• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The most unreliable gun you've shot

I wouldn't... I watched a Glock misfire a couple of times this past weekend. So much for Glock infallibility...

eh, there are always some lemons (or improperly maintained equipment)

maybe the owner oiled the glock instead of watered it

I wouldn't... I watched a Glock misfire a couple of times this past weekend. So much for Glock infallibility...

Nothing's infallible, but I'd wager a guess that gun probably needed some parts/springs replaced. There are a lot of Glock clunkers, especially in MA. A lot of people don't replace the recoil springs, or never have bothered to get their 2nd gens refurbed and upgraded.

I' own 5 of them and never had one that failed to fire. Same also applies to the 4 2nd Gens I used to have that I sold. I had erratic ejection issues with my 2nd gen 17L but that was about it. Sent it to the factory and they fixed it. (Of course the weird thing is they never really acknowledged what was wrong with it on the repair form, but it still got fixed, which is all I cared about. )

-Mike

Remember, most Glock failures are from limp-wristing.
(and if you limp-wrist, your MORE likely to do it under stress)

While this is often true I think its over-parroted as an excuse. Glocks don't like limp wristing, yes, but I find if you actually want to induce failures you have to go out of the way to do it.

-Mike

Nothing's infallible, but I'd wager a guess that gun probably needed some parts/springs replaced. There are a lot of Glock clunkers, especially in MA. A lot of people don't replace the recoil springs, or never have bothered to get their 2nd gens refurbed and upgraded.

No clue what it was other than it was some kind of compensated Glock at the Steel Challenge this weekend.

While this is often true I think its over-parroted as an excuse. Glocks don't like limp wristing, yes, but I find if you actually want to induce failures you have to go out of the way to do it.

-Mike

Limp-wristing is a funny thing, I had a friend that could do it all the time....yet when I shot the gun I could not get it to jam. I finally got it to jam by drastically exaggerating a limp hold.

But my point was that if you do limp-wrist Glocks, you are not going to stop in a time of stress, as was once thought. You are probably MORE likely to jam under a stressful situation.

Is it just me?

Is it just me? Or are others here finding this thread to be horribly depressing? I think that just about every gun I've ever owned or wanted to own or still hope to own in the future has been mentioned at least once here in this "most unreliable gun" thread. [hmmm]

Methinks someone should start a "most reliable gun you've ever owned" thread just to counter balance this one. [thinking]

CLMN

Methinks someone should start a "most reliable gun you've ever owned" thread just to counter balance this one. [thinking]

CLMN

For hand guns the old Sig's are about as good as it gets. There's a reason why so many US government agencies use them.
Glocks too, if you personally handle them right.

Then of course here in MA there are SO many guns you can't readily get....or there normal mag capacity.

Is it just me? Or are others here finding this thread to be horribly depressing? I think that just about every gun I've ever owned or wanted to own or still hope to own in the future has been mentioned at least once here in this "most unreliable gun" thread. [hmmm]

CLMN

Unfortunately, many of these posts are people who describe having a problem ONCE, or TWICE with a particular firearm, and they posted here saying it is the "most unreliable" firearm, so I can see how it can be confusing.

Some of the posts in this thread are proof that some people are ignorant to some types of firearms, and some people have clearly gone full retard, which is too bad, but hey, it is the interwebz. And those people are posting MORE mis-information for people actually trying to learn things from here. [thinking]

CLMN

It just goes to show you that even if a gun is generally reliable I'm sure it's pissed off someone, somewhere. [laugh]

Sometimes you gotta do your own legwork to determine if something is right for you, and once in awhile this means leaning things the hard way.

-Mike

Even Ferrari manufactures lemons every now and again. What may be one persons most unreliable firearm could also be anothers super tack driver.

I was at Collectors a few weeks ago and there was a guy there telling the owner how awesome his Auto Ordnance 1911A1 is and how it's the most accurate and reliable 1911 he owns. Considering mine has all but exploded in my face, I found it hard to believe... but I suppose even if the majority of AO's 1911A1's are junk it's possible that every now and again the planets align and they put out a real keeper.

P22. Id have better luck throwing the thing at somebody then the gun actually firing for me. Thing would either have a FTF or a FTE with stove pipes all the time. And like others said Id have brass going every which direction including down my shirt. And ammo didn't matter, it still wouldnt function. I sent it back to SW. they sent it back saying it was test fired and fine. Long story short, I sold it to my local gun shop.

My Sig Mosquito was very picky with ammo. FTE, FTL, Stove pipes, you name it. Only Ammo it would cycle properly was CCI minimags but those were pricy for .22 ammo. So I did some research and ended up smoothing out my feeding ramp and havent had an issue since! Now I shoot all day long for $15 for 500rds.

Even Ferrari manufactures lemons every now and again. What may be one persons most unreliable firearm could also be anothers super tack driver.

I was at Collectors a few weeks ago and there was a guy there telling the owner how awesome his Auto Ordnance 1911A1 is and how it's the most accurate and reliable 1911 he owns. Considering mine has all but exploded in my face, I found it hard to believe... but I suppose even if the majority of AO's 1911A1's are junk it's possible that every now and again the planets align and they put out a real keeper.
I have one, I sent it back to the factory because they mucked up the slide. They sent me out a new one I have at least a 600 rounds through it no problem since.

Well, in the interest of "balance", my two handguns are error-free. I bought my xD45 new in Arizona about 4 years ago. I feed it whatever is on sale… PMC, WWB, BlazingBrass, Federal, whatever. 3 13-round mags from AZ (now gone) and 3 10-rounders purchased here. Never, not one failure… It feeds, fires, ejects, locks open. When I moved here I left all 3 magus loaded with 12 rounds each, didn't shoot it for over a year. To the range, emptied all 3 like clockwork… I'm now at several thousand rounds error-free:)

My k40 bought used at FS Guns a year ago. 2 6-round magus, close to 1000 rounds, also error free. I just think it's so broken-in it doesn't care:)

I guess I'm due for a Karma-fail next time I shoot, or a POS when I make my next purchase...

I had an M&P9c that was really bad. It would failed to return to battery about 20% of the time it was fired. I tried different lubes, different ammos, reapired at the factory, etc., and nothing seemed to make a difference. Then one day, "poof", it started behaving. I still have no idea what was the issue with that gun.

Everybody has shot one. That gun that didn't feed, extract, or function for shit. That one gun you'd hate to depend on to save your ass.

For me its my Star B. Its finicky with certain ammo and while it looks great and is a nice addition to my collection, its failed quite a few times. Could be the feed ramp needs polishing, I don't know, but I'd hate to have it as my go to for defense.

Anything that wasnt Russian or Czech (spelling?).

Hi-Point C-9. Was the first handgun I owned. Was on a very tight budget and it was what I could afford at the time. Bought it used at a pawn shop for $100. Rarely could make it through a mag without jamming. It's someone else's problem now.

Anything carried by the French Army...

Everybody has shot one. That gun that didn't feed, extract, or function for shit. That one gun you'd hate to depend on to save your ass.

For me its my Star B. Its finicky with certain ammo and while it looks great and is a nice addition to my collection, its failed quite a few times. Could be the feed ramp needs polishing, I don't know, but I'd hate to have it as my go to for defense.

Para Ord P-13, broke its frame in less then 50 rounds of WWB within a half hour of me buying it brand new. Took over 6 months to get a replacement. I sold it as soon as I got it. I was young and stupid back then and did not realize what an absolute piece of crap para makes.YMMV

Ruger mini-30 jammed trigger assy fell out after several shots I bent it tighter so when you locked it in it was really tight still fell out traded for my bushmaster AR 15 which I love also just got a para p-12 and it fires perfectly it was used too.

Ruger mini-30 jammed trigger assy fell out after several shots I bent it tighter so when you locked it in it was really tight still fell out traded for my bushmaster AR 15 which I love also just got a para p-12 and it fires perfectly it was used too.

Dude... I found your missing punctuation marks. Feel free to USE THEM!!

punctuation-marks.jpg

Back
Top Bottom