New firearms attorney

call me a skeptic, but Ive been on his site today and nothing actually works on the site. none of the links do anything, other than listening to his commercial. Does anyone know if this is trully his site, or someone who bought the domain and is posting.

seems strange i would imagine a lawyer would make sure that his web designer has his site, looking and working properly. When it comes to matters of dealing with court, law and peoples hard earned money, a shaky looking web page doesnt make you feel confident.

Does anyone know for certain that this is a real web page? Im going to try calling the number tomorrow. I have some questions for myself.

call me a skeptic, but Ive been on his site today and nothing actually works on the site. none of the links do anything, other than listening to his commercial. Does anyone know if this is trully his site, or someone who bought the domain and is posting.

seems strange i would imagine a lawyer would make sure that his web designer has his site, looking and working properly. When it comes to matters of dealing with court, law and peoples hard earned money, a shaky looking web page doesnt make you feel confident.

Does anyone know for certain that this is a real web page? Im going to try calling the number tomorrow. I have some questions for myself.

I have direct knowledge that the new Guida Law practice in firearms law is real. Trust me on this one.

As I mentioned earlier, the web page uses conventional HMTL in a rather bizarre way. As someone who has done my share of hackery to get something done by a hard deadline, my guess is the web site was one of several things that had to converge (things like setting up an independent law office, giving proper notice to current employer, etc.) it is quite possible that the techie got a bit behind (gee, anyone heard of schedule slippage on software projects?) and this was the result of a quick push to meet a deadline.

And anyone can Neg me for this statement but here is my honest opinion. As someone who has met Jason in real life in a professional setting, he's not a dick. He was very polite and kind to me so I have no reason to hate him. As Rob said, as an attorney he was doing his job in the scope of the law. We don't know how much of a role he played in anything and more importantly we don't know how much of a scapegoat he was made out of during his time as director by higher ups with an interest in anti-gun policies.

I bet there are some people in the past here who have bashed him and don't know the half of it. Hell, I don't know the half of it either but from my experience and common sense, we could really use him on our side and I for one hope he joins NES and you all give him a chance to let him show what he can do to help us without jumping on a baseless hate train with pitchforks and Torches trying to drive him out of here without a god dam clue. I'll even buy him a Green Membership. The knowledge this guy has on the inner workings of the state around firearms law is worth more than anything 99% of this forum could attribute to getting our rights back in this communist shit hole so I HOPE you all welcome him if and when he comes around.

I don't get all the hatred for the guy (not saying I trust him either. I'm just sitting on the fence at this point and I'm willing to give him the benefit of a doubt until more info comes forward.).

Other than the FA-10 (which never should exist to begin with, but that's not his call), crap, the FRB has zero say in gun control legislation, enforcement or prosecution.

They keep records/archives... that's it!

At worst, it's an ineffective, overburdened/under budgeted example of MA bureaucracy.

The FRB/Guida didn't deny you that LTC... your CLEO did.

The FRB/Guida didn't ban or disapprove of certain firearms and magazines... your legislature did.

The FRB/Guida didn't go after/threaten to prosecute online firearms accessories and ammo dealers... your AG's office did.

The impression I get... is that he was just another bureaucratic/gubbermint drone taking orders from above, and/or when his budget is cut, they leave him with having to deal with the problem.

For the time being... I'm looking at him more as an asset rater than a liability.

And anyone can Neg me for this statement but here is my honest opinion. As someone who has met Jason in real life in a professional setting, he's not a dick. He was very polite and kind to me so I have no reason to hate him.
Same here, some of his legal answers were evasive, but I long since wrote that off to "representing his client." He was professional and straightforward to deal with.

For the time being... I'm looking at him more as an asset rater than a liability.
Not only that, but I suspect we will have bigger fish to fry with his replacement.

Moreover, if people want to dig into conflicts of interest, ethical violations and waste, I strongly encourage them to go after those still operating within state government. I am sure there is more to be found given past examples.

This has already been answered. It's legit. And given your case in Everett I would call him tomorrow not to see if it's real but about representation as I'm sure as shit he's the guy that can speed things up.

Ok, must have missed the discussion about the websites build, and yes as i stated im going to call today to see if it was real, and because i have some questions.

Andre

Guess I forgot that part. Let me reiterate:

I think we need to focus on getting him on our side and have him help us go in dry on Mass gun laws rather than investigate his previous doings. If you want to spend your time investigating how he spent his time as Director than go for it. I'd rather have mine spent getting him as an asset to help us out.

I fully agree.

And anyone can Neg me for this statement but here is my honest opinion. As someone who has met Jason in real life in a professional setting, he's not a dick. He was very polite and kind to me so I have no reason to hate him. As Rob said, as an attorney he was doing his job in the scope of the law. We don't know how much of a role he played in anything and more importantly we don't know how much of a scapegoat he was made out of during his time as director by higher ups with an interest in anti-gun policies.

I bet there are some people in the past here who have bashed him and don't know the half of it. Hell, I don't know the half of it either but from my experience and common sense, we could really use him on our side and I for one hope he joins NES and you all give him a chance to let him show what he can do to help us without jumping on a baseless hate train with pitchforks and Torches trying to drive him out of here without a god dam clue. I'll even buy him a Green Membership. The knowledge this guy has on the inner workings of the state around firearms law is worth more than anything 99% of this forum could attribute to getting our rights back in this communist shit hole so I HOPE you all welcome him if and when he comes around.

Sorry to say the system won't let me give you more +1 rep for that post until I spread some more around!

I've dealt with Jason numerous times FTF, via telephone and via Email and always found him to be a personally likable human being. We've butted heads a few times on some issues, but always in a respectable way.

His title may have sounded impressive but I am certain that in the state scheme of things, he was basically a first level supervisor with no power to change the way things worked or were done . . . just s soldier in the Devil's army.

Having been on this forum since it began, I'm afraid that it wouldn't be a good idea for him to join us here. The hatred would drive him away just like it has to 99% of all the LEOs who joined and ID'd themselves as such (including a Mod who is a truly good guy and a good friend). There are a couple of people on NES who have spewed hatred towards me because I worked as a PT PO for many years . . . ironically there were a few FT POs that I worked with who spewed hatred on me (and other PT'rs) because we weren't FT POs and thus don't count . . . until they wanted time off to attend fellow POs' wedding, get Christmas off (one Christmas there was only 1 FT PO on duty, all the rest of us were PT POs on the 1600-0000 shift) or the policeman's ball and wanted coverage so that they could go instead of being stuck working . . . so I'm used to it. Meanwhile, my support for the 2A has never wavered since before I joined the PD and I learned some things and contacts from the inside which have been helpful in getting info and knowing how they work/think over the years. Jason's experience can be invaluable to us if focused correctly.

This has already been answered. It's legit. And given your case in Everett I would call him tomorrow not to see if it's real but about representation as I'm sure as shit he's the guy that can speed things up.

I knew of Jason's departure a couple of weeks ago and I spent ~ 1 hour on the phone with him a week ago. He explained that he quickly threw up a webpage and it was a work in progress with nothing really on it at that time. I'm not sure that he really could do anything in this case, but I doubt that he's very happy with the way Andre has been treated to date!

I don't get all the hatred for the guy (not saying I trust him either. I'm just sitting on the fence at this point and I'm willing to give him the benefit of a doubt until more info comes forward.).

Other than the FA-10 (which never should exist to begin with, but that's not his call), crap, the FRB has zero say in gun control legislation, enforcement or prosecution.

They keep records/archives... that's it!

At worst, it's an ineffective, overburdened/under budgeted example of MA bureaucracy.

The FRB/Guida didn't deny you that LTC... your CLEO did.

The FRB/Guida didn't ban or disapprove of certain firearms and magazines... your legislature did.

The FRB/Guida didn't go after/threaten to prosecute online firearms accessories and ammo dealers... your AG's office did.

The impression I get... is that he was just another bureaucratic/gubbermint drone taking orders from above, and/or when his budget is cut, they leave him with having to deal with the problem.

Absolutely true and excellent analysis.

I would hire him if he could get me the outcome I needed. He's a lawyer, not a drinking buddy.

IMO, I think a pro gun group or person should interview him and ask some tough question on how he plans to help the gun owners of this state. Maybe his responses can be published in the GOAL Weekly News.

I'm sure he will represent his clients, but will he now support the gun owners.

this sure is an interesting development. never would have seen this coming in a million years. if homeboy is putting his own money into this and really will fight for his client(s)... what's the problem? if he can cash in and can perform a good service with inside knowledge of how the legal BS in this state really works--how could this be a bad thing?

I fully agree.

Sorry to say the system won't let me give you more +1 rep for that post until I spread some more around!

I've dealt with Jason numerous times FTF, via telephone and via Email and always found him to be a personally likable human being. We've butted heads a few times on some issues, but always in a respectable way.

His title may have sounded impressive but I am certain that in the state scheme of things, he was basically a first level supervisor with no power to change the way things worked or were done . . . just s soldier in the Devil's army.

Having been on this forum since it began, I'm afraid that it wouldn't be a good idea for him to join us here. The hatred would drive him away just like it has to 99% of all the LEOs who joined and ID'd themselves as such (including a Mod who is a truly good guy and a good friend). There are a couple of people on NES who have spewed hatred towards me because I worked as a PT PO for many years . . . ironically there were a few FT POs that I worked with who spewed hatred on me (and other PT'rs) because we weren't FT POs and thus don't count . . . until they wanted time off to attend fellow POs' wedding, get Christmas off (one Christmas there was only 1 FT PO on duty, all the rest of us were PT POs on the 1600-0000 shift) or the policeman's ball and wanted coverage so that they could go instead of being stuck working . . . so I'm used to it. Meanwhile, my support for the 2A has never wavered since before I joined the PD and I learned some things and contacts from the inside which have been helpful in getting info and knowing how they work/think over the years. Jason's experience can be invaluable to us if focused correctly.

I knew of Jason's departure a couple of weeks ago and I spent ~ 1 hour on the phone with him a week ago. He explained that he quickly threw up a webpage and it was a work in progress with nothing really on it at that time. I'm not sure that he really could do anything in this case, but I doubt that he's very happy with the way Andre has been treated to date!

Absolutely true and excellent analysis.

Yea my questions wouldnt be about his site, more about my matter, and what he thinks. I dont want to talk to much about it here.

Andre

IMO, I think a pro gun group or person should interview him and ask some tough question on how he plans to help the gun owners of this state. Maybe his responses can be published in the GOAL Weekly News.

I'm sure he will represent his clients, but will he now support the gun owners.

I would take this in a slightly different direction. In the private sector, when someone moves from one company to the competition it is common to grill them immediately to get whatever intel you can on their former employer. Perhaps someone from Comm2A should be picking his brain to find where the bodies are buried.

I'm all for someone making money at what they do. I'm also for getting everyone involved in restricting the 2nd amendment put into a jail cell.

I would take this in a slightly different direction. In the private sector, when someone moves from one company to the competition it is common to grill them immediately to get whatever intel you can on their former employer. Perhaps someone from Comm2A should be picking his brain to find where the bodies are buried.
IF he had any dirt, then it is best used quietly, the value of information decays exponentially with dissemination.

As he is an attorney, I am also reasonably sure he will already understand EddieCoyle's sage advice:

No one ever got hurt keeping their mouth shut.

I would not expect him to be by forthcoming nor blame him. Actions will speak louder than words. If he is working to nature that people denied or revoked get their licenses and due process, then there is little value to me in pissing and moaning about the past and as I mentioned there are far bigger fish to fry.

Farmer Joe was plowing his field one afternoon when the county sheriff drove up his long, dusty, rural road.

Joe stops the tractor and goes over to chat with him.

Sheriff Haskill starts off by saying a busload of lawyers heading to a lawyer convention in a nearby city had never made it their destination, and had Joe seen the bus, by any chance?

Joe looks sad and said, "They sure did come through here, 'bout a week ago. They crashed into the ravine over yonder. I buried them nearby. I figured I ride into town and notify you once this planting is done."

The Sheriff crosses his heart and asked, "They were ALL dead?"

Joe replied, "Well, some of them claimed they wasn't dead, but you know how lawyers lie."

Put me in the column of "I won't trust him for a LONG time."

ETA: As Dr. Grant seems to say in the post after this one: "Trust is earned, not given for free."

Last edited:
And anyone can Neg me for this statement but here is my honest opinion. As someone who has met Jason in real life in a professional setting, he's not a dick. He was very polite and kind to me so I have no reason to hate him.

He's always acted "professionally" in person, at hearings, etc- and certainly with people that he feared could cause him problems. That doesn't mean that when the curtains were closed he wasn't out stabbing people in the back, or let's just say, at a minimum, the machine was asking him to do that, and he seemed to not have any hesitation in doing so. The FA-10 thing was just the tip of the iceberg.... some guy goes into FRB to get a few forms and he basically tells them to **** off? (not in those words, but might as well have been, given the context). Then there are all the people he lied to about restrictions on nonres licenses, etc. (Of course one missing link in all this, is I'm not sure who actually approves the licenses; he might just have been the lackey assigned to interface with the person who actually approved them- there were plenty of other people above him at FRB/CJIS. ) There are other things I know about what he's done that I can't write about in public. Let's just put it this way- I've heard some heinous shit involving the way that CJIS interfaced with dealers, and Guida was always at the other end of it. That having been said, there was some odd behavior on his part that made me believe he wasn't as bad as he appeared, as some things could have been worse than what he did- it's almost like he stopped himself from going FR on a few occasions.

If he comes on here I won't jump down his throat but I'm not going to roll out a red carpet, either, at least not until he proves himself... I'll just leave it at that. If his intentions are genuine, and he's actually smarter than he made himself look when he was with CJIS, it might be good for the community to have another player on its side.

-Mike

If he comes on here I won't jump down his throat but I'm not going to roll out a red carpet, either, at least not until he proves himself... I'll just leave it at that. If his intentions are genuine, and he's actually smarter than he made himself look when he was with CJIS, it might be good for the community to have another player on its side.

I would just ask what is to be gained by getting angry at him at this point?

He is an outsider now.

Legislatively and WRT civil rights, criminal justice (and really anything Bacon Hill touches) this state is a failboat too large to fit through the locks in panama. First we has to get people to stop just bitching from their couch. Second we need to focus our energies on productive things.

I'm not going to neg rep anyone for politely or even forcefully stating their opinion, as you have. I've been wrong before and often tend to think the worst of people. So thank you for the correction. I haven't met Jason Guida and perhaps I've misplaced my resentment against these laws and Deval's administration upon him.

It is true that the FRB didn't deny most people licenses. However, were they not directly responsible for issuing restricted licenses to non-residents? Were those policies decided at the FRB or was the decision made above them? If I recall correctly, there are some non-residents who felt that the FRB misled them during their interviews, suggesting that they would get unrestricted licenses and then they ended up with restricted licenses.

It is my understanding that there have been a number of legal opinions that came out of the FRB that are, shall we say, curious. Please correct me if I misremember and/or misstate them:

- Merely touching a machine gun is possessing it, which is a felony.
- A police officer can not possess a post-ban large capacity magazine while off duty, including his duty magazines.
- Once a post-ban assault weapon always a post-ban assault weapon -- neutering it (i.e., removing flash suppressor and/or collapsing stock) doesn't make it compliant.

I am most curious to know whether Mr. Guida believes these interpretations or whether they were imposed upon him by his superiors. But I doubt he will comment on that.

And then there is the whole FA-10 fiasco.

Put that all together and I have a healthy skepticism.

Last edited:
I would just ask what is to be gained by getting angry at him at this point?

True enough, but my point was basically it is going to be difficult for people to trust him. On the other hand, if he was a hard core anti or something, I find it hard to believe he would go into this area of law on purpose. Maybe in between battling and interfacing with other pro RKBA attorneys he learned that he was on the wrong side of the fence.

I'll be impressed when/if he goes to bat for dealers against his successor, that would be ironic. [laugh]

-Mike

I think Ron Glidden was responsible for the once a post ban always a post ban comment

You may be correct. But if I recall correctly, Guida supported that statement.

If I recall correctly, there was at least one letter that came out of EOPS that was not signed and that appeared to misstate the law. I don't remember if it was this issue or another and apparently no one was able to determine who was responsible for it.

You may be correct. But if I recall correctly, Guida supported that statement.

If I recall correctly, there was at least one letter that came out of EOPS that was not signed and that appeared to misstate the law. I don't remember if it was this issue or another and apparently no one was able to determine who was responsible for it.
There were multiple legally dubious statements of EOPS/CHSB which were issued, sometimes including qualifications like "it may not stand in court, but that is our interpretation."

As EC said "I would hire him in a cocaine heartbeat"

I do not know the man personally but did have a conversation with him in the past regarding pinned magazines and non residents. I called his office at the records department, left a message with who answered the phone and he called me back the following day. Spent almost a half hr on phone with him and he answered all my questions in full including what he called a grey area that could only be determined by expert testimony if it came to a court case.

I for one would hire him if a need came up for a hearing on a LTC. What his criminal defense qualifications are yet to be seen. I wonder if retaining him would speed up an application? Sent in my NR LTC in July and my interview isn't till late November. Guess I should start the renewal process when I receive the new one.

Last of all lawyers are nothing but hired guns and most have no loyalty except to dead presidents

Dave

Last edited:
There were multiple legally dubious statements of EOPS/CHSB which were issued, sometimes including qualifications like "it may not stand in court, but that is our interpretation."

I wonder if what was behind that was "Even we don't believe this crap, but the big bosses told us to say this."

Back
Top Bottom