Worcester Armory

Who carries Sig 9s in the army? I know that CID does (I think) but does anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea about the Army but Marine pilots (and possibly air crew?) carry P229s last I heard. It's basically their version of a compact pistol. (Compact compared to a 92FS I guess.)

No idea about the Army but Marine pilots (and possibly air crew?) carry P229s last I heard. It's basically their version of a compact pistol. (Compact compared to a 92FS I guess.)

Didn't know it was a P229 now, I always thought it was the M11/P228.

-Mike

Dec 8, U.S. District Court Judge David Hennessy dismissed machine gun charges against Ashley Bigsbee. Bigsbee's attorney, Blake Rubin, had argued that the government was "heavy-handed" in charging his client with the possession of a machine gun.

"I'm not persuaded by the evidence that the defendant knew the gun was a machine gun," Hennessy said. "I don't subscribe to the notion that the transient presence of the guns in the apartment means she possessed them."

Shortly after the dismissal, Bigsbee was brought back into the courtroom to face a new charge from the U.S. Attorney's office of unlawful possession of a stolen firearm.

Bigsbee had also been charged with making false statements to federal agents in connection to the theft of six M-4 rifles and 10 M11 pistols from the North Lake Avenue facility.

James Morales, a 34-year-old former Army reservist, is accused of breaking into the armory at the U.S. Army Reserve and stealing the weapons on Nov. 14. Authorities said Morales met with Bigsbee at her apartment on 27 Page St., Dorchester, the day after the theft.

Federal prosecutor Corey Flashner presented photos allegedly found on Bigsbee's phone of one of the M-4 rifles and another of her tattooed hand holding one of the M-11 pistols.

Officials say Bigsbee and her roommate, identified by Flashner as Tyrone James, helped broker the sale of the five of the stolen weapons. Bigsbee allegedly received $300 for her role.

Hennessy was willing to release Bigsbee on the charge of lying to federal agents, given that she find a new apartment. He noted that police were called to her Page Street apartment last week for the report of gunfire. He also said marijuana and prescription drugs had previously been found in the apartment.

The judge did not set a next date for Bigsbee and she was held pending another hearing on whether she will be released on the new charge.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2015/12/ashley_bigsbee_faces_new_charg.html
http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2015/12/federal_judge_leaning_on_dismi.html

The guy is a Bonafide crook, stole the guns and they're dismissing charges but some poor sap gets popped with legally owned stuff and they throw the book at him. What's wrong here.

Someone has an actual assault rifle and they drop the charges? I take it she didn't fit the demographic for a good conviction.

This message brought to you by the letter T and the number 9.

The guy is a Bonafide crook, stole the guns and they're dismissing charges but some poor sap gets popped with legally owned stuff and they throw the book at him. What's wrong here.

They dismissed the charge against the dorchester woman who he left a few of the guns with, I think all the charges are still on the guy who stole them. He's not going to be able to claim he didn't know they were full auto since he used those in the army.

Someone has an actual assault rifle and they drop the charges? I take it she didn't fit the demographic for a good conviction.

This message brought to you by the letter T and the number 9.

If she had no clue about guns (which I can believe, she looks like a real dummy), she knows it's a gun but maybe not full auto. She's still cooked on the stolen gun charge, MA can charge her with guns with no license crap. She's still likely to go to jail, I doubt the feds need her as a witness and would make a deal with her.

NO KIDDING!!! HOW DO WE MAKE THIS WELL KNOWN!!! CALL IN TO WTAG WITH IT RIGHT NOW 508-795-0580

Radio Show Gun Control Call In

Looks like they are giving her a break on the machine gun charge because she led them to one of the M4's "inside a bag on the side of the road on Kingdale Street in Dorchester". She's still got other federal charges including lying to a federal agent.

Feds don't charge you unless they know they can convict.

A friend was charged with felon in possession when his ex dimed him out for shooting at a rental place. They only charged him with felon in possession of the ammo because the gun was a Smith and Wesson. He had a defense that the gun never crossed state lines and didn't affect interstate commerce.

This one has an argument that she didn't know it was a machine gun. Why waste time arguing whether it's a machine gun when the other charges are a slam dunk?

Ashley Bigsbee charged in connection with the guns stolen from an armory in Worcester has been released.

U.S. District Court, Magistrate Judge David H. Hennessy allowed the 26-year-old to be released under the following conditions until her trial:

"She will be allowed to reside in a Jamaica Plain apartment on the conditions she wear an electronic monitor and observe a curfew from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. She must follow an education and job-training program devised for her by the Boston Centers for Youth and Families, and will be subject to drug testing.

If she subsequently fails to appear in court she will forfeit a $10,000 bond. And she will be allowed no contact with anyone involved in the Worcester weapons theft case."

http://www.telegram.com/article/20151223/NEWS/151229528

Ashley Bigsbee charged in connection with the guns stolen from an armory in Worcester has been released.

U.S. District Court, Magistrate Judge David H. Hennessy allowed the 26-year-old to be released under the following conditions until her trial:

"She will be allowed to reside in a Jamaica Plain apartment on the conditions she wear an electronic monitor and observe a curfew from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. She must follow an education and job-training program devised for her by the Boston Centers for Youth and Families, and will be subject to drug testing.

If she subsequently fails to appear in court she will forfeit a $10,000 bond. And she will be allowed no contact with anyone involved in the Worcester weapons theft case."

That sounds GREAT! She needs to wear an ankle bracelet, I assume a similar one to that worn by the guy (I think it's her boyfriend) who stole the 16 guns from the Worcester Armory, and he was wearing it when he swiped the guns. Good plan. [laugh]

And she needs to follow an education and job training program? She's faces years in the Fed pen and the evidence of her hand with the guns was posted on her own facebook page, so it seems like the case isn't going to be tough to make. And someone else posted in this thread, I believe an arrest of her for robbing or beating someone up on the T.

I'm sure this training will be a good use of federal tax dollars. [rolleyes]

That sounds GREAT! She needs to wear an ankle bracelet, I assume a similar one to that worn by the guy (I think it's her boyfriend) who stole the 16 guns from the Worcester Armory, and he was wearing it when he swiped the guns. Good plan. [laugh]

And she needs to follow an education and job training program? She's faces years in the Fed pen and the evidence of her hand with the guns was posted on her own facebook page, so it seems like the case isn't going to be tough to make. And someone else posted in this thread, I believe an arrest of her for robbing or beating someone up on the T.

Might be same bracelet REFURBED [laugh]. I predict these "special conditions" will become "time served" when she is freed at her trial by same judge. With the familiar refrain, The defendent has shown remorse (for putting evidence on her cellphone) and is currently following a plan to get her life back together...

Aiding and abetting or accessory to a crime doesn't get punished these days. [angry]

she would be better off staying in custody as that time usually is considered served if I'm not mistaken. She should be training in jail for fed prison

she would be better off staying in custody as that time usually is considered served if I'm not mistaken. She should be training in jail for fed prison
I don't think she's going to prison, or not for long. She's obviously been blessed by someone. Reasons unknowable...

Go ahead. Get caught in possession of some stolen military firearms, full autos, etc. See how fast YOU spend the rest of your life in jail...

I don't think she's going to prison, or not for long. She's obviously been blessed by someone. Reasons unknowable...

Go ahead. Get caught in possession of some stolen military firearms, full autos, etc. See how fast YOU spend the rest of your life in jail...

As serious as the charges may be, they are still non violent. On top of that, being young and having a clean record goes a long way.

U.S. District Court, Magistrate Judge David H. Hennessy allowed the 26-year-old to be released ...

Just quoting this for posterity, and because I couldn't believe it the first 20 times I read it.

Wow. Great points.

I bet you're right on having some sort of connection ("blessing").

As serious as the charges may be, they are still non violent. On top of that, being young and having a clean record goes a long way.

So, if not young, that means a big sentence? If not, what does?

The non violence of the crime and lack of criminal record would not matter a bit if she were a middle aged white man, as you know full well.

You beat me to it!

I wonder if anyone will go to jail over this? Doubtful. If guns were stolen from one of our homes, we would likely find ourselves in trouble.
That is an excellent point. Worcester Armory (US Army) should have all their guns confiscated and put in a bonded warehouse.

The non violence of the crime and lack of criminal record would not matter a bit if she were a middle aged white man, as you know full well.

Of course. But if you're middle aged, you're not "young" I think being female is the biggest factor here. She probably had a gaggle of kids at home also.

I'm of the opinion that if a judge deems a person not dangerous and not a flight risk, they should all be released before trial.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Of course. But if you're middle aged, you're not "young" I think being female is the biggest factor here. She probably had a gaggle of kids at home also.

I'm of the opinion that if a judge deems a person not dangerous and not a flight risk, they should all be released before trial.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

I respect your opinion. What I question is a judge deciding

1. this person is not dangerous. Her phone photo of her hand holding one of the stolen Army handguns. Unknown whether this particular handgun was recovered. If sold and used in a crime ...

19300029-mmmain.jpg

2. Not a flight risk
She was listed as a missing person by Boston Police last summer.
http://www.bostonphoenix.com/boston/news_features/other_stories/documents/05145705.asp

Back
Top Bottom