Two Weapons, a Chase, a Killing and No Charges: A 25-year-old man running through a Georgia neighborhood ended up dead

I gotta say charging the armed man and trying to take away their shotgun seems like a really, really good idea to me.
I probably wouldn't turn in a completely different direction and try to run away.
And never, ever, in a million years, would I pull out my phone (assuming I had one) and call the police saying I'm being chased and illegally detained, then stop at a distance, keep my hands in sight, and back away if need be to keep distance, until the police showed up. If I had no phone I absolutely would not request they call the police. Nope. Not ever.

The MM boys see you reaching for and pull out what’s obviously a gun (your phone) and shoot you to death.

This wasn’t a B&E more likely a trespass, you can’t even get squatters out of a unoccupied dwelling without court intervention.

Now evidence has come out that the older suspect did call 911 to report a break-in during the weeks prior to the incident. Like every one of these stories the truth is slowly going to come out while virtue-signaling and pearl-clutching white people say how they are one of the "good ones".

Now evidence has come out that the older suspect did call 911 to report a break-in during the weeks prior to the incident. Like every one of these stories the truth is slowly going to come out while virtue-signaling and pearl-clutching white people say how they are one of the "good ones".

If these white guys are found not guilty, are you going to feel better about a dude needlessly being killed and all of the families involved being destroyed?

None of McMichaels' prior 911 calls has a damn thing to do with what happened THAT DAY. To effect a citizens' arrest, he needed to have witnessed an actual crime by that actual guy. Is your "new evidence" showing that?

I've noticed a trend in this thread: almost the only people bringing up race are the ones accusing other posters of reverse racism that, from my reading, just isn't there. It's almost like you wish you saw it. One more time, using small words: I do not care what race any of these people are or were. I'm not anti-black or anti-white or anti-polka dots. I am anti-"getting impeded and shot on the streets." That, I'll cop to.

Was the vic a choirboy? Nope, and nobody's pretending he was. But at that time, on that day, should he have been pursued by armed men and gunned down? Nope.

It doesn't matter if the guy broke into 42 houses a month ago, and even if he is a 110% scumbag. Within the context of the events that happened, it's pretty likely his homicide that day was
not legal. The law doesn't say "well, none of this matters if the dead guy is a scumbag".

Like if I marched down the street a block or two and killed the multiple child rape convicted diddler, many would argue I did the world a great service, but in the eyes of the law I would go to
prison for murder, and "cuz the dead guy is a piece of shit" isn't a legal defense.

-Mike

If these white guys are found not guilty, are you going to feel better about a dude needlessly being killed and all of the families involved being destroyed?

No IDGAF either way. Facts are facts and virtue signaling is virtue signaling. If the dude was raised to be rifling through other peoples stuff a couple times a week, while "joggin", sounds to me like the family already sucks. The jogging story is something only white people from white towns believe, change my mind. I grew up in Brockton, every street thug can whip up a story like that in an instant and I've watched many a dopey cracker fall for it.

He could have run the other way, through a side yard, anywhere but around a truck and right at a guy with a gun. Is that when you would start trying to talk it out with him? Even if they yelled out "Stop there Mr. N*****R", you know like all "non-racist" northerners always assume every southerner talks, once its 2 guys fighting over a gun, what do you do?

It doesn't matter if the guy broke into 42 houses a month ago, and even if he is a 110% scumbag. Within the context of the events that happened, it's pretty likely his homicide that day was
not legal. The law doesn't say "well, none of this matters if the dead guy is a scumbag".

Like if I marched down the street a block or two and killed the multiple child rape convicted diddler, many would argue I did the world a great service, but in the eyes of the law I would go to
prison for murder, and "cuz the dead guy is a piece of shit" isn't a legal defense.

-Mike

Yea yea yea, check back in another week when we find out he has some sealed juvy record for 10 B & E's & violent assault or something. I'm sorry but you guys are pearl-clutching on early info which ALWAYS changes.

Yea yea yea, check back in another week when we find out he has some sealed juvy record for 10 B & E's & violent assault or something. I'm sorry but you guys are pearl-clutching on early info which ALWAYS changes.

That still doesn't matter either. You still can't chase someone down the street, and then escalate a confrontation with them and then kill them, and THEN claim
self defense. Only cops can legally get away with that stuff,, and even then, only under a very distinct set of circumstances. Even if this guy had broke into
one of retard twins house a week ago, chasing the guy down still isn't legal. (Note- I'm not talking morality here, just legal terms).

Look most people here likely are not fans of Trayvon(squared). This whole thing is f***ing stupid- and frankly it would be better off for america if all 3 of them had killed each other
dead right there, then we wouldn't have to listen to 6 months of virtue signaling about it. [laugh]

-Mike

I've noticed a trend in this thread: almost the only people bringing up race are the ones accusing other posters of reverse racism that, from my reading, just isn't there. It's almost like you wish you saw it. One more time, using small words: I do not care what race any of these people are or were. I'm not anti-black or anti-white or anti-polka dots. I am anti-"getting impeded and shot on the streets." That, I'll cop to.

Its not 2000, you don't have to put these disclaimers in posts anymore. Notice how I don't bother? That's because I'm not a virtue-signaler. You sound like my old Democrat neighbor who has to tell me "he isn't racist because he voted for Obama the 1st time " . I brought up the race of the pearl-clutchers because its always the same.

That still doesn't matter either. You still can't chase someone down the street, and then escalate a confrontation with them and then kill them, and THEN claim
self defense. Only cops can legally get away with that stuff,, and even then, only under a very distinct set of circumstances. Even if this guy had broke into
one of retard twins house a week ago, chasing the guy down still isn't legal. (Note- I'm not talking morality here, just legal terms).

Look most people here likely are not fans of Trayvon(squared). This whole thing is f***ing stupid- and frankly it would be better off for america if all 3 of them had killed each other
dead right there, then we wouldn't have to listen to 6 months of virtue signaling about it. [laugh]

-Mike

/thread.

I have no idea why anyone is still trying to justify this kid being killed.

-Mike

So now a criminal history wouldn't matter? Who are the ones projecting here? I suppose the pearl-clutchers know he only wished to disarm the redneck like Jackie Chan would? If prior records or incidents don't matter then chasing the suspect doesn't matter and we can only view this situation from the point of when Ahmaud grabbed the gun. From there on its 2 guys wrestling over a gun. What would you do? Would you say: you know my actions might not be right here, I'm going to give him the gun and see what he does?

If prior records or incidents don't matter then chasing the suspect doesn't matter

Lol, sorry, but that's not how laws work. You don't get to take out the playskool kit and rewire them to fit your worldview.

and we can only view this situation from the point of when Ahmaud grabbed the gun. From there on its 2 guys wrestling over a gun. What would you do? Would you say: you know my actions might not be right here, I'm going to give him the gun and see what he does?

Not sure if serious, how they "got there" is definitely relevant- because that's almost always a huge determining factor in self defense. You can't initiate, then escalate a confrontation and
then claim "self defense" because it went badly. In most cases, that doesn't fly, legally.

In most states, things like "citizens arrest" are bracketed very tightly. As in like "you're allowed to arrest someone because you saw the guy just shoot someone in the face or commit a violent
act". A suspicious guy trespassing somewhere likely isn't going to fit within the scope of what would constitute a lawful citizens arrest.

-Mike

Lol, sorry, but that's not how laws work. You don't get to take out the playskool kit and rewire them to fit your worldview.

Not sure if serious, how they "got there" is definitely relevant- because that's almost always a huge determining factor in self defense. You can't initiate, then escalate a confrontation and
then claim "self defense" because it went badly. In most cases, that doesn't fly, legally.

In most states, things like "citizens arrest" are bracketed very tightly. As in like "you're allowed to arrest someone because you saw the guy just shoot someone in the face or commit a violent
act". A suspicious guy trespassing somewhere likely isn't going to fit within the scope of what would constitute a lawful citizens arrest.

-Mike

Then how did we get to 2 people chasing him? Why does prior info only matter to a point with you? Are you saying the rednecks are like dogs and anyone "jogging" past their house they run out at, and this one just happened to attack them? Why do the prior actions of only 1 party matter?

No IDGAF either way. Facts are facts and virtue signaling is virtue signaling. If the dude was raised to be rifling through other peoples stuff a couple times a week, while "joggin", sounds to me like the family already sucks. The jogging story is something only white people from white towns believe, change my mind. I grew up in Brockton, every street thug can whip up a story like that in an instant and I've watched many a dopey cracker fall for it.

He could have run the other way, through a side yard, anywhere but around a truck and right at a guy with a gun. Is that when you would start trying to talk it out with him? Even if they yelled out "Stop there Mr. N*****R", you know like all "non-racist" northerners always assume every southerner talks, once its 2 guys fighting over a gun, what do you do?

Facts are facts. This dude was killed. If arguing the legal justification of this killing, this black guys history and your experience in the mean streets of Brockton means nothing. Stop clutching your pearls and searching for a justification for this.

Facts are facts. This dude was killed. If arguing the legal justification of this killing, this black guys history and your experience in the mean streets of Brockton means nothing. Stop clutching your pearls and searching for a justification for this.

I never made any justification of any killing, you are projecting, hard to read the posts through your pearls I see. I'm just not a fan of watching all of you fall for the Trayvon thing all over again. Here is another case where both parties are idiots and 1 idiot ended up dead. Then here come the white people to say how minorities can't do some simple task("jogging"), which isn't even close to the whole story.

Then how did we get to 2 people chasing him? Why does prior info only matter to a point with you? Are you saying the rednecks are like dogs and anyone "jogging" past their house they run out at, and this one just happened to attack them? Why do the prior actions of only 1 party matter?

The pursuit was a part of the act that resulted in his death.

His prior record was not.

The author is a Law Professor at U Alabama.

I have no idea what side he's coming down on because I shut it down after his first sentence. If we're gonna talk about "deserve" I'm done. An attorney laying out a cogent argument don't need to talk about who "deserves" to live there. That's for a jury.

I never made any justification of any killing, you are projecting, hard to read the posts through your pearls I see. I'm just not a fan of watching all of you fall for the Trayvon thing all over again. Here is another case where both parties are idiots and 1 idiot ended up dead. Then here come the white people to say how minorities can't do some simple task("jogging"), which isn't even close to the whole story.

I can't wait for us to find out the dude killed was thug and watch all the told-you-so zimmermaning and Ferguson high-fiving that will flood this page. Mean while, there are 2 families being dragged through the shit over this and one dude is dead, but yeah lets start a Dindu shame party with no actual facts other then 3 dudes met that day and one is dead.

And the running full tilt at and grabbing at the gun was the final act that resulted in his death.
Dude, he ran around a truck and was confronted with a guy standing in front of it with a shotgun. The first of three shots was fired before the two came back in the camera's view. This looks entirely like the guy in front of the truck moved from the driver side across the front for the purpose of cutting off Arbery's path of egress and when Arbery became aware of the situation it was too late to try to flee.

Last edited:
And the running full tilt at and grabbing at the gun was the final act that resulted in his death.

I would argue that the final act resulting in death was the man deciding to pull the trigger.

No, actually, wait. Perhaps it was him pumping the shotgun and pulling the trigger. Again.

No, actually, I'm wrong again. Maybe it was him choosing to pump the shotgun yet again, then pull the trigger a third time. Yeah, that's it.

I would argue that the final act resulting in death was the man deciding to pull the trigger.

No, actually, wait. Perhaps it was him pumping the shotgun and pulling the trigger. Again.

No, actually, I'm wrong again. Maybe it was him choosing to pump the shotgun yet again, then pull the trigger a third time. Yeah, that's it.
Do you not shoot until the threat is neutralized?

Dude, he ran around a truck and was confronted with a guy standing in front of it with a shotgun. The first of three shots was fired before the two came back in the camera's view. This looks entirely like the guy in front of the truck moved from the driver side across the front for the purpose of cutting off Arbery's path of egress and when Arbery became aware of the situation it was too late to try to flee.
Except in the video intial contact happened on the drivers side front of the truck, where the runner ran to meet the driver.
And in the video you cannot tell when the first shot was fired.....

Back
Top Bottom