• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where did you buy your first gun?

Merlin Model 60 .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine in Yuma, AZ back around 1985. It was cheap, fairly accurate, and a lot of fun.

I got my first shotgun (bolt action 410) for Christmas when I was 12 years old in 1981 (still have it). First rifle was a Marlin .22 that I bought from Post Rd Guns in RI (sold that one). My first handgun was a Ruger Mark III 22/45 which I bought from C & F Guns in Middleboro on 4/6/10.

My first gun was a Mossberg 12 gauge that I bought at Hoffman's in Newington Ct. I bought it while waiting for my permit. My first pistol was a Walther P22 that I bought at Riverview Firearms in Windsor Ct.

Andy

My first gun purchase was in 1975, a Remington Model 742 semi auto in 30-06, from a now defunct department store called, "The Fair" which was in the Rt 20 area near where Rt 146 came up from Providence, RI. (Auburn?) . My best friend, Kicker96FS now owns the gun. It's got a lot of rounds down range, and still shoots sweet.

In fact, back in the day, I bought all my reloading gear and supplies from that same store.

My first gun purchase was in 1975, a Remington Model 742 semi auto in 30-06, from a now defunct department store called, "The Fair" which was in the Rt 20 area near where Rt 146 came up from Providence, RI. (Auburn?) . My best friend, Kicker96FS now owns the gun. It's got a lot of rounds down range, and still shoots sweet.

In fact, back in the day, I bought all my reloading gear and supplies from that same store.

Damn I miss that store. Even though I've never lived close to it, I used to shop there shortly after I bought my house. Never bought guns there, but did buy ammo and supplies. Just the other day I saw a "The Fair" price sticker on something down in my basement. <sigh> The "good old days".

My first was a Savage .270 w/scope combo from a Walmart in Mass 17 years ago. Had it for three years and never fired before selling it.

Sig P229 .40 S&W from four seasons, kick ass deal too. Sig, Sig paddle holster two spare mags, 100rds WWB and some cleaning supplies all for less than that gun retails for right now, will probably be heading back to Woburn for a S&W M&P15-22. Carl and Co. rock!

EDIT: also bought my fifth gun there, another Sig, and another sick deal. Starting to wish I lived closer.

Last edited:
Meriden Trading Post (Sile Distributors) in Meriden CT. in 1991. It was a Ruger Single Six .22 LR. Bought it on my 21st birthday.
Man I loved that gunshop. I wish I had the money I have now back then.

Back
Top Bottom