Where did you buy your first gun?

[crying]
Through the mail. A British Enfield 303 from Burma, I think it was. A case of 8 rifles broke down to about $15 apiece as I recall. But, many many brain cells have died since those days.

S&W MP9 at F our Seasons in march.... Love it !!! Just bought a KAHR MP9... Love it !!! Question: What is the best IWB holster for KAHR??? Thanks.

At K-Mart. Although it was back in the 80's, and was only a Daisy 880 pellet rifle (which I still have and shoots well), I did at the time need an FID card to purchase it. [wink][thinking]

So I thought I would add a pic... only issue is some marking on front strap rest of gun is mint I removed slide and looks like it was barely shot...
IMG00195-20100427-1916%281%29.jpg
bought from collector guns in stoneham.

Last edited:
I just bought my first firearm, a Ruger SR9C from Northshore firearms in Danvers MA. It was a great experience for me, as they we very friendly, happy to answer any question I had. I really fel like I bought the best item for my needs and will be a life long customer.

I was up early this morning. My eyes were still bleary so I bumped up the zoom on Internet Explorer so I could see, and the title of this thread for all the world looked like:

"Where did you bury your first gun?"

And I'm thinking to myself, "Like I would tell you that?!" Then the coffee kicked in. (and of course I remembered it was buy, not bury...)

I was up early this morning. My eyes were still bleary so I bumped up the zoom on Internet Explorer so I could see, and the title of this thread for all the world looked like:

"Where did you bury your first gun?"

And I'm thinking to myself, "Like I would tell you that?!" Then the coffee kicked in. (and of course I remembered it was buy, not bury...)
LMAO

My first was a Kahr E9 in 1996 (right after they first came out) from Dawson's Gun World in Annandale, VA (iirc). Sold the gun to fund my first wedding. Should have used it....nevermind ;)
Since then, I've bought guns in Arizona, Texas, Hawaii, and soon here (FtF this weekend).

And I still wish EVERY DAY that I had the Kahr back!!

Ruger 10/22 From Bob Smith's sporting goods, Downtown Boston 1986

Does anyone remember that place?

Sure do. I used to shop there in the late 1970s. I worked and went to grad school in Downtown Boston, so used to meander in there at lunchtime. They really weren't my kind of gun shop however.

Bersa .380 nickel finish at the Gun Garage in Swansea, MA ((actually that was my first pistol and it was given to me by the owner, my Uncle)).

The first pistol I bought was a S&W 686 from a Swansea Cop when they switched to semi's for $200 with all the holster gear!!

Those were the days........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mossberg 195k 3 shot mag, bolt action 12 ga. Sears ( I think ) 1964!! Got my first Pheasant with it and now I'm trying to find one to add to my collection!! I sold it, actually my Dad did when I was over sea's, any body know where one is I've been looking but no luck yet??? Joe

Back
Top Bottom