Where did you buy your first gun?

A Mossberg 500 at Lechmere Sales in Cambridge back in 1975. I think it was $59.99.
This trip down memory lane got me thinking so I came back with two more. My second shotgun was a Savage 12 gauge side by side that I bought at K-Mart. I followed that up with a S&W Model 1000 that I purchased at Ivanhoe's. I still have all three of them.

I can remember being 16 years old and my friends and I would walk to Roach's to buy our shotshells. I still kick myself for not buying a used 10 gauge that they had sitting around for years. Every time we went there I would pick it up and think what a great goose gun it would be. Eventually, someone else bought it.

Last edited:
A 2nd gen Glock 23 from Four Seasons in Woburn in 2004. I always knew I wanted a G23, and I put down money to hold it until my Class A LTC was ready. The day I got a call from the Woburn PD that my license was ready to be picked up, I made up a lame excuse to leave work, went to the police department to get my license, went into Four Seasons to pick up my Glock, and went directly to Mass Rifle to shoot. It was a great day!

And by the way, this is still probably my favorite and certainly my most reliable gun.

Bought my first gun, a Remington 742 rifle in 30-06 in the early 1970's at a place called, "The Fair" on Rt 20 (Mass) near where Rt 146 goes south. The building isn't even there any more. I think there's a sewage treatment plant in that area. They had a full sporting goods selection, including guns and reloading equipment. That's when I got started with reloading. The gun is still around.

1982, I bouth a Winchester 375 from JCPenny in Gardner (on law-a-way), picked it up the day before Christmas, and my dad had gotten ma a Ruger Service 6, 4 inch stainless 357. Both of which I'm happy to say I still have.

Bought my first gun, a Remington 742 rifle in 30-06 in the early 1970's at a place called, "The Fair" on Rt 20 (Mass) near where Rt 146 goes south. The building isn't even there any more. I think there's a sewage treatment plant in that area. They had a full sporting goods selection, including guns and reloading equipment. That's when I got started with reloading. The gun is still around.

I used to go to "The Fair" in Milford every Saturday morning with my mom after grocery shopping.

Back
Top Bottom