• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New firearms attorney

not a effn chance I would use him.

He is part of the problem, not part of the solution

But he probably helped make decisions while at the FRB that will keep him in clients for years.

So... he advocates for shitty interpretations of laws, then helps you get around them? Sounds like Mass lawmakers wrt to OUI.

This is a joke right? Who on here bought that domain?

Probably the same person that sprang for the radio ad that starts out "The second amendment of the constitution is clear - the right of the people to keep an bear arms shall not be infringed. Attorney Guida ....."

Attorneys are under a professional obligation to represent the interests of their clients to the best of their ability within the constraints of the law, and Atty Guida did exactly that while working for the state. I would expect he would be equally dedicated to representing the rights of individuals who hire him to work for their gun rights. This is really not that much different from an assistant district attorney moving into private practice as a defense lawyer.

So Rob, under that theory, he got to **** us and forward the states agenda of bullshit laws and now he's looking for clients to fight for AGAINST the rulings that he solidified !?!?

Awesome. Get him working for Comm2A.

Last edited:
He will not recive my cash.. I don't doubt he would do well as a firearms attorny... But if that's not dancing with the devil I don't know what is

This is not fake.
No, it certainly is not. I guess the cat's out of the bag now.

Let me offer up a different perspective on this by channeling LBJ; "It's better to have him inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in".

Mr. Guida has a number of things going for him. He possesses a superior knowledge of Mass firearms law, particularly in the area of licensing. He knows the players in state government and the PDs, what they want and how they work. It's unusual to have someone that's positioned as well as he is to to be effective.

I'm also of the opinion that as a low-level political appointee heading up the FRB Mr. Guida probably lacked significant policy authority. That's not to say that he would have been a great friend to guns owners, but his most prominent role at FRB was administration hatchet-man and NES whipping boy.

I for one am willing to sit back and see how this plays out. It may be very interesting.

Does this mean that he is no longer employed by the state?
Correct.

I guess the cat's out of the bag now.
Radio spots on 96.9 tend to have that effect.

effective
"Effective" is what this is about. My goal in the struggle is to make things better for gun owners, not settle scores with government functionaries. In fact, one can generally be more effective dealing with the system by treating those on the other side as fellow professionals rather than making legal disputes personal ones.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Then it's surely a conflict of interest. Oh wait, this is MA. Nevermind.

I think under MA Bar ethics he would not be permitted to represent anyone who's case/application was before him when he was inside. Other than that, he is ethically permitted to do so.

In my view, his knowledge of firearms law came about the wrong way - through government employment. Govt. trained lawyers tend to see things very narrowly - that's how the government wants it be. When representing private clients, that's a bad approach to take.

Well, he should certainly know the inner workings better than anyone. However, Attorney Cohen's phone number is still the one in my cell phone and the number I have told my wife to call if, heaven forbid, I should need the advice of an attorney

Back
Top Bottom