• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where your guns are made...

If you limit yourself to USA manufactured guns you’re missing out.

Id rather die on a “not made in China” hill. It’s more rewarding.
No shit, Polytech Legend was arguably the best AK ever produced.

I don't care where anything is made, as long as it is the best. I will not buy junk just because it says "Made in the USA".

Being American means having the choice to buy the best or cheap out if you want because we have choices. If I want the most reliable car I buy Japanese, least reliable I buy a Jeep, best sportscar I would buy German or Italian, best wok, Chinese, best AR American.. You get the idea :)

No shit, Polytech Legend was arguably the best AK ever produced.

I don't care where anything is made, as long as it is the best. I will not buy junk just because it says "Made in the USA".

Being American means having the choice to buy the best or cheap out if you want because we have choices. If I want the most reliable car I buy Japanese, least reliable I buy a Jeep, best sportscar I would buy German or Italian, best wok, Chinese, best AR American.. You get the idea :)
You are spot on with your preferences.

I prefer Austrian Glocks.
Starts with "U" in the SKU is USA; "P" is Austrian.
If you want a Gen 5 G26 your only choice is USA, however.
Consider that the first Austrian Gen 5 G26's did not have front serrations and had chambering problems.
So, to be sure only get a USA Gen 5 G26.
There are exceptions for every rule.

You are spot on with your preferences.

I prefer Austrian Glocks.
Starts with "U" in the SKU is USA; "P" is Austrian.
If you want a Gen 5 G26 your only choice is USA, however.
Consider that the first Austrian Gen 5 G26's did not have front serrations and had chambering problems.
So, to be sure only get a USA Gen 5 G26.
There are exceptions for every rule.
Some Glocks are made in the US? I thought they were all made in Austria. Is it just the 26 made here?

Some Glocks are made in the US? I thought they were all made in Austria. Is it just the 26 made here?
A whole bunch of them are made in batches domestically. My 21 Gen4 is US, even has a cool proof mark on the slide that looks like a miniaturized state of Georgia.

ETA: there are hybrids, too. I think I have a US framed G34 with an Austria slide. I'll have to look. I lost track. US is still a minority though overall.

I’ve yet to have an issue of any kind with an HK. Regardless of age.
I had a USP sear spring fail. I would advise having at least 1 spare around, because that part can be hard to come by. It took me 8 months to get that f***ing spring, and it ultimately was only because Bruce Gray was generous enough to help me out. But out of all the HKs I had, that was the only failure. The gun would still fire but it was DAO because the hammer wouldn't cock.

A whole bunch of them are made in batches domestically. My 21 Gen4 is US, even has a cool proof mark on the slide that looks like a miniaturized state of Georgia.

ETA: there are hybrids, too. I think I have a US framed G34 with an Austria slide. I'll have to look. I lost track. US is still a minority though overall.
Ill have to look at my 43x, if it is US made I am selling it.

This....I had a G22....and its now my daughters gun..... made in US.

US models also has the Georgia state imprinted on the frame or slide or something if I remember.

Reptile....you should be able to sell them for 1 billion dollars cause they are rare in MA.

[rofl]

Lol but, no. I have been around a lot of turkatron autos. And I run one on the reg for sporting clays (a CZ1012, which probably has thousands of shells through it). Are they decent? sure, for competing against a lot of other low end/entry offerings, depending on the vendor. (turkatrons run the gamut from gutter trash to competent, depending on the actual maker, importer and spec). I know a lot of guys with turkatrons. The thing is though they're not going to be ever viewed in the same light as the A400 or whatever other mainstream mid grade autos that are out there. The guns don't point or feel the same, they don't suck up the recoil the same way among other things.

Don't get me wrong turkatrons play a valuable role. And I do think many of them are better than a lot of shitty entry grade US autos. Like its not that hard to see a 1012 pummeling a lot of the junk that winchester/remington/etc had churned out on the low end, in terms of reliaiblity. A lot of that stuff is just puke worthy.

Turkatrons are also great for just f***ing around. So your club is having a subcaliber sporting clays shoot or subcaliber class (eg, course must be shot with a gun over 20ga etc) well its a cheap exercise to go out and buy a Tristar for $400ish just to f*** around with without having to overcommit to something.
Yeah.....I'll agree with this.....its in my world. I run the Impala plus and that's a fantastic gun. Probably approaching 5k rounds...without an issue. Im a part time autoloader guy and really they are not "nice" guns to begin with for me. They are beat the shit out of rainy day guns. A nice sporting or hunting gun is going to be an O/U.....for me.

Unless we are talking an old Browning A-5 of which I own several and they are great for field guns and quality heirloom pieces. Especially my sweet 16's. But they are hard hitting guns and not for me for shooting the amount of rounds I put thru in a year.

New semi autos with aluminum receivers to me are all....... MEH. So the Turkatrons work fine for me.

But if I was going to buy a one time Semi auto with nice wood and stuff, and I was going to keep it for a heirloom lifetime gun it would be a Benelli/Beretta most likely.

But I take that 1500 and put it into a higher grade Browning O/U like a White lightning or something.......the though has crossed my mind about a Benelli 28 gauge though. Tri star I can cheap out on and get one for 500 or so.........actually had one, it was a good gun, but its not made like a Benelli for sure. No argument there. But for a working man...it runs.

If I buy the Benelli I likely would keep it though.......not burn a few thousand shells thru it and trade it or sell it like a Turkatron shitter.

Last edited:
Yeah, the only unreliable Glock I ever owned was a US Made G19...I attribute it not to the manufacturer but it whomever they subcontracted the cerakote job to in the early days. The application was either thicker than usual or grittier than usual and the thing had constant failures to feed. Even after polishing off the slide rails down to bare metal I would very occasionally have an issue. For me once I lose confidence in a gun it'll get sold, and it did.

Some of you know I'm a stickler for only buying USA made guns...here's a short list of domestically produced guns as of 2024...(this list lacks about 100 manufacturers but it's not bad for a short list)

And more...

Very interesting, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom