The most unreliable gun you've shot

This thread is really interesting. It's funny how one person can have an amazing experience with a firearm and another can call it the most unreliable gun you've shot. I would say sig mosquito and I love my sigs. switched to a better ammo and reliability stepped up greatly. It's gone now that I've got my ruger sr22. This is amazingly reliable and fun to shoot.

My JC Higgins Model 31. Made the mistake of using cheapo .22LR. Gunked everything up. It now has a date with a bottle of Hoppes #9.

Had to pry rounds out with my car keys on a few occasions...and then the key bent...like salt in the wound...

Dude... I found your missing punctuation marks. Feel free to USE THEM!!

punctuation-marks.jpg

Beat me to it!

Worst by far - Ruger P89.

Quick runner up - Olympic Arms PCR - it was my friend's rifle and admittedly, I have my doubts as to whether or not he'd EVER cleaned it, but FTFs, stovepipes and one hangfire - which was probably due to bad ammo, but still.

People knock on Oly Arms quite a bit, but I have two and they're all around great guns.

Unfortunately... Butt Stock Number 1-2B; SN 232864 if I remember correctly (I may be merging mine with it's). She was the SAW that just wouldn't go, three rebuilds, four head spacings... an infinate amount of field repairs but this MG just wouldn't go for more than three rounds at a time. My friends still at base tell me it's still in the armory, still with the same buttstock number... still not shooting more than three rounds at a time. The armorer is going to dead line it once they get slated for deployment though. 16.41 lbs paper weight!

My M16 during basic. Perfect on semi auto but on burst it was two rounds and a jam. SPORTS every time.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

H&R M16A1 issued by my unit that dated back to the Vietnam. The thing was in rough shape and hadn't been cleaned i years. It would jam on every second round. After cleaning it I could get it to fire on full auto, but on semi I'd get 2-3 rounds out of it.

We were playing OPFOR against armored convoys for our ATs so it worked.

Browning Buckmark. I tried every brand/type of .22 and couldn't find a single thing that ran through it properly. I never got through a single 10 round magazine without a stovepipe.

My M16 during basic. Perfect on semi auto but on burst it was two rounds and a jam. SPORTS every time.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

Burst in bootcamp? With live ammo or a BFA?

a few weeks ago i fired a co-worker's brand new Ruger SR9. neither of us could get through one 10 round mag without at least 2 failure to fires. gun is currently @ Ruger for warranty repairs.

My S & W Model 1000 semi auto shotgun is the most unreliable I've shot. Having some problems with failure to eject every shot when shooting trap loads.

Sterling .22LR

absolute POS.....I turned it in at a Taunton PD. 'gun buy back', back in 1995, got $100 for it...which was awesome as I only paid $85 for it!
A reporter for the Taunton Gazette asked me if I felt safer, getting that gun off the street??
"Are you kidding me???? It was a POS, I'm taking the $100 and putting it down on a new Glock!"

Walther P22. It usually fails to eject every 5th round or so. No way in hell I'd rely on it for anything remotely serious.

Back
Top Bottom