Where did you buy your first gun?

My first firearm was a S&W Model 36 - given to me by my grandfather. He carried it as a back-up when he was a LEO and later CLEO.

The first firearm I purchased: a Mosin Nagant M44 from ZHA.

Norinco JW15A .22 LR rifle at M&M's in Plymouth when they were in Cordage Park.

Number 2 will ALWAYS be the rifle I remember purchasing til the day I die. Bought an SKS from M&Ms. Turns out I fit the description of a VERY VERY bad person and they sent a LOT of police to interogate me.

It is not reassuring when you see a police officer walking up to your car, hand on his gun and shaking like this is the end of his life and the friend saying to you "Dude, don't ****ing sneeze cuz I think they got SWAT out on us." (Besides the 4 cruisers a UPS type truck pulled up hard and fast with them.

And even though this thing happened. Once it was confirmed I was not the guy in question, the officer thanked me for beging cooperative and apologized for what happened.

2 SS Ruger Vaqueros 38/357 cons # transferred from Kempf Gun Shop Michigan City IN to Sparky's Guns in Webster MA. I felt like a proud papa picking those pistolas up. Never forget it. Made believe I knew what I was doing. Sparky knew different, but he let me have my day.

Four Seasons, S&M 638 Air weight with all the trimmings...Still never fired it.

Oh and a Mossberg 500a 12 gauge same day.

Last edited:
First pistol: Ruger MKIII BUll barrel from Collectors Gallery in Stoneham

FIrst Rifle: SW MP15FT from NET (sorry, I was young and dumb once, I buy the cool stuff from anyone BUT them now)

First gun ~
Rifle, Marlin model 60, 22LR ~ bought at Sears​

First handgun ~
S&W model 17, 22LR revolver ~ bought at Ivanhoe’s, Watertown​

First shotgun ~
Ted Williams model 200 pump by High Standard ~ bought at Sears​

First pistol ~
Colt Woodsman Match Target 2nd edition ($50) ~ bought from a buddy [smile]

Last edited:
Pete's

Winchester 12 gauge pump from Pete's Gun and Tackle in Hudson NH. I was 18, making just this side of minimum wage and going to school full time. Pete let me buy it on lay away. He was a great guy.

Sig P229 9mm at Four Seasons.
Got it the morning after my permit arrived.... I would have gone the same day i got the permit, but it came in the mail and was too late by the time it arrived.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom