Two Weapons, a Chase, a Killing and No Charges: A 25-year-old man running through a Georgia neighborhood ended up dead

Interesting video. If that that's what the shooter is basing his suspicion on I'd have to to say no way. The quality and clarity are way too poor to tell for certain who that was. And all it shows is a person walking into some open construction and looking around and then leaving. He wasn't carrying anything when he went in and wasn't when he came out (really tough to see his leaving, the video seems to be running at more than 1 second per a second at that time). I've done this myself checking out some construction when walking by.

Let's say that Black guy in the video is the one who was killed. Was he out for a jog? Probably, but what business does he have to go into a place under construction? None. Do I think he was looking for stuff to steal? Possibly, metal thieves are always casing construction sites for metal to cash in.

So, he doesn't see anything and he leaves. Trespassing? Yeah, is that worthy of an execution? No.

The father and son think he's a thief and think they're John Wayne, grab their guns and chase him down. They catch up to the suspect, suspect doesn't like the looks of this, and his first action is... fight with armed men? Um, normally you run away from the armed men, but for some reason in the Black man's mind everything must be "kept real" and you have to go ghetto when someone has beef with you.

That was literally the dumbest decision he could have made, but why am I not shocked a young, Black male made a dumb decision?

Now, that doesn't mean he should have been shot because that situation could have been avoided if Whitey and Son weren't openly carrying guns, and this is one reason why I do not recommend people open carry when they can conceal carry: because when you have a confrontation like this, the other side has reason to believe you're a deadly threat to them and it escalates a situation where the opposing side knows what you have and if a fight starts knows where to go for your gun.

If I'm in the dead guy's shoes and two armed guys stop me, I start to think this is a kidnapping, but if I was the guy who was in the house being constructed, then I know they have a right to ask me what I was doing their and that police are on their way to question me about that. If I wasn't the guy in the house, I really don't know what I'd do other than call police and tell me armed men are holding me against my will on Whatever Street in Anytown, USA. If I was armed tho and I knew I wasn't the guy they're looking for... that's a tough one. If they're pointing the gun at me, I'd deem that an imminent threat and use deadly force.

So, the whole situation revolves around the Dopey Duo displaying a gun for the sole reason to use against someone else in the event they become violent. Had they had a gun concealed on themselves or in the vehicle, that shows less intent to due harm and it doesn't give the Black victim a reason to fear for his safety and react violently.

Is this murder? IDK, if they had already decided to kill him (which is possible since they brought guns) it is. I think this is more a manslaughter case, both father and son get 5-10 yrs in prison, and whether they are found guilty on manslaughter they are absolutely guilty of assault because the brandishing of arms is an aggravating circumstance.

The father and son think he's a thief and think they're John Wayne, grab their guns and chase him down. They catch up to the suspect, suspect doesn't like the looks of this, and his first action is... fight with armed men? Um, normally you run away from the armed men, but for some reason in the Black man's mind everything must be "kept real" and you have to go ghetto when someone has beef with you.

....That was literally the dumbest decision he could have made, but why am I not shocked a young, Black male made a dumb decision?

Before you invent any further racist stories, reading the initial police report might be good idea. And looking at the map.

A8924C60-738A-4831-AC28-109E1DA72E7A.jpeg B6EA6FBE-CC9E-4C87-9BDB-B01DD66F1725.jpeg

Last edited:
They catch up to the suspect, suspect doesn't like the looks of this, and his first action is... fight with armed men?

It wasn’t. They attempted to stop him before and he turned around and ran away. They then continued to chase after him.

Edit: garandman beat me to it.

T-Unit, you said...

"...but for some reason in the Black man's mind everything must be "kept real" and you have to go ghetto when someone has beef with you."

What is the basis of your rationale about the "Black man's mind"?
My basis is this shit happens all the time. When is the last time you saw or heard of a Black guy walking away from a potentially bad situation as a means to avoid it?

My basis is this shit happens all the time. When is the last time you saw or heard of a Black guy walking away from a potentially bad situation as a means to avoid it?

Holy ravioli, Batman! Not even trying to be subtle.

There's a word I'm looking for here. It's right at the tip of my tongue. Someone help me out here.

Wow.

Once again, I never thought I'd say this: thank god for video in this day and age.

I don't give a damn what the kid did; those a-holes in the pickup were 100% responsible for his death.

Is that really what you are going with? Facts don't support your position so now we are just resorting to making shit up completely? You don't even actually believe that! If you do, then well....
We don't really know the facts, it's witnesses and suspects stories against each others and no one is under oath.

We don't really know the facts, it's witnesses and suspects stories against each others and no one is under oath.

No, it's not. The guy is dead. It's literally only the stories of the shooters themselves. So now your position is to not believe them and instead invent a story not even they are telling in order to try and justify their actions? JFC.

Holy ravioli, Batman! Not even trying to be subtle.

There's a word I'm looking for here. It's right at the tip of my tongue. Someone help me out here.
Two syllables?

Got a C in the middle?
Hey dipshits, I didn't say that the two White guys aren't guilty, they are it just depends on what degree or murder or manslaughter. My point is the the victim acted aggressively when he shouldn't have because for some reason the overwhelming majority of young, Black men act aggressively in these types of situations.

I know this one video doesn't represent all Black men, but it goes to show how instead of walking away, their response is escalate a situation.

No, it's not. The guy is dead. It's literally only the stories of the shooters themselves. So now your position is to not believe them and instead invent a story not even they are telling in order to try and justify their actions? JFC.
Where did I say that? I said it's an interesting legal argument and gave reasons as to why. Did you even read the rest of my post after the second paragraph?

Hey dipshits, I didn't say that the two White guys aren't guilty...for some reason the overwhelming majority of young, Black men act aggressively in these types of situations.

No, you didn't. You did say that black guys don't walk away from potential altercations. Because all black guys are criminals who have to fight, apparently.

No, you didn't. You did say that black guys don't walk away from potential altercations. Because all black guys are criminals who have to fight, apparently.
I didn't say "all Black guys are criminals" I said they're tendency is to avoid de-escalating situations. In this instance did the victim yell for help? No. Did he call 911? No. Did he attempt to run after shotgun man got out of the truck? No.

If shotgun man shoots him while he tries to flee, that's murder, open and shut case. Instead victim lunges for his gun. Why give shotgun man excuse to shoot you?

Hey dipshits, I didn't say that the two White guys aren't guilty, they are it just depends on what degree or murder or manslaughter. My point is the the victim acted aggressively when he shouldn't have because for some reason the overwhelming majority of young, Black men act aggressively in these types of situations.

I know this one video doesn't represent all Black men, but it goes to show how instead of walking away, their response is escalate a situation.

This stuff isn't so much of skin color as socioeconomics. Do this in Fall River, New Bedford, Lowell or any of the other shitty cities in Mass and you might not have the chance to show them your meat

That's much better video, I'll take it as given, that it is the victim. I would really like to see the complete video, but on this he isn't taking anything, just looking around. I've done the exact same thing, more than once, checking out the new construction. Technically might be trespassing, not sure with no sign and no one telling him to leave. But unless there is a lot more to it, I don't see anything affecting the situation.

Correct. You generalized that most do that. I feel there is a term for making negative generalizations based on race, but it's slipping my mind presently.
Okay, you're right, bit of a generalization, but do you not agree that the victim acted aggressively at a time when instead he could have not initiated contact with shotgun man and instead continued to flee upon seeing the guy had a gun?

Back
Top Bottom