Worcester Armory

I think the Boston FBI will recover the art stolen in 1990 from the Isabella Stewart museum before they recover these firearms.

So.. question.. when guns are stolen from the army.. they are "Semi auto"? Per news.

Interesting that every revolver and bolt gun confiscated from civilians are machine guns.

So.. question.. when guns are stolen from the army.. they are "Semi auto"? Per news.

Interesting that every revolver and bolt gun confiscated from civilians are machine guns.

Yeah, channel 4 in boston said there were 6 semi auto M16's stolen and 10 sig sauer M11 pistols.

They asked the governor baker if he was concerned. He said anytime high caliber guns like that are stolen, it's always a concern.

I was in the Guard. The armory in Quincy on Hancock St. had a bunch of riffle stolen. The story I heard was they drove a duce and half through the exterior wall. I don't believe these weapons were ever recovered. So at least 3 armorys have been hit. I think its time for security to be reviewed at all these facilities.

... Last I knew the National Guard kept the bolts to the rifles at the local Police Station or State Police Barracks.

A Co. 101st Engineers in Newburyport did in the early 1980's. They stored the BCG's in the Police Station.
This was only a decade or so after the Armory was broken into by Katherine Ann Power and rifles were stolen to arm the Black Panthers.

Maybe someone is trying to arm the #BlackLivesMatter crew...

180px-Kathapower.jpg

That was another thought I had, was a "good guy" prepping for inevitable. I don't know what the "long guns" consisted of, and praying not the heavy squad automatic types. Worries me that there is more than enough missing to equip 5-8 two man strike teams that can wreak serious mayhem. France had what, 4 two man teams?

Sadly, no squad automotics, which would be M249 SAW's. They took M4's, which are much more effective than the M249 ever is.

Yeah, I used to annually end up helping run my battalion's machine gun range, usually ended up in the tower, running the computer that ran the pop-up targets. Several times I've seen a couple of guys with M4's whipping the crap out the M240 performance, at 800 meters. With both ACOG's and CC)'s (Aimpoint red dots). And, I was in 3/172 Mountain Infantry, so these weren't just regulars guys that also carried M249's, these were infantry guys and that was their primary jobs (the M249 guys that is, some of the M4 guys were mechanics or recovery guys).

And they aren't sure who did it, but they know it wasn't terrorists.

I think they have a short list of suspects.

Yeah, they've probably have a pretty good idea who did it. Just narrowing it down. Besides, they may know, just aren't telling the media before arrests are made. The media is definitely too dumb to keep their yaps shut until the proper time.

I may be giving too much credit to their intelligence but I have a feeling that they know exactly who did it but is tracking them to bigger fish. Hopefully they don't pull a Holder.

I may be giving too much credit to their intelligence but I have a feeling that they know exactly who did it but is tracking them to bigger fish. Hopefully they don't pull a Holder.

I would apply to this situation the same rule of thumb that I use for any government involving conspiracy theory plot. Never attribute to malice or cunning things that can be explained by incompetence.

The thing that doesn't add up is; the risk these guys ran doesn't come close to the reward, at least not with what they are reported to have gotten away with. If they were after the guns, they would have been better off hitting a gun store. Sure they got some M4's, but big deal. All that does is turn a 30 round mag into a 10 round mag. Besides, who would be in the market for a RED HOT M4, when they could build an untraceable one from a jig and 80% paper weight? Now, if they got away with one of those little things that puts the crypto in the military radios.... That would be worth a good deal of money to the right buyers.

The thing that doesn't add up is; the risk these guys ran doesn't come close to the reward, at least not with what they are reported to have gotten away with. If they were after the guns, they would have been better off hitting a gun store. Sure they got some M4's, but big deal. All that does is turn a 30 round mag into a 10 round mag. Besides, who would be in the market for a RED HOT M4, when they could build an untraceable one from a jig and 80% paper weight? Now, if they got away with one of those little things that puts the crypto in the military radios.... That would be worth a good deal of money to the right buyers.

Even the KVL is useless unless they stole a lucky charm to make it actually work more often than not - and once it was reported missing, everyone using any of the recent KID's would rekey all of their radios anyways. Or at least try to...then the battery would die halfway. Or it would randomly lose the code fill. Or it wouldn't download from the KMF. Or the battery wouldn't be screwed in tight enough, or too tight, and it would dump the fill.

The real value in a code loader is the same as the M-9 - the joy in throwing it into a bonfire, or off a cliff.

The news tonight, boston channel 4, said the 6 rifles were semi autos and the 10 pistols were sig M11's

All the more reason to believe it's an inside job. The perp knew he would get in and out and wouldn't get caught. He didn't exactly look stealthy in that surveillance photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, no squad automotics, which would be M249 SAW's. They took M4's, which are much more effective than the M249 ever is.

Yeah, I used to annually end up helping run my battalion's machine gun range, usually ended up in the tower, running the computer that ran the pop-up targets. Several times I've seen a couple of guys with M4's whipping the crap out the M240 performance, at 800 meters. With both ACOG's and CC)'s (Aimpoint red dots). And, I was in 3/172 Mountain Infantry, so these weren't just regulars guys that also carried M249's, these were infantry guys and that was their primary jobs (the M249 guys that is, some of the M4 guys were mechanics or recovery guys).

I've spent several years in the infantry active duty and several more in the guard. I'm still in. I'd have to say your soldiers need more training on their crew served weapons if riflemen are more effective at 800m.

I didn't like the saw when it was first fielded. It's much improved.

- - - Updated - - -

When does military get semi only ars?

They're three round burst or semi by use of the selector switch.

so what is the penalty if this person is caught? And if an inside job wouldn't you think his silhouette and actions would be familiar with people he works with in that building?

I've spent several years in the infantry active duty and several more in the guard. I'm still in. I'd have to say your soldiers need more training on their crew served weapons if riflemen are more effective at 800m.

I didn't like the saw when it was first fielded. It's much improved.

- - - Updated - - -

They're three round burst or semi by use of the selector switch.
I would take a saw in a heartbeat, with a side of extra barrel too. Today's saw is not what it used to be 30 years ago.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom