• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Two Weapons, a Chase, a Killing and No Charges: A 25-year-old man running through a Georgia neighborhood ended up dead

Unlawful shooting, resulting in death aka.. Murder. Plain and simple, based on the facts that have been given to the public.

Yes, Ahmaud was on video entering an unconstructed home, which can be perceived as "trespassing" but, was it? Georgia law states the following:
(1) Enters upon the land or premises of another person or into any part of any vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person for an unlawful purpose;
(2) Enters upon the land or premises of another person or into any part of any vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person after receiving, prior to such entry, notice from the owner, rightful occupant, or, upon proper identification, an authorized representative of the owner or rightful occupant that such entry is forbidden; or
(3) Remains upon the land or premises of another person or within the vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person after receiving notice from the owner, rightful occupant, or, upon proper identification, an authorized representative of the owner or rightful occupant to depart.

In order for someone to commit CRIMINAL TRESPASS, the three things above need to be met. Yet, none of them were met.

We have no evidence that shows Arbery was on that property for an unlawful purpose. The owner of the unconstructed home stated they believed nothing was stolen. Arbery could have been simply looking at the unconstructed home, like so MANY people do. It is not uncommon to check out an unconstructed home, especially if you are in the market to buy a home. Second, Arbery was never issued a notice of trespass, no signs posted, there were no gates, or fences. Therefore he was not trespassing. Listen to the 911 call, caller states "it's all open, its under construction". Third, no one ever told Arbery to leave, he left on his own willing when he saw the neighbors outside. Yes that's sketchy, but not a crime. Therefore, Arbery did not trespass, did not commit burglary, and did not commit any other crime.

The McMichaels, are using "Citizens Arrest / Self Defense" as their legal defense for murdering Arbery. Georgia law states "A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion." Based on the videos the public has been provided, Arbery did not commit any crime inside the home. Therefore, McMichaels have no justification to make a citizens arrest. The McMichaels only saw one thing, a black male running/jogging down the street, which is not a crime. The McMichaels only had knowledge of past incidents, and a broad description of a possible suspect, so they figured, "well black male running in the street, must mean he is the offender". They did not have any knowledge of an IMMEDIATE crime, as the law states. "Within his immediate knowledge".

Arbery did not break any laws, did not commit any crimes. Therefore, the McMichaels were not justified in blocking the road, holding a shotgun/firearm, and attempting a citizens arrest, since Arbery did not commit any crimes. So, by that, the McMichaels are the initial aggressors, giving Arbery the right to use lethal force to defend his life. Arbery had grounds to STAND HIS GROUND, as someone was standing in his path attempting to imprison him. Was it a bad idea to run right at someone with a firearm? Most definitely, but not a crime.

Being black is not a crime, being black and running/jogging doesn't mean you have committed a crime. I'm not saying that the McMichaels killed Arbery because he is black, but simply stating that a black individual running doesn't mean they are running from the police or from an area where they just committed a crime.

Anyone who defends the actions of the McMichaels, must not understand the letter of the law. Gregory was not a LEO, therefore, he is a civilian, just like Arbery. Have concerns a crime might have been committed, call 911, provide all the information you have to dispatcher, let active sworn police officers handle the situation. This is the problem with civilians thinking they can do the policing themselves. Similar to the Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman case. Civilians need to be civilians, cops need to be the cops.

Last edited:
My favorite part of this thread, along with every other thread on the innerwebz about this incident: the people who insist that we must "wait for the facts!", are the quickest to present "facts" that aren't.

Look, I get it: the media are quick to present every incident as White Man Bad, Dindoo Innocent. But just every now and then, we have to open our minds, and our own eyes, and believe what we actually see.

My favorite part of this thread, along with every other thread on the innerwebz about this incident: the people who insist that we must "wait for the facts!", are the quickest to present "facts" that aren't.

Look, I get it: the media are quick to present every incident as White Man Bad, Dindoo Innocent. But just every now and then, we have to open our minds, and our own eyes, and believe what we actually see.

Amazing if you typed both of those paragraphs with a straight face.

No reports of anything ever being stolen, oh no POLICE reports of anything being stolen:

Barnhill argued in his recusal letter that the McMichaels had “solid first hand probable cause” that Arbery was a burglary suspect. Barnhill did not elaborate on what that probable cause was or how he’d reached that conclusion, although two thefts had occurred in the neighborhood in the first two months of the year. One was a theft of $2,500 worth of fishing equipment from English’s property, which he said he didn’t report to police but confirmed to The Daily Beast. The second report was of the theft of a 9mm handgun from Travis McMichael’s unlocked truck, which was first obtained by the Brunswick News.

Now its revealed that English, the video surveilance homeowner, did exactly what the cops told him to do and contact Mcmichaels, "day or night" if he spotted someone on his camera again.

New pictures seem to show a text exchange between an officer from Glynn County Police Department and Larry English, the owner of a construction site where the gunmen claim Arbery was trespassing at before his death, according to TMZ

In the message, 'Officer Rash' encourages English to contact ex-cop Gregory McMichael 'day or night' if motion-activated cameras show anyone on his property, rather than contacting the police.

Those pearls are getting harder and harder to hold onto. We need MOAR NES SJW virtue signaling on this one. The one saying no one should jump to conclusions on info but then says we have to believe what we see is my favorite so far. [rofl] [rofl]

No reports of anything ever being stolen, oh no POLICE reports of anything being stolen:

Now its revealed that English, the video surveilance homeowner, did exactly what the cops told him to do and contact Mcmichaels, "day or night" if he spotted someone on his camera again.

Those pearls are getting harder and harder to hold onto. We need MOAR NES SJW virtue signaling on this one. The one saying no one should jump to conclusions on info but then says we have to believe what we see is my favorite so far. [rofl] [rofl]

I've read this several times and I'm not sure how it does anything to make it okay that they shot him.

What's changed? Sure, it makes the po-po partly responsible, and it emphasizes the degree to which McMichaels was incestuously wired into the local power structure. But it's hardly news that small-town PDs are corrupt and incompetent, I would think.

I've read this several times and I'm not sure how it does anything to make it okay that they shot him.

What's changed? Sure, it makes the po-po partly responsible, and it emphasizes the degree to which McMichaels was incestuously wired into the local power structure. But it's hardly news that small-town PDs are corrupt and incompetent, I would think.

Nothings changed other than there were thefts in the area and the police told the homeowner to call the Mcmichaels. Looks like you are still clinging to the whole narrative of "2 good ole boys hunting N*****s for jogging"?

Nothings changed other than there were thefts in the area and the police told the homeowner to call the Mcmichaels. Looks like you are still clinging to the whole narrative of "2 good ole boys hunting N*****s for jogging"?

It's always so amusing when you put words in my mouth.

I'll choose to turn that around and ask a question. You are armed, you do not know if I am armed or my intent. I run at you and attempt to take your gun away. What do you do?

You can't mean that if the scenario stated and I was:

A) sitting in my living room.

B) sitting on my front porch.

C) standing in the middle of the street after chasing the guy

the outcome would be the exact same, do you???

I'd not get into C because that's where the morons live. It's where GOB's who dream about drawing down live. It's where internet commandos who think they are "sheepdogs" live. It's where alleged theft of property is greater than human life.

A scenario:

300 lb guy, straddling a 100 lb woman in parking lot

looks like the aggressor is the male

you going to get involved and save her ?

what you didn’t see before was the woman was beating on the guy, he was just trying to subdue
her till the police arrived

you don’t know the whole story, till you know the whole story

there are three sides to every story

his story
her story
and the TRUTH
[popcorn]

A scenario:

what you didn’t see before was the woman was beating on the guy, he was just trying to subdue

his story
her story
and the TRUTH
[popcorn]
Playing captain save a ho is dumber than going n****r hunting on video.

The pistol theft was months earlier and referred to earlier in the thread. The other theft has been hinted at for quite some time. Clearly Arbery wasn't stealing anything when being chased.
The only thing that changed is the police told the homeowner to call McMichael. How does this help him?

I loved the fact that people brought up McMichael being connected to the police like that was automatically a positive. When I lived in the South, I went to school with the son of the local sheriff. Everyone knew who could get away with murder.

The video and maps show it as heavily wooded. Plenty of C&C. Since he could evade and was not cornered in your scenario it would have been a bad shoot in MA. You have an obligation to flee here, unfortunately.
He did flee, unsuccessfully. I chased and was chased through similar woods as a kid. You can hide if you get a 10 minute head start. If someone's chasing you the advantage is on them because it's easier to follow the track/sound than plot your course. And even if you outpace the guy behind you, you what? Re-enter the road and run into the two in front. That's the problem with a peninsula. I lived on one.

In MA Arbery actually has a stronger case to shoot because just them having the long guns out is illegal and threatening.

A scenario:

his story
her story
and the TRUTH
[popcorn]
OK I'll play.
I didn't see the lead up, according to you, so the rapid part of the encounter is over.
Is he pinning her down, or beating her unconscious body? Makes a big difference. Since you didn't say, I'll go with the former.
I approach from behind and to the side, his left if possible (most people are right handed so this is more likely to be his weak side).
I don't need to charge in because he has her pinned, not beating her, and I'm close enough that I can change what I'm doing if the situation changes.
So I start asking questions. The guy tells me his story and that the popo are on the way (I've already called 911 anyway).
The woman says he attacked her.
With my left hand on the man's left shoulder, with just a little more than casual pressure (trying to keep him using his left hand for balance, and giving me a physical indication if he starts to get aggressive). I tell them to both take it easy, the popo are on the way, we'll get this all straightened out.
Now if the man is telling the truth he's probably going to be OK with this, and the woman won't be, but she's pinned by a 300lb man who isn't me so she isn't going anywhere.
On the other hand, if the man is lying, he's going to want out of there (he attacked a 100lb. woman so he's basically a coward). I'm positioned so when he start to move I can push back and create distance. As he gets up I back up to 15-20 ft. At this point I've released the retention snap and my hand is on my CC, but I have not drawn. As long as he moves away, doesn't even look like he's closing that 20ft gap, he gets to leave. If he's moving slowly toward me, just that one step, I draw and he get one "stop!", after that, or if he's moving faster, then he's a threat to my life....

Now let's say I come across this and it's my daughter pinned to the ground. The man feels my cc pressed to his head and the quiet words,"think very carefully about your next move". Because this is NH and I have a constitutional right o protect my family.

So the detail make a BIG difference.

A scenario:

his story
her story
and the TRUTH
[popcorn]

And then there's the fourth side in a domestic where the victim and the perpetrator will both turn on you at the same time if you try to intervene.

A scenario:

his story
her story
and the TRUTH
[popcorn]

Oh man I love me a good armchair QB, here we go:

Set the scene, Wal-Mart or the local FFL? If it's Walmart can I assume she's 100 in her bra?

looks like the aggressor is the male you going to get involved and save her ?
Well, it'd probably be a hate crime because he might be a member of the Iwhackahoe, but in general, maybe a well placed 911 call from my car where I can see this slice of American pie go down.

I don't need to know the whole story, like a bad episode of live PD I'm just going to sit there and watch the trash take itself out.

Yeah, it's changed. It's changed to "2 good ole boys hunting N*****s for jogging, with police permission and blessing."

WATCH: New Video Shows Cops’ Aggressive Encounter With Ahmaud Arbery In 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=142&v=1v7o_6uI9R0&feature=emb_logo

WATCH: New Video Shows Cops’ Aggressive Encounter With Ahmaud Arbery In 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=142&v=1v7o_6uI9R0&feature=emb_logo

All I see here is a guy being effed with.

You can't mean that if the scenario stated and I was:

A) sitting in my living room.

B) sitting on my front porch.

C) standing in the middle of the street after chasing the guy

the outcome would be the exact same, do you???

I'd not get into C because that's where the morons live. It's where GOB's who dream about drawing down live. It's where internet commandos who think they are "sheepdogs" live. It's where alleged theft of property is greater than human life.
Again, avoiding the question by placing stipulations on it to justify your position. Just answer the question as written.

Back
Top Bottom