Worcester Armory

so what is the penalty if this person is caught? And if an inside job wouldn't you think his silhouette and actions would be familiar with people he works with in that building?

A long time in club fed. I don’t think the picture is detailed enough. If I knew that person I could tell from that picture.

I've spent several years in the infantry active duty and several more in the guard. I'm still in. I'd have to say your soldiers need more training on their crew served weapons if riflemen are more effective at 800m.

I didn't like the saw when it was first fielded. It's much improved.

+1 Having a guy who knows how to shoot and work the MG's is important. I was amazed at how effective our MG guys were at distance.

Ongoing construction that required the alarm to be disabled. I think I would be looking hard at the contractors. They said on the news that the video showed he was there for 5 hours, doesn't seem like he was worried about getting caught. Construction workers most likely had access to parts of the building that were normally off limits.

Since when does the media know the difference between semi auto and full?

Htey were given the info including pictures which they showed on the news.

Ongoing construction that required the alarm to be disabled. I think I would be looking hard at the contractors. They said on the news that the video showed he was there for 5 hours, doesn't seem like he was worried about getting caught. Construction workers most likely had access to parts of the building that were normally off limits.

I saw that too. How do they not remove the guns and sensitive stuff from that building while it's under construction if the alarm is going to be off? Pretty damn stupid.

He had a non common car, the BMW hatchback, there cannot be many of those in MA or surrounding states. They also said they got a partial license plate number. If that is true, they absolutely know who this is and probably are survailing him to see if others are involved or something.

The non common car and a partial plate, they should have the person ID'd in an hr.

Maybe it was a rental and like the first World Trade Center bombing they'll try to get their deposit back.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried walking with a rifle stuffed down your pants? It's not speed-walking, that's for damn sure.

I have had the ladies ask me if that's a rifle in my pants.

Didn't conceal the lic. plate or wear a hoodie.
Hello...? Cameras everywhere.
30 agents on the case. Guy is either really smart or really dumb...?

What's the over under on number of days before they nab him or his buddy gives him up...

Gov is concerned that "some really high caliber weapons were stolen".

I'll take contractor or friend of and in custody by end of the week for $20.

Plus all the news reports are saying " no possible ties to terrorism " how the hell do they know that, really how.

So the Federal Bureau of Incineration is blowing off this being terrorist related....

And they aren't sure who did it, but they know it wasn't terrorists.

Naw, somebody just stole some pistols and machine guns for a laugh.

[rolleyes]

Sheesh.

Because no terrorist group has claimed credit for it, that's how we know.

[smile]

I've spent several years in the infantry active duty and several more in the guard. I'm still in. I'd have to say your soldiers need more training on their crew served weapons if riflemen are more effective at 800m.

I didn't like the saw when it was first fielded. It's much improved.

The M240B gunners could easily do as well as the guys with M4's.

The SAW guys couldn't. Pathetic? Yeah, I thought so. By the way, it was an infantry unit, and, no, most of the guys on the M249's weren't in my platoon. One of the M4 guys was, though.

And, yeah, these 2 M4 shooters weren't just novice shooters either.

How recently did they improve the SAW?

If it was around the time the Picatinny rails went on, then they were using the newer ones. It was fall 2009, IIRC.

I agree, the SAW was really a POS when first fielded. Now days, some of just think they're bad (instead of horrible). No, my opinion of it will never change.

Let's recap some of the events of the last few days shall we:

Slaughter in Paris.
Armory robbery here.
Soccer game cancelled in Germany for bomb threats.
Multiple bomb threats at hotel and train stations.
Missing "Syrian refugee" from La found in Washington DC.
Chicago Ohare partial evacuation .
3 planes in the US diverted to alternate landings due to security issues.

Nothing to see here, move along

Let's recap some of the events of the last few days shall we:

Slaughter in Paris.
Armory robbery here.
Soccer game cancelled in Germany for bomb threats.
Multiple bomb threats at hotel and train stations.
Missing "Syrian refugee" from La found in Washington DC.
Chicago Ohare partial evacuation .
3 planes in the US diverted to alternate landings due to security issues.

Nothing to see here, move along

These are all coincidences!

No connection at all!

[rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

And happening now...

Witnesses report heavy gunfire and that police are blocking roads in the northern Paris suburb of Saint-Denis early Wednesday.Police officers have been shot and wounded during a raid seeking one of the suspects in the Paris terrorist attacks, CNN affiliate BFMTV reported.

And, yeah, these 2 M4 shooters weren't just novice shooters either.

How recently did they improve the SAW?

Not sure of the timeline for improvements to the M249, but I had a break in service and when I came back it was much different. They also have several different configs with rails and adjustable stock, no more adjustable gas regulator on the front.

An NES member PM'd me saying they're now fielding the MK48. It's build off the M249 platform. I had to google it. Looks bad ass.

Looks like the anonymous blogger doesn't like anonymous viewers using tor:

You're not missing a thing. Just another TEOTWAWKI moron breathlessly writing about how, OMFG!!!, that armory is JUST DOWN THE STREET FROM A MOSQUE AND THE PARIS ATTACK JUST HAPPENED SO IT MUST BE RELATED!!!!

Don't waste your time trying to find it.

I was in the Guard. The armory in Quincy on Hancock St. had a bunch of riffle stolen. The story I heard was they drove a duce and half through the exterior wall. I don't believe these weapons were ever recovered. So at least 3 armorys have been hit. I think its time for security to be reviewed at all these facilities.

I mean those aren't small not much going to get in the way of that truck in quincy

I do find it strange that they have video and a partial license plate and no arrest yet unless I missed hearing about it.

I do find it strange that they have video and a partial license plate and no arrest yet unless I missed hearing about it.

A partial plate and that non common car, unless the plates were stolen, they should have a person ID'd in less than an hour. I think they have that and are watching the person to see if others are involved. With how he parked, no diguise, taking 5 hrs, etc I don't think he's the brightest.

A partial plate and that non common car, unless the plates were stolen, they should have a person ID'd in less than an hour. I think they have that and are watching the person to see if others are involved. With how he parked, no diguise, taking 5 hrs, etc I don't think he's the brightest.

Do you really think that the RMV database is "so sophisticated" that they can do multiple criteria searches? [rofl]

Seriously, I had a conversation with the Registrar of MV ~8 yrs ago and the software they use was so out of date that numerous things that you and I might think logical just weren't possible.

I know that in the mid-1990s their database was re-worked and the software they used was COBOL. I knew some people who were doing that work back then. No idea if anything improved since then, but seriously doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom