• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where did you buy your first gun?

A .36 caliber cap and ball revolver from Bernie Gould's in Medford about 40 years ago. I may shoot machineguns now but I still have a .36 navy in one of the gun safes.

In 1992 shortly after my 18th and the day i got my "permit to carry" I bought 3 guns at once so there isn't a 1st technically . . .I bought an PWA CAR-15 10.5" barrel with 5.5" flash hider, an Olympic Arms AR with a 37mm flare launcher(m203 clone) and an O.D. Uzi with a 16" barrel and under folding stock . . .
Oh how I wish I had all 3 of those again and all the mags for em too . . . I seriously had any where between 50 and 75 30rnd pre bans I remember going to the gun shop and having to order 2 cases of .223 to fill em up

My first hand gun was a Glock 21 with the NP3 factory finish (looked like a SS finish) and night sights, the G21 came with 2 mags from the factory and that day I had the dealer order 10 more for me... he thought I was kidding . . . and I then had him order me factory +2's for all of em too . . .yea something about 15 rounds of 45 made me happy lol then multiply that by a dozen

Last edited:
First gun purchase in 92 was a used Mossberg 12ga. pump action from TightLines in West Bridgewater. That was a great shop. When I got my LTC i bought two the same day from Four Seasons. A Sig 226 in.40 and a S&W 686 with a 4" barrel and I will never part with any of them

I bought my first gun at 15 years old, in 1964, at the local hardware store (western auto?) in Winthrop, ME, When I worked for my uncles' construction company, for the summer. I think I paid about $22.00 for a used bolt action Savage/Stevens .22, with 2 boxes of ammo! Got a lot of squirrels and a couple porcupines that summer...Oh the memories.

Bill

Browning T-bolt from a very small shop in Emmitsburg MD - I wish I could remember - but it was 30+ years ago -- oh and my father actually had to do the transaction as I was 13.
I still sits in my safe!

Daisy Red Rider under the Christmas tree - 1974.
Promptly went out to the hay barn and started thinning down the pigeon population!

First air rifle was an RWS co2 powered pump .177. I forget the name of the store, but it was in Sturbridge (no longer there). I traded that (and a few bucks) for a .22 mag bolt action Mossberg 'Chuckster'. I got that at 'The Outdoorsman' in West Boylston... which is also sadly no longer there. Also bought a S&W model 19 .357 6" barrel from there too.

Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec from a NES'r through Tite-Group a few months ago, followed a month later by a Ruger MkIII from Blue Northern.

I need a time machine so I can go back and get some of these awesome deals... :)

First handgun purchased was an M&P 9 compact. Bought it at Smith & Wesson last month. Other than that I've had a Remington AirMaster 77 (with a scope) for about a year that I picked up at Walmart for squirrel control in my garden.

First handgun purchased was a HK USP .40 full size model, purchased it from Frank & Tiny's, sadly I am not sure if I will ever be able to purchase from that dealer again after the recent and very very sad loss of sgt Tiny.

Back
Top Bottom