• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New firearms attorney

The ironic part of this whole "would I use Guida or not" conversation is that it's totally irrelevant to most of us. The vast majority of us have our LTCs and are highly unlikely to ever need the services of an attorney to get or keep our LTC.

Hopefully Jason will be along shortly so he can get banned too. Lawyers don't last long around here. [laugh]

Not necessarily true. When Darius (Cross-X) was still with us, he posted here on occasion and had no issues at all. Same thing with Joe Hickson (who I don't think is doing firearms law anymore, though). Both were proof positive you can be in that profession and survive on NES. [laugh]

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

The ironic part of this whole "would I use Guida or not" conversation is that it's totally irrelevant to most of us. The vast majority of us have our LTCs and are highly unlikely to ever need the services of an attorney to get or keep our LTC.

There are plenty of people fleeing MA that might want to use him to avoid getting a restricted nonres, or people who (rather stupidly, I might add) migrate into anti towns and face the renewal hammer of restriction fun....

-Mike

Not necessarily true. When Darius (Cross-X) was still with us, he posted here on occasion and had no issues at all. Same thing with Joe Hickson (who I don't think is doing firearms law anymore, though). Both were proof positive you can be in that profession and survive on NES. [laugh]

they were good guys, darius especially. the first time i met him he was playing with a bullpup bastardized AK. it was an AK at least so i knew he was a winner. R.I.P. dude.

Same thing with Joe Hickson (who I don't think is doing firearms law anymore, though).

That's unfortunate, if accurate. What with Joe being the attorney on a case in which a Massachusetts gun control law was struck down as unconstitutional by a federal court. (Man, it's been 7 months, and that still has not gotten old.)

That's unfortunate, if accurate. What with Joe being the attorney on a case in which a Massachusetts gun control law was struck down as unconstitutional by a federal court. (Man, it's been 7 months, and that still has not gotten old.)

Yeah, it's official by now. It's odd because it seems so long ago because we have known for the better part of a year but we kept it under wraps for a variety of reasons. But he went corporate. Works for some hi-tech .com.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

There are plenty of people fleeing MA that might want to use him to avoid getting a restricted nonres, or people who (rather stupidly, I might add) migrate into anti towns and face the renewal hammer of restriction fun....

-Mike

You mean Darius and Joe weren't "drummed out like 99% of the LEO's"? Say it isn't so!

tumblr_lbrz5ep3Ze1qbih58.jpg

[QUOTE
My advice to the Guida polishers, let him make his own introduction (whether on NES or by some other means) you two definitely aren't doing him any favors.

-Mike[/QUOTE]

Got it. Standing down.

Hopefully Jason will be along shortly so he can get banned too. Lawyers don't last long around here. [laugh]

I'm coming up on 2 years. *crossing fingers* I'm eligible to waive into the MA Bar, but it is kind of nice when friends ask for free legal advice to say, "Sorry, I'm not licensed in MA." [grin]

Yeah, it's official by now. It's odd because it seems so long ago because we have known for the better part of a year but we kept it under wraps for a variety of reasons. But he went corporate. Works for some hi-tech .com.

We need good firearms attorneys, but I can't blame him. Good pay, decent hours, tech culture (I wear shorts to work nearly every day during the warmer months), one client, and not having to drum up new clients is all very alluring after working for a firm or being a solo practitioner.

We need good firearms attorneys, but I can't blame him. Good pay, decent hours, tech culture (I wear shorts to work nearly every day during the warmer months), one client, and not having to drum up new clients is all very alluring after working for a firm or being a solo practitioner.

As is being the one who calls outside counsel to ruin their weekend plans instead of the one getting the call.

I mentioned this thread to my girlfriend(an attorney) last night, saying that it was split between people who said they'd hire him and those who said screw that guy. Her instant response was, oh no, you always hire the one who changed sides, they know all the dirt.

I mentioned this thread to my girlfriend(an attorney) last night, saying that it was split between people who said they'd hire him and those who said screw that guy. Her instant response was, oh no, you always hire the one who changed sides, they know all the dirt.
That's what I was saying... to hell with "oh but he put us in this place...."

He knows the game. You don't play the game, you lose the game.

After reading the Tite Group thread, I wonder if Mr Guida would be an appropriate resource to assist if needed?

I looked through that thread and didn't see anything describing the nature of the legal issues. If they are federal ATF issues, then perhaps someone experienced in that realm would be most appropriate. I have no idea whether counselor Guida has experience in that area or not.

I looked through that thread and didn't see anything describing the nature of the legal issues. If they are federal ATF issues, then perhaps someone experienced in that realm would be most appropriate. I have no idea whether counselor Guida has experience in that area or not.
Or, given the timing, a conflict precluding his involvement?

That's been covered. Read the whole thread. Page is not up and running yet. It just has all the important info on it I guess.

Site is "live" now.

Some interesting services listed under the "practice areas" link.

He states that he has conducted seminars and training for the MCOPA and BATF.

No other helpful details given if that's to mean he gives guidance with regard to MA firearms laws only, or if he's well versed in Federal laws also.

I guess at a minimum... he has some contacts/people to call in the BATF.

Jason was running seminars for the PDs on how to use MIRCS, also apparently on MA gun laws (current interpretations by EOPS and AG), etc. He was a presenter at the FFL seminar run in Worcester a few months ago as well.

Poor OP was just trying to provide us with what he thought was a valuable resource.

Believe me, the OP is not naive, and there was a bit of sarcasm in his post, at least to those of us who know what he is about.

I am reserving judgement on Mr. Guida, and I'm guessing he is, as well. We'll all have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom