Worcester Armory

Once again STATE HAS NO JURISDICTION ON FEDERAL PROPERTY. I know that for many that is very difficult to comprehend.

Well you didn't have to yell...

So strictly in terms of military rules and regulations, was it ok to relax security of the armory vault (because of the construction) or is somebody likely in trouble over that?

Once again STATE HAS NO JURISDICTION ON FEDERAL PROPERTY. I know that for many that is very difficult to comprehend.

It might or might not have been Federal property. I can tell you that most NG armories are on state owned property. Even some entire installations are state owned property. Up here in VT, the only installations within the Guard on Federal property are at Ethan Allen Firing Range (EAFR). The NG state HQ is on Camp Johnson in Colchester, about 13 miles away, and that's state property, not federal. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Reserve also use state owned property.

Now, how this plays out is probably already covered in existing agreements. I think the responsible parties for the security of that facility certainly have some tall explaining to do. And, I think you'll see them answering to federal authorities, not state, probably DOD authorities. Even if the facility is state owned.

Up here, the "vault" alarm in our local support maintenance shop arms repair facility is hooked to the area state police dispatcher. If that alarm gets tripped and the dispatcher isn't called right off, there will be a cruiser (or several) there pretty quick.

Mike, "vault" is the word they use. I think you'll find the facility is more than just a locked room with an alarm and less than what most of us would consider a real vault.

Mike, "vault" is the word they use. I think you'll find the facility is more than just a locked room with an alarm and less than what most of us would consider a real vault.

Yeah, I figured that.... I guess what I was driving at, is this isn't a room that's like covered with rebar enforced concrete from all sides. Anything less than that isn't a Vault it's a room with locked door on it.

Also, by sheer coincidence the guy who runs our coffee truck/roach coach at work used to sell food to this shitbird, but then he disappeared from the construction site he serviced. He said he ended up screwing him out of some money..... but this guy was apparently in construction trades at one point or another.

-Mike

It might or might not have been Federal property. I can tell you that most NG armories are on state owned property. Even some entire installations are state owned property. Up here in VT, the only installations within the Guard on Federal property are at Ethan Allen Firing Range (EAFR). The NG state HQ is on Camp Johnson in Colchester, about 13 miles away, and that's state property, not federal. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Reserve also use state owned property.

Now, how this plays out is probably already covered in existing agreements. I think the responsible parties for the security of that facility certainly have some tall explaining to do. And, I think you'll see them answering to federal authorities, not state, probably DOD authorities. Even if the facility is state owned.

Up here, the "vault" alarm in our local support maintenance shop arms repair facility is hooked to the area state police dispatcher. If that alarm gets tripped and the dispatcher isn't called right off, there will be a cruiser (or several) there pretty quick.

I believe that building is on UMass property. If I remember correctly UMass owns everything from Plantation st to Lake ave to the rear of their property line. I know that they own they building in front of the Armory

So if some poor bastard moved from NH to MA, they could just store their suppressors and standard-capacity mags in a P.O. box for the duration. Cool.

That would be a colossally dumb idea.

There are about 100 better ways to deal with those issues.

-Mike

So if some poor bastard moved from NH to MA, they could just store their suppressors and standard-capacity mags in a P.O. box for the duration. Cool.

A PO box which is open on one side to every post office worker? Not a great idea.

I'm guessing that was another sarcasm meter failure for y'all. Seems to be a lot of broken meters here over the last few days.

i covered this one in another thread. the amount of dumb shit that's been spewed (where people have actually been serious) here recently has really thrown us all for a loop.

Yeah, I figured that.... I guess what I was driving at, is this isn't a room that's like covered with rebar enforced concrete from all sides. Anything less than that isn't a Vault it's a room with locked door on it.

Some have the rebar reinforcement, some don't. It's not so much where as when the building was built, and whether that area was purposely built for weapons storage. I will say that it's generally a room with cement walls and no windows with a vault door on it, at the minimum.

That wasn't a National Guard Armory. It is a United States Army Reserve Center.

Try reading it again, especially this part below. I think you'll find I mentioned that. I went out of the way to clarify that.

I also think somebody has come up with the information as to the owner. Most of them are long term leased property.

I also think you'll find out that there's an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) that pertains to this, because there usually is. (Thanks for jogging my memory, MConnelly2)

It might or might not have been Federal property. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Reserve also use state owned property.

In the media coverage, I have seen no mention of who is in command of this center or is it a shared command of the units stationed there?

Some of stolen weapons found??? If so, someone please wake-up Mass media.

A homeless man searching for bottles in a Bronx park Friday stumbled on a duffel bag containing three military weapons stolen from a Massachusetts Army reserve center — then did the right thing by turning them over to cops, The Post has learned.

The man, who was not identified, was in Mullaly Park near Yankee Stadium when he found the black bag with one M-4 rifle and two Sig Sauer M11 9 mm pistols inside, sources said. Then he turned them over to officers.

The FBI said they were three of 16 guns — including six M-4 rifles and 10 Sig Sauer M11 9 mm pistols — swiped Sunday from the Lincoln Stoddard Center in Worcester.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/21/homeless-hero-turns-in-duffel-bag-filled-with-military-weapons/

Several weapons stolen from a Massachusetts armory have been recovered after a homeless man found them in a Bronx park Friday morning, police said.

The NYPD said the 51-year-old homeless man was collecting cans at Mullaly Park, across from Yankee Stadium, when he found a black garbage bag with three guns inside about 9 a.m. Friday. He turned the guns over to police.

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...ory-weapons-in-bronx-park-cops-say-1.11150965

Last edited:
I don't understand
1. Friday 9am, a homeless man finds and turns over to police. a duffle bag containing 3 of the 16 firearms stolen from the Worcester Army Reserve Center. The other 13 firearms have still not been recovered.
2. Later Friday afternoon. Morales appeared in Islip, New York where a judge ordered him to be returned to his home state to face weapons charges, according to the Massachusetts U.S. Attorney's office. He has been charged with unlawful possession of a machine gun, unlawful possession of stolen firearms, and theft of a government property.

Shouldn't the perp be kept down in the area where the firearms were sold or has the active investigation moved elsewhere?

Morales sideshow can wait, the weapons need to be found.

Last edited:
Shouldn't the perp be kept down in the area where the firearms were sold or has the active investigation moved elsewhere?

Morales sideshow can wait, the weapons need to be found.

They're just guns, not nukes. They'll turn up. I'm sure he's told the po everything he intends to. No reason TO keep him in New York.

OK so they got the guy but only recovered not even a 1/4 of the guns?

The way the mass media ( what little where talking about it ) I was the impression that they recovered the firearms. Am I missing something?

Jason.

The definition of the word "several" is "more than two but not many". So using the word "several" as a description for three is completely accurate.

Don't go getting all technical on me Mr Wordsmith. I just would have assumed that when they reported that several had been found it was more than three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't go getting all technical on me Mr Wordsmith. I just would have assumed that when they reported that several had been found it was more than three.

I completely don't understand your confusion. They said that they found several of the guns. Three is several.

I completely don't understand your confusion. They said that they found several of the guns. Three is several.

It's okay if you don't understand. We just have different meanings for "several". For me it's subjective based on the total. A few is three, several to me would be at least half were found. Can we move on now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom