks that have Georgia proof marks on them now. HK, SIG, CZ, and Beretta manufacturer substantial amount of guns in this country now.

MY affinity for US Made guns has more to do with romanticism than pragmatism I'll admit that. If I truly lived the principle of trying to purchase only US Made goods I'd be walking around without underwear, appliances, a vehicle, etc.

And most of the foreign firearms manufacturers service the US market...sales within their own countries represent less than 10 percent of revenue..

Back
Top Bottom