Worcester pulls license of critical business owner

I hate democrats, I have cut every single one of them in my family out of my life. Some of them will never meet my children.

But I support this guys second amendment rights I hope he wins. I would contribute to his defense regardless of the fact he’s a lib.

Firearms for me, not for thee:

Worcester Police interim chief discusses plans for the department

Worcester Police interim chief discusses plans for the department​

By Devin Bates Worcester
PUBLISHED 2:15 PM ET Sep. 06, 2023

WORCESTER, Mass. - Worcester’s Interim Police Chief Paul Saucier is settling into his new role with the department following the retirement of former Chief Steven Sargent.
While crime fell last year compared to 2021, Saucier singled out gun violence as a major area of concern moving forward. He said the department is in the process of creating a crime gun intelligence center in partnership with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms and Explosives.

It’s been almost 2 years since Bruen, you’re telling me they haven’t been able to find a single person? “Most” is not “all” candidates.
Always remember the GOAL motto: "Ante omnia, patientia et frugalitas"! ... "Above all else, patience and frugality"! [laugh]

That said, wouldn't it actually be Comm2A's role to find a worthwhile candidate to challenge suitability? 🤔

Last edited:
There is an exception to the doctrine of mootness called “Capable of Repetition, Yet Evading Review” that applies to situations that are either too 2short on time to be litigated to completion (think abortion cases being moot in 9 months) or cases where there is a reasonable expectation that the offending party will offend again once the lawsuit is wrapped up.

I’m well aware of what footnote 9 says. The point of my post is that we can sit here and say “bbbut Bruen says…” all we want. It does us no good. We have to look at the practical reality of the situation. No matter how wrong MA is, unless someone actually brings them to court over it, they will continue to enforce suitability the same way they have pre-Bruen. Like I said before, Suitability is most definitely still a thing in MA. Anyone who said suitability is dead post-Bruen is blissfully ignorant.
Agree - while technically suitability is dead, in practice it lives on because of activist courts.

Always remember the GOAL motto: "Above all else, patience and frugality"! [laugh]

That said, wouldn't it actually be Comm2A's role to find a worthwhile candidate to challenge suitability? 🤔
Yes, traditionally GOAL does legislation and Comm2A does litigation. However, GOAL has been involved with lawsuits in the past, and they recently announced that they’re diving deeper into the litigation front.

There is an exception to the doctrine of mootness called “Capable of Repetition, Yet Evading Review” that applies to situations that are either too short on time to be litigated to completion (think abortion cases being moot in 9 months) or cases where there is a reasonable expectation that the offending party will offend again once the lawsuit is wrapped up.

I’m well aware of what footnote 9 says. The point of my post is that we can sit here and say “bbbut Bruen says…” all we want. It does us no good. We have to look at the practical reality of the situation. No matter how wrong MA is, unless someone actually brings them to court over it, they will continue to enforce suitability the same way they have pre-Bruen. Like I said before, Suitability is most definitely still a thing in MA. Anyone who said suitability is dead post-Bruen is blissfully ignorant.
No one is going to read this half wall of text

It’s been almost 2 years since Bruen, you’re telling me they haven’t been able to find a single person? “Most” is not “all” candidates.

What’s more likely is that they are more worried about the other pending gun legislation and suitability is not high on their priority list.
I assume Comm2a's criteria hasn't changed since my discussion with one of their people, way back after the definition in MA law changed, but well before Bruen. They want super squeaky clean, and lets face it, there has to be at least one question or there wouldn't be a suitability issue. So I doubt it will even get addressed.

But there are other things that need action.,

I assume Comm2a's criteria hasn't changed since my discussion with one of their people, way back after the definition in MA law changed, but well before Bruen. They want super squeaky clean, and lets face it, there has to be at least one question or there wouldn't be a suitability issue. So I doubt it will even get addressed.
I think you're right. The perfect candidate simply does not exist... 'cause if he or she were squeaky clean perfect, the chance of their CoP having an issue is nil. [slap]
There certainly are. Amen to that! 🤔

Perfection becomes the enemy of progress once again

Old Kelly Square was the proving ground, where you truly earned your Ma**h*** stripes. I wish the old RMV held their road tests there, but they knew better. No one would ever pass.

The improvement is marginal, but at least one does not need to be (already) suicidal or drunk to attempt traversing it.

Perfection becomes the enemy of progress once again
This kid is a pile of feces and a /really/ bad plaintiff. Some random street thug would be better.

ETA: his politics aside he has demonstrated he doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. This is a huge liability in a court case. This is not someone you want as a plaintiff. There are actual criminals who woud likely be better.

This kid is a pile of feces and a /really/ bad plaintiff. Some random street thug would be better.

ETA: his politics aside he has demonstrated he doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. This is a huge liability in a court case. This is not someone you want as a plaintiff. There are actual criminals who woud likely be better.
I’m not saying this is the plaintiff we should use for a case, I’m just commenting on the fact that we can’t seem to find a single plaintiff who satisfies the criteria

I’m not saying this is the plaintiff we should use for a case, I’m just commenting on the fact that we can’t seem to find a single plaintiff who satisfies the criteria

It is difficult in part because it's hard to find a plaintiff that's not being targeted for jail. So if you have criminal defense cases, a lot of those people are going to cwof out or take a "deal" to stay out of jail vs running a full trial.

It is difficult in part because it's hard to find a plaintiff that's not being targeted for jail. So if you have criminal defense cases, a lot of those people are going to cwof out or take a "deal" to stay out of jail vs running a full trial.
We're talking about appealing a suitability denial, there is no jail risk.

I can tell you from experience that a lot of these suitability denials have nothing to do with jail.

I can tell you from experience that a lot of these suitability denials have nothing to do with jail.

Yes, that's very true but a typical 2A case involves charges. Most of the suitability problems I hear about, the victims are some form of nipplehead. I'm not saying they deserve it. It's a travesty of justice and a violation of rights. But many of these suitability people are their own worst enemy.

Thought the whole suitability went out the window with bruen? or Is that just to issue LTC?
I'm sure Massachusetts hasn't been spanked enough to learn a life lesson but you know they don't care, they're using our own tax money to take away our rights anyway. I hope this person has a gofundme.

Yes, that's very true but a typical 2A case involves charges. Most of the suitability problems I hear about, the victims are some form of nipplehead. I'm not saying they deserve it. It's a travesty of justice and a violation of rights. But many of these suitability people are their own worst enemy.
I'm offended. I'm no nippelhead.
I've worked as/with LE most of my life, a single arrest with charges that never would have stuck, but took a cwof based on some shitty advice and having limited funds. A mistake by the courts (which I'm pursuing), set the stage.
I've held FFLs in NH and MA and MA dealers license, now a C&R and CJIS certified.
Other than that one cwof/dismissed I'm, squeaky clean..... but not clean enough apparently

You lack information and are making a stupid assumption.

The ATF wanted to talk to him?

Then he agreed to meet with them?

I guess he didn't know that he had the right to remain silent.

I've worked as/with LE most of my life, a single arrest with charges that never would have stuck, but took a cwof based on some shitty advice and having limited funds. A mistake by the courts (which I'm pursuing), set the stage.
I've held FFLs in NH and MA and MA dealers license, now a C&R and CJIS certified.
Other than that one cwof/dismissed I'm, squeaky clean..... but not clean enough apparently

You lack information and are making a stupid assumption.
I’m astounded that you weren’t considered a good enough plaintiff for a case, and that just furthers my belief that suitability is here to stay in MA until the end of time.

Did I mention you? lol. I said "most" not "all" . I have had friends suffer under suitability BS too 100% through no fault of their own. I'm just saying I've seen other people who basically "did all the wrong things" either to A- cause the issue to begin with (like there was one kid on this forum who ended up in suitability hell because he was waving a f***ing gun around during a road rage thing) or B- respond or resolve the issue by not making the best choices in responding to it.

The fact that its an issue at all is still patently horrific. But at the same time a lot of people usually figure out in the margins how to make everything infinitely worse on themselves. Like "Oh, so you went back to f***ing the girl who had already identified herself as crazy (and you knew she was) then she called the cops on you and filed an RO, and you're suprised at the long term outcome?" etc. Shit like that. Nobody is perfect but a lot of the suitability problems are self induced.

We're talking about appealing a suitability denial, there is no jail risk.

Yes, that is certainly true. I should have paraprhaed my comments by stating "in most gun cases".

This guy certainly is a plaintiff on paper, but if I was someone like Comm2A, SAF or whoever, his viability as a case is questionable at best. This guy has too much millenial style social media drama and BS around his existence. This isn't some guy who got like, falsely accused of a rape, charged and dismissed, but he was denied on suitability despite the fact that there's CCTV footage of the guy at a convenience store in topeka kansas when the rape occurred.

YOUR case frankly is infinitely better than this., Why C2A or whoever would not have wanted to run with that, I would never know.

I'm sure Massachusetts hasn't been spanked enough to learn a life lesson but you know they don't care, they're using our own tax money to take away our rights anyway. I hope this person has a gofundme.

You know the memory is the second thing to go, but I do remember a time there was some ballot initiative (just not what the question was [laugh]) and it passed comfortably, but the State said, "We don't care about the vote. We're doing it OUR way no matter what you say." (paraphrased)

Probably in the 90s, maybe somebody will chime in with the missing details. Was it taxes? Tolls? Something like that.

Back
Top Bottom