Worcester pulls license of critical business owner

CrackPot

NES Member

Suitability for being critical of the city’s policies. This might be entertaining.

Admits to twelve personal transfers. That was an oops. I hope he gets GOOD legal representation. This would set a good precedent post Bruen.

The notice, dated the same day it was served and signed by Worcester Police Department (WPD) Deputy Chief of Police Sean Fleming, said, “After careful review of the pending Worcester Police Department investigation, including but not limited to social media posts, your license to carry a firearm is being suspended effective immediately as an unsuitable candidate.”

In other words - BFYTW.

"he received documents from the Worcester Police Department (WPD), which claimed he had 27 firearms, with another five they said had records discrepancies."

But it's not a 'registry'.

Sure smells like retribution.

I love his teeshirt. I used to drive Kelley Square on a regular basis for my last job.

I felt safer jumping off the back ramp of a c-141 on a night halo jump than doing that.

I went through there a couple months ago for the first time in over 10 years.

When did they redesign it? It used to be MUCH more dangerous.

Admits to twelve personal transfers.

From the article it appears the response to the revocation was to place under the care of another LTC holder. Can't tell because journalists.
"As required by law, Webb said he transferred possession of all 12 of his firearms to another individual using the state approved process."

In a nutshell Bruen says you can't restrict licenses. Either you issue them or you don't but you can't put restrictions on them (i.e "Sport, Target, Hunting").
And I thought part of that was having to ask permission in the first place, and just assumed it was WRT suitability

Thanks for the clarification

I love his teeshirt. I used to drive Kelley Square on a regular basis for my last job.

I felt safer jumping off the back ramp of a c-141 on a night halo jump than doing that.
Loved the old Kelly Square configuration, a leap of faith, like walking barefoot on hot coals. The new peanut design is an improvement but just marginally.

Couple of years before I left Massachusetts I sent a letter into the Firearms Bureau to get a list of all the firearms in my possession. They had stuff going back to the late seventies that I had sold decades earlier, still listed as being mine

Wait wait.
I could be wrong, but I don’t think I am. Isnt that the same guy who popped someone in Fitchburg a few years back during a botched laptop sale?

Wait wait.
I could be wrong, but I don’t think I am. Isnt that the same guy who popped someone in Fitchburg a few years back during a botched laptop sale?

i believe it is, he had a PC business in Worcester. back about ten years ago, he popped up on all the MA FB gun groups, and solicited purchasing the groups from the admins who started them. i remember he did purchase a couple, and exclaimed he was going to monetize them through selling add or some chit like that. when the big group got taken down i had a good chuckle at his short sightedness to FB and guns...

The notice, dated the same day it was served and signed by Worcester Police Department (WPD) Deputy Chief of Police Sean Fleming, said, “After careful review of the pending Worcester Police Department investigation, including but not limited to social media posts, your license to carry a firearm is being suspended effective immediately as an unsuitable candidate.”

In other words - BFYTW.

This is quite disturbing.
Practice run on taking 80 million gun owners guns away after careful review of their social media posts??
So long, pretty much 90% of NES.
[tinfoil]

Loved the old Kelly Square configuration, a leap of faith, like walking barefoot on hot coals. The new peanut design is an improvement but just marginally.
Old Kelly Square was the proving ground, where you truly earned your Ma**h*** stripes. I wish the old RMV held their road tests there, but they knew better. No one would ever pass.

So has anybody actually seen this dudes social medial? What triggered the revocation?

This is quite disturbing.
Practice run on taking 80 million gun owners guns away after careful review of their social media posts??
So long, pretty much 90% of NES.
Inasmuch as MA makes up 90% of NES, you aren't wrong.
This is extremely disturbing. I really wish he could sue the chief personally for deprivation of rights and make him pay out of his own pocket instead of the city.
No, Bruen said you can’t use arbitrary or subjective rules for license issuance. They need to be objective. You were correct.
Bruen was about suitability and the state said suitability was not to be used when determining license issuance.
Post-Bruen, Mass guidance limits suitability to "may create a risk to public safety"

Other than New York, what other states have "suitability" the way Massachusetts claims/claimed to?

Last edited:
So has anybody actually seen this dudes social medial? What triggered the revocation?

Inasmuch as MA makes up 90% of NES, you aren't wrong.

Post-Bruen, Mass guidance limits suitability to "may create a risk to public safety"

Other than New York, what other states have "suitability" the way Massachusetts claims/claimed to?

I was mistaken. It was the good reason needed that was struck and not suitability. But California assesses suitability too.

Back
Top Bottom