• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is one of your favorite absolute horrible trashy junk foods? Must be seriously unhealthy to qualify

Liverwurst on english muffins with mayo
I just took a liking to liverwurst last summer. My bil introduced me to it while we were visiting. It was a "where have you been all my life" moment. Now I buy it all the time for sandwiches. I prefer mine with pumpernickel bread, a thin smear of gouldens spicy brown and frew bread and butter pickle slices.

Last edited:
Plain old Fritos. The original corn chip. I love that your fingers and lips STING from the amount of salt in them. LOL

I eat them once a year. That's it.

Reese's PB Cups are another favorite. Probably more often. I consume many of them on Christmas and Easter. Otherwise, I never touch the things.
I'm the same way with reeses. Damn things are just delicious. I never buy them.... wife picks em up for the holidays and they are all gone by evening. 😁Durango?

I swear the best peanut butter to chocolate ratio is the eggs for Easter.

Last edited:
And Ford Rangers
Saw a meme the other day about the Ford ranger on a truck related fb page.

Basically

If you see a young man driving a Ford ranger don't mess with him.....he's just happy he has a truck. If you see an old man driving a Ford ranger don't mess with him either.....cuz he's mean as f***!

Plain old Fritos. The original corn chip. I love that your fingers and lips STING from the amount of salt in them. LOL
I was looking at the "nutritional information" on the bags in the rack at the pizza place. Fritos unbelievably enough, had LESS SALT than Doritos, and more than half of the potato chip varieties. I was astonished at this. Pick up the bags and read them.

I'll add:
cinnamon toast and OJ, mostly when I was a kid. I'd probably eat 6-8 of these on a Sunday morning, reading the comics.

I was looking at the "nutritional information" on the bags in the rack at the pizza place. Fritos unbelievably enough, had LESS SALT than Doritos, and more than half of the potato chip varieties. I was astonished at this. Pick up the bags and read them.
I'm shocked. Fritos hurt my tongue they're so salty

I just took a liking to liverwurst last summer. My bil introduced me to it while we were visiting. It was a "where have you been all my life" moment. Now I buy it all the time for sandwiches. I prefer mine with pumpernickel bread, a thin smear of gouldens spicy brown and frew bread and butter pickle slices.
this is the way.....

Fritos are excellent to keep in your ruck. They are easy to light and they burn like a candle. Plus they make good bait for rodent traps. Oh yeah, and you can eat them.....I guess.

I'm the same way with reeses. Damn things are just delicious. I never buy them.... wife picks em up for the holidays and they are all gone by evening.

I swear the best peanut butter to chocolate ratio is the eggs for Easter.
The trees at Christmas time are great also, but I'm going to agree with you that the eggs are the BEST!

Santoros, in Lowell, steak bomb at 2:00 in the morning after some serious drinking. You could literally pour the grease off them. So good.
It's still there? I had many sloppy late nite Santoro's back in the day.

Junk- Cadbury creme eggs. They're like 50 grams of sugar, and 200 calories. I could eat a dozen easy.

Ive probably mentioned this before, possibly in this very thread, but what was very eye opening for me was when I installed a step counter app on my phone that also estimates how many calories youre burning. 10-12K steps and youre burning like 400-500 calories. Now compare that to how many calories are in an average fast food meal or junk food snack and you start to understand why so many people have a problem with their weight. If you drank a 12oz Coke, you'd need to walk for 40 minutes just to get back to zero.

Ive probably mentioned this before, possibly in this very thread, but what was very eye opening for me was when I installed a step counter app on my phone that also estimates how many calories youre burning. 10-12K steps and youre burning like 400-500 calories. Now compare that to how many calories are in an average fast food meal or junk food snack and you start to understand why so many people have a problem with their weight. If you drank a 12oz Coke, you'd need to walk for 40 minutes just to get back to zero.
It's funny how many calories people think they burned working out compared to how many they actually burned working out, particularly those new to exercising and trying to lose weight.

A good example is after a 5K road race, people are stuffing their faces with pizza and bagels at the end of the race. Dude, you just ran 3 miles dressed like an elf and probably burned 300 calories!

As for junk foods, I saw someone mention Nutter Butters, which is definitely a weakness, but for some reason I have those Hostess Jumbo Honey Buns in my head. Damn, I may go to the gas station to grab one!! I'll make sure I walk though 😂

Have you had a giant frosted coffe roll from kanes??? Soooooo good. Also their glazed donuts are amazing
I can tell you they aren't what they used to be. I was in Saugus about 5 years ago. When and got 6 glazed and 6 grape filled and a coffee cake. Not even close to what it was. Most of my family went there every day for a coffee and donut in the morning before work in the 60's and 70's. Everyone loved loved their coffee. From the time I can remember unit the late 70's. I'd get 2 frosted and a chocolate milk when I went to work with him in the 70's. He was a Longshoreman in Chelsea. It was the best times in my life. My grandparents and aunts and uncles are all gone now. I miss them all. My grandmother would shop at Coglianos in Saugus for food. The lived a couple streets down. I guess I'm rambling. Kanes reminds me of the great family I had. Getting old is a horrible thing. I just have my memories now.

Donuts, there is no worse food in the world for the human body.

Specifically raised glazed and cinnamon rolls :)
I feel like swiss cake rolls are worse for a person but either way it's splitting hairs

If your ever in the deep deep south mississippi tn... ga..bama

Look for shipleys donuts

The donuts are tremendous

And they make these sausage things called kolaschs... to die for

Back
Top Bottom