Worcester Armory

Do you really think that the RMV database is "so sophisticated" that they can do multiple criteria searches? [rofl]

Seriously, I had a conversation with the Registrar of MV ~8 yrs ago and the software they use was so out of date that numerous things that you and I might think logical just weren't possible.

I know that in the mid-1990s their database was re-worked and the software they used was COBOL. I knew some people who were doing that work back then. No idea if anything improved since then, but seriously doubt it.

They did move from the Commodore 64 to the Apple IIE, so all is good now

Do you really think that the RMV database is "so sophisticated" that they can do multiple criteria searches? [rofl]

Seriously, I had a conversation with the Registrar of MV ~8 yrs ago and the software they use was so out of date that numerous things that you and I might think logical just weren't possible.

I know that in the mid-1990s their database was re-worked and the software they used was COBOL. I knew some people who were doing that work back then. No idea if anything improved since then, but seriously doubt it.
Sure Len. We've seen C.S.I. Miami. We know the score!

Hoover;4747609 I don't think he's the brightest.[/QUOTE said:
mm
I used to shoot with a guy who was in .gov law enforcement, his favorite saying was "he"s a criminal, of course he's stupid.".

Or maybe he works for the new AG doing another fast & furious.[wink]

A partial plate and that non common car, unless the plates were stolen, they should have a person ID'd in less than an hour. I think they have that and are watching the person to see if others are involved. With how he parked, no diguise, taking 5 hrs, etc I don't think he's the brightest.

Not sure of the timeline for improvements to the M249, but I had a break in service and when I came back it was much different. They also have several different configs with rails and adjustable stock, no more adjustable gas regulator on the front.

An NES member PM'd me saying they're now fielding the MK48. It's build off the M249 platform. I had to google it. Looks bad ass.

Well, these I saw had the rails (that was an MWO), but no collapsible stock, but there was (IIRC) the regular version and a shorty version and we had both at the same time.

As to the MK48, I'd wager it was more off the M240 platform, seeing that it's a 308. I did see something that also mentioned the MK46 (223) and said that was off the M249, but using the M240 makes more sense. And, yes, the M249 is pretty much a scaled down M240. The M249 is a variant of the FM Minimi, the M240 is a variant of the FN MAG.

You're not missing a thing. Just another TEOTWAWKI moron breathlessly writing about how, OMFG!!!, that armory is JUST DOWN THE STREET FROM A MOSQUE AND THE PARIS ATTACK JUST HAPPENED SO IT MUST BE RELATED!!!!

Don't waste your time trying to find it.

I too think that one is probably just coincidence. Probably just another "chicken little" that is freaking out, yet has no clue what to really do about it. Something tells me the perps here weren't Muslims, and the feds know exactly who they are. I bet they get busted as part of a larger bust, or get flipped on people higher up the food chain. I say feds, because this was federal property (the firearms) and at least the DOD is going to look into it.

If that's the case, somebody has some serious explaining to do.

IIRC, they can find them financially liable for the loss too. And, since it's arms, it doesn't stop at 1 month's base pay.

Yeah, but if it was the police, they would not be financially liable, yes? No?

i saw it in drudge first. He gets more page views than the networks get.

And a mosque and a Muslim school down the street.

The "projects" of Worcester (Great Brook Valley) are closer than that place.

They took M9s right? Gotta be gangbangers lol, even terrorists know not to take M9s!

The news said M11.

Yeah, but if it was the police, they would not be financially liable, yes? No?

I refer to the Supply Sergeant and Training/Readiness NCO that work there.

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/p735_5.pdf

c. Culpability.
Before a person can be held financially liable, the findings must show that he or she, through
negligence or willful misconduct, violated a particular duty involving the care for the property. Whether the person’s
actions or omissions constitute negligence depends on the circumstances of each case. Negligence under some
circumstances may not reflect negligence under other circumstances. Therefore, consider fully the following factors
when determining the reasonableness of a person’s conduct:
(1) The person’s age, experience, physical condition, and special qualifications.
(2) The type of responsibility the person(s) had toward the property.
(3) The type and nature of the property.
(4) The nature, complexity, level of danger, or urgency of the ongoing activity at the time of the loss.
(5) The adequacy of supervisory measures or guidance for property control.
(6) The feasibility of maintaining close supervision over the property given the complexity of the organization or
activity supervised.
(7) The extent supervision could have influenced the situation considering pressing duties or the lack of qualified
assistants.

I have faith they've improved. [laugh]

Yeah RMV is still green screen mainframe tech.

Yeah RMV is still green screen mainframe tech.

We can absolutely run partial plates, and vehicle types and colors etc. Im sure they are already sniffing around someone by now. Im lucky, they took my abacus and TRS-80 computer away like a week ago, so I can play angry birds now at work!!!

I wonder if the original plan was a larger theft? Were there more weapons there for the taking? Was he taking so long because he was expecting more accomplices with vehicles to arrive. Maybe re-checking vehicle stops and breakdowns from that night might generate a lead.

I would think a one-man operation even by a pro would have had at least a look-out outside of the facility. Or maybe instead he setup a wireless camera and checked it during the robbery and waited for the area to be clear for each weapon transport to his car. [thinking] We need Banacek back.

They arrested a guy in Long Island.******
person is in custody for breaking into a US armory in Worcester this weekend and stealing 16 weapons, federal officials said Thursday.

He was identified as James Walker Morales.

The 34-year-old was taken into custody by Nassau County Police Wednesday night in on Long Island near a BJ’s Wholesale store, officials said.

The arrest of the man linked to the theft of military grade weaponry led Nassau Police to evacuate a nearby movie theater while a K-9 dog searched the theater, officials said.

No connection to the armory suspect was found, officials said.http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...rmory-break/SoaQ6l0hnDmPXDLmmFSk1I/story.html

The new system is very powerful and partial plate and other incomplete search criteria are not an issue anymore.

His not being a foreign national means nothing to me. It could still be either a theft, an attempt at firearms trafficking, or terrorism. Many of the recent terrorism arrests have been US Citizens. I don't see that as definitive. Terrorists are likely to use traditional criminal methods to obtain weapons and materials. I have no doubt they would enlist the assistance of third parties in obtaining weapons.

I think a crime of opportunity. He went there on the 12th, saw that the place might have been under construction or the alarm procedure was messed up and took advantage of it.

I don't know if they'll have the evidence to convict [rofl]

You knew he was an idiot just from the car he used (is own and an uncommon one [laugh]), he parked right out in the open, he didn't have a disguise, spent 5 hrs there, etc. He didn't even have the sense to cut the ankle bracelet off and leave it home? [laugh2].

Back
Top Bottom