Where did you buy your first gun?

My Mom & Dad gave me my 1st BB Rifle, from SEARS ( I still have it) and my 1st 22 Rifle, an old single shot trap door rifle. I can't remember if it was my Grand Fathers 1st or my Dad's, but that one is still one of my favorate guns.

My 1st pistol I bought from my Uncle when I started as a LEO at 18, it was a Colt Police Positive 38 (yes we carryed revolvers back in the dark ages) but I traded up from that to a Colt Lawman 357 (I still kick my self for selling that one, real sweet shooter).

I still have all the guns I have bought except those two pistols. I came close to the Lawman, I bought a Colt Trooper from Fred, that's one I will keep also.

Now many guns later, my latest is a Ruger 10/22 that I tricked out to look like a AR.

That brings back memories. We used to buy ammo at Peirce's Hardware store in Millbury. No permits, no nothing.

It's still that way in PA, and lots of other places.
You only need a "permit" to carry concealed. Buying a gun or ammo just means showing your ID and passing the NIC check.
No FIDs or any other Liberal crap.
There still IS a "United States" out there.
It just ain't HERE.

I'll show my age. Anybody remember The Fair in Worcester at the corner of Rt 20 and Greenwood St (there's a PriceChopper there now)? It was a Winchester .22 rifle. They had a pretty good sporting goods department from what I recall.

The first handgun was a S&W 586 revolver from the The Gun Room in Shrewsbury.

Still have both guns.

From a small instrument repair shop in Holbrook, MA. Brought my trumpet there in HS and saw he (German Guy) had a few guns. He did some gunsmith work to I believe. Bolt action Marlin? 20 ga shotgun $40 what a deal!

There used to be a family owned sporting goods store in Indian Orchard (a burg of Springfield) I bought a Winchester 1300 and a Yugo SKS there.

Last year in February or March, a Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge at Bob's Gun Exchange in Darien, CT, also purchased a Beretta al390 20 gauge that same day for my DW to use. She had already inherited 2 rifles and a shotgun. Not my last purchase.

Walther P99 at L.A. Guns. Rumor has it, this store is where the cops went to grab some ARs to finish the Hollywood Bank Shootout.

well my first "gun" was a BB rifle from Royal in Stoneham, back when they were in a little shack over across from where Walgreens is now.

Then my first handgun, a Raven 25, was bought from a guy who set up shop to display guns at the flea market in the building that now where REI is.

My first gun was a pretty little M16A2 service rifle named Sally issued to me during my first or second week of recruit training at Paris Island, SC. I didn't exactly buy it, but I probably did enough push-ups to earn it twenty times over. You never forget your first love. :)

-Jason

Ivanhoe Gun Shop on Main St. in Watertown, MA......way back before Watertown turned into "Cambridge".

My first gun was a gift from my father in South Carolina. She's a Sig P6 in fantastic shape (1983), that has seen many hours on my hip and thrown a few thousand rounds down range in the short year that I've been a gun owner.

-edit- The transfer was done by Pete's Gun Shop in Adams, MA.

Back
Top Bottom