• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New firearms attorney

If he's read this thread (which I'm sure he probably has by now), he's most likely having second thoughts and thinking "if getting involved with the firearms community wasn't such a great idea after all... maybe I should have specialized in divorce, alimony and child custody cases? At least there's a lot less anger".

Or even just stayed at FLRB.

If Jason intentionally made the rules tough or ambiguous just to then leave and make money years later , well, then he's an ass and deserves to fail.

I highly doubt that's the case. And, given that we have a few good attorneys on our side, but not enough, then I heartily welcome another soldier.

Even if he only represents individual clients and never even donates to Comm2A, it's one more guy who fights the system. Hopefully he'll do more than that though.

Rangoon is not Jason. It's just a fan of Jason. Just read back the thread. Someone assumed it was him and it took off from there. It's pretty silly. I think Jason will come out and speak for himself.

If it is him and he's here for the right reasons, I'll buy it. Membership is on me. However I really doubt it's him and it's someone trolling. I think Jason would have posted a more articulated intro. And Rangoon hasn't said, "Hi I'm Jason"

I'm not Guida! Just a friend. And in my humble opinion he is the best firearms attorney in Massachusetts.

I'm not Guida! Just a friend. And in my humble opinion he is the best firearms attorney in Massachusetts.

He's certainly the most connected firearms attorney in MA, but I wouldn't call him the "best" at this point. His knowledge of firearms is very shallow while his knowledge of the words in the firearms laws is very deep. I like Jason as a person and FTF/phone he comes across as a true professional when we leave aside our major differences (and some are huge). He needs to work on his firearms knowledge to fill in that gap IMNSHO. I expect him to become a very effective attorney in this space.

He's certainly the most connected firearms attorney in MA, but I wouldn't call him the "best" at this point. His knowledge of firearms is very shallow while his knowledge of the words in the firearms laws is very deep. I like Jason as a person and FTF/phone he comes across as a true professional when we leave aside our major differences (and some are huge). He needs to work on his firearms knowledge to fill in that gap IMNSHO. I expect him to become a very effective attorney in this space.

I agree with LenS. Once he gets out to the range a few times, at that point we may call him the best.[grin] I think I speak for a great many here on NES that Jason will be our #1.

Of course, part of it (which is the big "IF" ) is how much of his behavior is him and how much of it is a dog and pony/smoke show he had to put on when he was running CJIS? Only he really knows that. Many here won't trust him further than they can throw his business card (and with good reason) until he starts developing some sort of a track record/rapport with clients.

-Mike

If it is him and he's here for the right reasons, I'll buy it. Membership is on me. However I really doubt it's him and it's someone trolling. I think Jason would have posted a more articulated intro. And Rangoon hasn't said, "Hi I'm Jason"

It's not him, for whatever (very large!) differences I have with the guy, I get the impression that he's not terminally stupid to the extent that he would act like these two while trying to shill himself on an internet forum. [laugh]

ETA: My advice to the Guida polishers, let him make his own introduction (whether on NES or by some other means) you two definitely aren't doing him any favors.

-Mike

Of course, part of it (which is the big "IF" ) is how much of his behavior is him and how much of it is a dog and pony/smoke show he had to put on when he was running CJIS? Only he really knows that. Many here won't trust him further than they can throw his business card (and with good reason) until he starts developing some sort of a track record/rapport with clients.

Agreed, but as economist said:

Enforcing immoral and unjust law is a moral failing. Whether doing so is the result of a desire to make money, a necessity of following orders, or indifference to the consequences is immaterial to the nature of the act.

I'm sure he's a nice guy. I'm pretty sure he'll be a good licensing attorney. I'm not at all sure he's a 2A supporter.

Look, you have to judge people by the fruit they produce. Mr. Guida has worked against 2A for quite a while, and he's been paid by our taxes to do it. I want to know what he believes before I'm on the bandwagon. He needs to prove himself.

Agreed, but as economist said:

Enforcing immoral and unjust law is a moral failing. Whether doing so is the result of a desire to make money, a necessity of following orders, or indifference to the consequences is immaterial to the nature of the act.

I'm sure he's a nice guy. I'm pretty sure he'll be a good licensing attorney. I'm not at all sure he's a 2A supporter.

Look, you have to judge people by the fruit they produce. Mr. Guida has worked against 2A for quite a while, and he's been paid by our taxes to do it. I want to know what he believes before I'm on the bandwagon. He needs to prove himself.

That's what I was getting at, more or less... he's got a pretty big hole he has to dig himself out of.

-Mike

Mr. Guida has worked against 2A for quite a while, and he's been paid by our taxes to do it. I want to know what he believes before I'm on the bandwagon. He needs to prove himself.
Think pragmatically for a moment, if he's effective, his personal beliefs are completely irrelevant. IF he CAN better and more positively navigate the maze he CREATED, then his beliefs are simply irrelevant.

He's a mercenary. He's following the money, and the my friends, is the essence of capitalism unfettered. If he can get you what you want for a price you can (marginally) afford, who cares if he has bill of rights toilet paper.

- - - Updated - - -

How can you be the best at something when you haven't even had a client on the other side of the MA oppression yet?

That's a fair point too. He can says he's the baddest dude around, but until he flops it out on the table, it's all just pillow talk.

ETA: My advice to the Guida polishers, let him make his own introduction (whether on NES or by some other means) you two definitely aren't doing him any favors.

-Mike

This.

- - - Updated - - -

How can you be the best at something when you haven't even had a client on the other side of the MA oppression yet?

Also this.

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason, a few people on here have their heads shoved up his arse, and I am not sure why. What has he done for any one of us to talk so highly of the douchebag?

I will actually wait to see what he does to help me, or help anyone else in this state, before I bend over and take it some more. We all get bent over enough just for breathing. GMAFB.

That's too bad. I'll deal with the best first, and get the biggest bang for my buck.

ETA - not saying he's the best, I don't know, just in a hypothetical situation.

His experience working for the state may give him an advantage when helping people obtain a license that they have been denied, but I think if you found yourself needing an attorney after using a firearm that Mr. Cohen and Mr. Langer would be much more experienced.

His experience working for the state may give him an advantage when helping people obtain a license that they have been denied, but I think if you found yourself needing an attorney after using a firearm that Mr. Cohen and Mr. Langer would be much more experienced.

THIS

As much as I respect both Jesse's and Keith's ability to work with chiefs to get their clients LTCs, I'm not at all sure that either is the best solution for an "I was involved in a SD shooting" scenario. It's a very different skill set and I'm not personally aware that either one has ever defended a client in a case like that.

Another thought about Jason . . .

The pronouncement that LEOs were NOT to be allowed to carry large-cap mags off-duty and should leave all such mags at the PD at the end of each shift, plus can't own their own spare mags went over like a lead balloon and pissed off a lot of "boots on the ground" officers. MCOPA was happy as a clam because they "negotiated" a deal whereby an officer could carry their ISSUED (only) large-cap mags IFF the chief gave them a letter authorizing them to do so. Sounds good on the surface but as drgrant would say "it's made of unobtanium"" . . . most chiefs will not give out any letters to their officers just like they won't give out a signed letter to a LTC holder in their town specifying what their restriction means in plain language!

Therefore, when it comes to FTF negotiating with a chief/LO for a change of restriction or on a suitability issue, I'm not sure that Jason will get a "warm reception" from many local PDs in MA! Just something to think about. . .

In a courtroom arguing a case for a client, whether Jason's interpretations of law are correct or not [wink], I do think he could make some very convincing arguments.

As much as I respect both Jesse's and Keith's ability to work with chiefs to get their clients LTCs, I'm not at all sure that either is the best solution for an "I was involved in a SD shooting" scenario.
You'd probably want a major league player with lots of felony trial experience like Reddington, assuming you could afford him.

You'd probably want a major league player with lots of felony trial experience like Reddington, assuming you could afford him.

That's who is on my cell phone and who I advocate for in those cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully Jason will be along shortly so he can get banned too. Lawyers don't last long around here. [laugh]

Sadly a very true statement.

Reddington is programmed in my cell phone. I hope I never have to call him.

Several years back, Reddington and another defense attorney were panelists at a seminar put on by AWARE. Both said that they charged $100k for defense against a murder charge, which actually represents a discount from their hourly rate. That doesn't includes the cost for expert witnesses, private investigators, etc.

Back
Top Bottom