• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Saw the most beautiful rifle today at the gun store!

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Walked in and saw this Beautiful C Sharp Highwall single shot rifle with a vintage Malcolm 8x scope on it. Started drooling right away. She was in 30-30. If it was a 45-70 she’d be in my safe right now.

Problem being I keep thinking about it. I could use a 30-30! All I’d need is $2k. Oh boy.

It wasn’t marked Hi-Lux. It was marked as a Malcom 8x scope. I don’t know enough about it to know for sure. Looked beautiful though.
If it was in really good condition it was probably a Hi-Lux. They are marked Malcomb. The original Malcombs are probably 100+ years old by now, and the optics are crap, so the new ones are best if you want to actually use it.

Walked in and saw this Beautiful C Sharp Highwall single shot rifle with a vintage Malcolm 8x scope on it. Started drooling right away. She was in 30-30. If it was a 45-70 she’d be in my safe right now.

Problem being I keep thinking about it. I could use a 30-30! All I’d need is $2k. Oh boy.
I just picked up a Cimarron High wall in 45-70 and boy is it pretty. Well worth the money. Go check them out.

I will be honest, since you don't reload or cast, you would have wasted your money on that rifle. You will not find a single round that it likes because those rifles hate smokeless powder and they hate bullets under 500 grains. This is for 45/70. No idea about 30-30.

That gun is a SUB MOA gun with black powder and heavy bullets.

Last edited:
I have a Malcolm style scope on my Shiloh Sharps made by a guy on the west coast who is no longer making said scopes. I think he quit making them as his were in the $700 range and a Hi Lux was half that. When I bring the Sharps to the range it gets a lot of attention.

I’ve heard people lusting over these guns for years but have never so much as handled one. What’s the story with them? Is it a craftsmanship thing?

I’ve heard people lusting over these guns for years but have never so much as handled one. What’s the story with them? Is it a craftsmanship thing?
The highwall is just beautiful and simple. The action is slick and clean. It was called an improvement on the Sharps design many times. Which says something with all the sharps love out there.
Now add in C Sharps company and their fit and finish and you have a real winner.

If you are really into single shot and old rifles, my Army buddy in Lyme, CT has an unbelievable collection. I’ll see if he’d be willing to give you a private tour.

Beautiful rifle.

I like the scope, I have been thinking of getting an MVA for my Sharps but never used one.

Maybe we can meet at the range one day so I cna look through that scope.

Back
Top Bottom