Two Weapons, a Chase, a Killing and No Charges: A 25-year-old man running through a Georgia neighborhood ended up dead

You're actually asking that with a straight face, as if being a Georgia cop and a "redneck idiot yahoo" are mutually exclusive?
Redneck is either a derogatory term used for low-class white people, southern white people in general, or originally "no-collar" workers who happen to be white and get a sunburned neck working outdoors. I'd say a professional investigator who spends two decades wearing a suit and tie, investigating crimes and then effectively acting as a professional witness on the matter of investigations and their findings, is by definition not a "redneck". But more to my point was the statement that he would not be "bad at investigating" or lacking the ability to investigate being that he has more training and experience in the matter than 99.99999% of people.

I don't see any element of racial animus in this case except for the commentary from outside it... and "redneck" is a racially loaded word which isn't accurate here. "Thug" has become a loaded word in the same way, so I've held off using it for the most part in recent years, but it's one the first words that comes to mind based on the behavior of someone who has piles of priors for illegal guns, shoplifting, theft, is on tape trespassing, stealing, and doing B&Es, then tries to beat down someone who confronts him on it.

No, I mean after he WAS attacked.
The burglar was not attacked - he charged a man with a gun from at least 20 feet away, having run towards him from what looks like a further 50+ feet. He attacked the man. The man did not attack him.

Last edited:
Blocking a road with your truck while one guy stands next to it with a long gun and another stands in the bed with a handgun sounds very rednecky to me.

They guy was standing on the driver side. The dead guy ran around the passenger side. The camera moves and both are out of frame and when back in frame they are at the front of the truck.

Your statement that it was the unarmed dead guy who attacked the armed guy is disingenuous at best. The armed guy, who was clearly looking for a confrontation in the first place, moved from the along side the truck to in front of it towards the dead guy.

Dead guy had only two options.

Keep running and hope he doesn’t get shot in the back.

Fight back.

The burglar was not attacked - he charged a man with a gun from at least 20 feet away, having run towards him from what looks like a further 50+ feet. He attacked the man. The man did not attack him.
Now you've gone from misrepresenting what happened on the video that we've all seen, to outright lying about it.

Frizzle Fry,

You said: "I'd say a professional investigator who spends two decades wearing a suit and tie, investigating crimes and then effectively acting as a professional witness on the matter of investigations and their findings, is by definition not a "redneck".

But, could that "professional investigator" -- even if he wore a suit and acted the way you said-- nonetheless be biased?

Now you've gone from misrepresenting what happened on the video that we've all seen, to outright lying about it.

Watch the video.

Does the video not show the burglar running towards the stationary truck from about 50 feet away?

It does.

From the time we first see the stationary vehicle he crosses the distance of several car lengths, in the direction of the vehicle. He clearly ran further than that from what's seen on the film, but there's no way of telling how long the vehicle had been stationary prior to it being seen on the recording... It's likely it was stopped longer given that the driver had exited and climbed into the bed, and the passenger is first seen standing next to the driver door. But I'm going off what is clearly visible in the video.

Does the video not show the burglar running beyond the passenger side of the truck and off the road, then turning and charging at the man?

It does.

The man was standing with his foot on the center line of the road when attacked, to the left of the nose of the truck. A full size pickup truck is typically 7 to 8 feet wide. A single lane of a paved residential road is typically 12 feet wide (or greater) and it can be observed to be AT LEAST 12 feet wide wide based on the position of the open truck door with regards to the center line, and the trucks position in the lane. The burglar turned to charge the man when he was several feet off the road - on the grass - and crossed the front of the vehicle and the traffic lane to attack the man. Could the burglars charge toward the man he attacked be as little as 16 feet? Maybe. As much as 24 feet? Maybe. But the burglar certainly wasn't "close" when he started charging at the man.

Frizzle Fry,

You said: "I'd say a professional investigator who spends two decades wearing a suit and tie, investigating crimes and then effectively acting as a professional witness on the matter of investigations and their findings, is by definition not a "redneck".

But, could that "professional investigator" -- even if he wore a suit and acted the way you said-- nonetheless be biased?

I said that in reference to doubts that he "was good at investigating" and statements that he was "a redneck". A white collar or a police uniform do not a redneck make, unless you're using a racial pejorative. An experienced professional investigator is probably better at investigating than most people. That's why I made that statement - nothing more.

With regards to bias, I suppose ANYONE could be biased, on a variety of factors and facets, but there's nothing here to demonstrate or even suggest racial bias on the part of anyone other than those proposing it. Have you got anything other than "one guy was black and one guy was white" to even suggest that racial bias was a factor?

Last edited:
If intentionally misrepresenting things is going to be a theme in this thread, is it okay to say that Frizzle Fry is a racist who supports the murder of black people? Or am I not misrepresenting that enough?

If intentionally misrepresenting things is going to be a theme in this thread, is it okay to say that Frizzle Fry is a racist who supports the murder of black people? Or am I not misrepresenting that enough?

Oh look one of the residents leftist decides I'm a racist for not believing there's racism in a case where there's not even the barest hint of it.

Please tell me, what is MY race?

He was seen on video stealing the gun.
Dude, the video was of him walking around inside some open construction, something I've done myself when out for a walk.
The gun was stolen 2 month prior.

In a neighborhood that was having a burglary problem for the past couple months.
ONE reported burglary 2 months prior.

Well one of them was a professional investigator for the DAs office for 20 years, and a police officer for a further 7 years... Typical "redneck idiot yahoo"?

Well 20 years in LE, that settles it, no way he could do anything wrong........ wait wasn't the Framingham cop who was stealing cash from the department also LE for 20 years. and that LT who lied on his LTC application, he's pushing 20 years too. Ya but 20 years LE automatically makes you a good guy. (not saying there aren't good cops, just saying it isn't a given)

The man who was shot exercised his right to stand and fight. Sure, he was unarmed, but he made his decision to resist. He had no chance of surviving it but I salute his will to not back down.

Look, the police have said again this morning that there hadn't been any reports of active burglaries in that area in about 2 months or so.

Both felt that they had the right to stand their ground. They both can't be right so if your belief turned out to be wrong you can't simply shrug your shoulders and say oh well.

Actions have legal consequences and that is what will now have to be determined in the courts.

You start the altercation, you can’t claim self defense. One or both were some way associated with law inforcement. Should have known better. In the 911 call they didn’t even know what street they were on.
red neck to the core.

I wonder if the "chase em down" and "I can do this, I am in charge" mentality was left over from the older individuals days as a police officer. He may have just done what comes naturally to someone who has experienced decades of immunity and the assumption that he is the good guy in any conflict.

Last edited:
If you were out running let's say through Framingham and a couple of Brazilian gang-looking guys in an old SUV cut you off with their vehicle and threatened you with a shotgun, what would you do? Not enough evidence in this case to really say what the hell was going on, and the so-called perp is dead so there's only one story. Clear evidence on tape would settle the conjecture from any direction.

I think a few years ago there was a thread very much like this one, and it turned into a big sh!t show on the forum. Of course for us that could be any given day, LOL.

Couple of years ago, me and my buddy co worker were driving in Framingham in an SUV with uncle Sam’s plates behind this blacked out fancy Range Rover. We stop at the lights behind them, lights turn green they start moving and all of a sudden they come to a full stop (we almost hit them) and the passenger gets out and runs to our drivers side (I was the passenger) yelling turtles on the road. Both me and my buddy did the same thing instantly both armed and looked at each other and said “today it’s not the day”. We both thought ambush....point being there isn’t much thinking but mostly instinct at that conjecture.

Couple of years ago, me and my buddy co worker were driving in Framingham in an SUV with uncle Sam’s plates behind this blacked out fancy Range Rover. We stop at the lights behind them, lights turn green they start moving and all of a sudden they come to a full stop (we almost hit them) and the passenger gets out and runs to our drivers side (I was the passenger) yelling turtles on the road. Both me and my buddy did the same thing instantly both armed and looked at each other and said “today it’s not the day”. We both thought ambush....point being there isn’t much thinking but mostly instinct at that conjecture.

Yes, but in that moment there was enough time to ultimately know it wasn't time to hit the go button.

Violent criminal felon known to the 2 men.

McMichael, 64, a former Glynn County cop who worked as an investigator in the Brunswick DA’s office, helped prosecute Arbery in the past, Barnhill said.

McMichael claimed to cops he recognized Arbery from surveillance video capturing a recent burglary in his mostly white neighborhood — and that he intended to make a citizen’s arrest, the paper reported.

The NY Post Article referred to an Atlanta Constitution article with more detail.

That same page on NY Post refers to another derived AJC aricle, stating that officers on the scene wanted to arrest the McMichaels.

Lol... i have't read anything about this, but some quality memes coming out.
View attachment 355558
Racist AF. From the video the guy appears to have running shoes on and is open handed.

This whole burglary justification is far-fetched as is the “Citizen’s Arrest.”

Racist AF. From the video the guy appears to have running shoes on and is open handed.

This whole burglary justification is far-fetched as is the “Citizen’s Arrest.”

If it helps, my actual opinion is that he was probably a shitbag up to no good AND they are probably racists with murder boners. Ill see if I can find some racist white memes about them, but the alt-left sucks at memes

Initial police report: per article above, on-scene officers thought they had probable cause for arrest but were prevented by the DA.

And a map of the area. It’s a loop. According to the 4/26 NYT article, it’s “...a short jog from Mr. Arbery’s neighborhood.”

These references don’t prove anything, just trying to get as many facts as possible. They’re saying it will be a while until a trial.

. 8BA32DD1-817F-439D-A8CC-DA2452B6F490.jpeg

Last edited:
Of course, but for the average person going about their business might not be though. The “thinking” line becomes very, very narrow.

I'm straying a little from the topic but there's some pretty cool 'simunitions' type training out there that does a pretty good job of getting you amped up about shooting situations until they throw in a 'no-go' that started off looking like a 'go'. Most students pull the trigger and 'kill' an innocent the first time they throw that into the training.

Back
Top Bottom