Where did you buy your first gun?

First rifle Marlin .22 from JC Penny, Eastfield Mall, Springfield around 1978, still have it.

First handgun Ruger Mark 1 a year or two later from a shop on North Elm in Westfield that is long gone. Had it at the range this evening.

For my first purchase, I actually bought 4 guns:

Walther PPS, Walther P22, S&W M&P and a Marlin 336A Lever Action 30/30. All were purchased from Pete's Gun Shop in Adams, MA and I highly recommend Pete's to anyone looking for a great deal, great service and friendly sales people.

Interesting exercise.

As an addendum,

1st handgun was a Hi-Std Supermatic Tournament .22 bought at Ivanhoe's in Watertown in 1976.

1st pellet pistol was bought a week later also at Ivanhoe's, S&W 79G and they insisted on seeing my LTC and doing an FA-10 form (tissue-paper back then) for it!!

In 1977 I bought my 1st shotgun, Rem 1100SA Skeet in 12ga from a local FFL.

Not counting a bb gun bought at K-Mart around 1982 or '83, my first was an Asian girl, a Daewoo (maybe K1?), around '88. At the time the criteria was it looked cool. It came from.... can't think of the name of the shop, in Boyleston down the street from the jail...

I traded it in a few months later on an HK-91 which I *do* still have.

It's going to bug me all night what the name of the

ARMCO?

Maybe. The memory is the... what was the question?

1. Browning Buckmark .22 practice pistol, bought at Semi-Auto Gun store, Winsted CT. Can't bring it home yet though, permit is STILL pending.

2. Ruger 10/22 from "thegunsource.com" (FFL transfer through a store where I got it for $120 less than he could sell it to me for, including shipping and transfer fee. He was willing, although not happy I think, to do the transfer still.)

Yugo 59/66 at Manchester Firing Line.

Second gun was my Marlin 60 at BPS. I'm hoping to never have to buy another gun in Massachusetts again.

Bought my first pistol, a Ruger .22 semi-auto, they didn't have them labeled "MarK" yet, from the Sears & Roebuck "Wish Book" for a bit less than $50.00.
And I think the Post Office delivered it back then because as a 17 year old I couldn't afford the expensive express shipping.
I still have it and it still functions perfectly.
My first rifle was a surplus Mauser from a barrel full of them at Prepstein's Hardware Store in Warrior Run, PA. Less than $20.00 with a box of surplus ammo.
I was 16 so Mr. Prepstein insisted on a note from my father that it was ok.
Younger folks do not understand how drasticly the Left has changed America in the last 40 years.

Bought a 22 Revolver from a guy in Bridgewater,Mass in 1962. Forget what I paid for it.
Later traded it in for a S & W Chief's 38. I think I got the 38 in 1964.

My first dealer bought gun was an auto ordnance 1911 from Riley's.

When I was in the Navy I had a chief who rotated his stock of guns all the time. Two days before every payday he'd walk around to all the shops and list his inventory and ask what everyone wanted. He sold me a Bushmaster XM-15, Cetme, Mauser, S&W .357, S&W .44 airwight, various shotguns, and a ton of ammo. He kept the squadron armed.

I inherited most of them, but the first time that I actually went out and purchased a gun, would be my Sig P226 9mm, at The Gun Room in Shrewsbury, Ma in 1989. The second was at a place that's gone now. That would my Remington Model 700 in 7mm rem mag, at Northboro Trading Post.

My first rifle was a surplus Mauser from a barrel full of them at Prepstein's Hardware Store in Warrior Run, PA. Less than $20.00 with a box of surplus ammo.
I was 16 so Mr. Prepstein insisted on a note from my father that it was ok.
Younger folks do not understand how drasticly the Left has changed America in the last 40 years.

That brings back memories. We used to buy ammo at Peirce's Hardware store in Millbury. No permits, no nothing.

Grew up a little in Boyleston. It was Armco and I remember when they wanted to move in. The town was in an uproar about it

Not counting a bb gun bought at K-Mart around 1982 or '83, my first was an Asian girl, a Daewoo (maybe K1?), around '88. At the time the criteria was it looked cool. It came from.... can't think of the name of the shop, in Boyleston down the street from the jail...

I traded it in a few months later on an HK-91 which I *do* still have.

It's going to bug me all night what the name of the

ARMCO?

Maybe. The memory is the... what was the question?

My first gun was a Remington 870. i was going to college in Maine and after X-mas break i went to check my mail and to my surprise and my later dismay i opened a letter that held my first shiny new credit card. I ran right out and bought that 870 and still have it as a HD gun. Now that i think of it that was 1997.

My first gun purchase was a Ruger single six from Ivanhoe's when they were on Main Street in Watertown. I wish I still owned that revolver, but I traded it for a really ugly H&R double action revolver.

I inherited my first 5 and I'm in the process of buying MY first gun.
Stag model 3 AR15 from Acme Armament in Plympton, I still owe some $ but will bring it home soon.

Back
Top Bottom