Where did you buy your first gun?

I bought my first handgun in the parking lot at work in 1967. It was a Colt's .32 ACP and I paid $20.00 for it.

If I remember correctly, I bought my first shotgun in Pulaski, Ohio from Walt Gunn. It was a Mossberg bolt action .410 and I paid $20.00 for it.

I bought my first rifle from Walt Gunn in 1967. It was a new Ruger 10/22 and I paid $54.50 for it.

All of the above purchases were legal and there was no paperwork for me to fill out and no waiting periods or background checks.

Mossberg 46b from my Dads friend for $20. Best .22 I've shot to date and don't think I'll part with it until it time to give it to one of my kids.

I'm not sure of the exact spot or if it's still there, but it was a gun shop in Framingham, on Rt. 30 I think, in 1981, when I turned 18. A Vietnam vet I worked with got me into shooting, with his AR 7 and "prodded" the Marlboro PD into giving me my FID.

You must be referring to Lew Horton's now they only do distribubution.

my first gun was bought for me when i was 10 or 11, it was a new england firearm 20 ga. used from ktp. i still have it [grin]

Gun Broker - how unromantic, eh? But I got a beautiful S&W 686 for about $300 (this was only a 4-5 years ago), so I think it worked out pretty well for me.

I bought my Colt King Cobra 6" SS from Bill's Guns & Gifts in Nashua, N.H. in 1987. I just paid, showed my driver's license, and I was 'outta there! - Michael

With the "Where did you grow up" thread well over 120 posts, I thought I'd start something more relevant (read: near and dear to our hearts!): Where did you buy your first gun, and what was it?

I'll start:
I bought my first gun, a S&W Model 19 (.357 Magnum) with a 4" barrel, from J&J guns in Bayonne, NJ.

First gun was the Sport's Authority in Seekonk , MA. it was a Glock 27 , I bought in in Jan 1999 a left-over 1998 and man what an incredible selection they had of guns ! the only reason I bough a sub-compact was because I wanted a .40 but they had none bigger

I kept it for 10 years and traded in on my first AR15

First SG (rem 870) - bought from my father in law, and I still have it. I think it was 1996.
First dedicated trap gun (BT-99) - bought from a friend. Still have that.
First handgun - Browning buckmark, from dad-in-law.
First rifle - TBD. I don't own one yet.

When I was 13, a note from my Dad was all I needed to make my first purchase at Ortin's Sporting Goods in Norwood. It was a Model 37 Ithaca Featherweight 20 Ga. with variable choke.

The only thing I couldn't buy with a note was a pistol. A former motorcycle cop from Norwood bought me my first pistol when I was 14, from Curt Groote, Gunsmith, Walpole, MA.

My first purchase as an "adult", age 21 was at Coleman's in Canton Ma, for a Ruger Single Six.

(From age 17 to 20, I was in the service, and bought all kinds of guns at Army PX's around the world.)

Got my first gun, a Glock 20, at Collectors.

Got my first shotgun, a SAIGA 12, at K&R Target Sports

Got my first rifle, a Lee Enfield No 4, from Gunbroker.

Model 66 with a 6" at Chuck's Gun Shop in Westford Ma on Groton Rd (Rt 40) back in 82 I think. Shot it a bunch and traded it years ago. It needed a rebuild and I wanted something new. I wish I didn't sell it. I personally drove it to S&W for a trigger job one day and waited for it.

Second gun from the same place was a Series 70 full custom Colt 1911. I still own it and will never get rid of it.

RIP Chuck.

Back
Top Bottom