Where did you buy your first gun?

Well, my very first gun was obtained 25 years ago in Russian toy store [laugh2]
I bought my first one in the US just less than two weeks ago at Competetive Shooters Supplies in Pawtucket, RI. It is 9 mm Makarov IJ-70.

OMG... talk about a blast from the past. I bought my first Ruger Mk1 there in the early 80's. I'd forgotten the name of the place until I read your post.

I bought several of my first firearms there. They're still in business; my father just bought some fishing gear from them for my nephews this past summer.

I aquired my first handgun, a Colt Woodsman, new, in 1952 when most of you were still pissing your pants or before. A high point in my life will be when I give it to my grandson next year on his fourth birthday. Jack.

I bought a double barreled side by each shot gun at the old Natick outdoor store when I was 16 (40 + years ago sheesh) [smile]

I spent the better part of my tweens hanging out at Williams Gun Shop in Salem, Ohio eyeballing everything in the store, handling guns and talking Mr. Williams ear off. With a fair amount of "full-court-press" I convinced my father I was ready to buy my first pistol and handed him $110.00 I had saved from the sale of my go-cart frame and lawn money. He covered the rest and the Ruger Mark II was mine - at 16... [wink]

My first gun was a Mossberg .22 bolt action rifle. My father bought for me when I was 11. I don't know where.

Some years later, he also bought me a Winchester 52C. That came from Abercrombie & Fitch (the real one) in Manhattan.

Ruger 10/22 from B&D Re-loaders in Hyde Park in 1992, followed by a Ruger Mini Thirty a couple days later.

My mother bought me a S&W Airweight Bodyguard for my 21st birthday. It was used and bought from my boss at the time. I still have and carry it.

first gun was a Marlin .22 Auto rifle w/ a scope. I was insanely accurate with that thing and used to pick off squirrels with headshots out to 100 yards.
Then I started to feel bad for killing squirrels for no other reason than target practice. I just kill paper targets now.
First handgun was a Colt series 70.

Back
Top Bottom