Two Weapons, a Chase, a Killing and No Charges: A 25-year-old man running through a Georgia neighborhood ended up dead

Politics and career advancement sure. Fear of losing? I don't see it.

The fact that 3 prior prosecutors would not pursue the case looks to be more of a factor of good old boys taking care of a former police officer. Tell me that doesn't happen locally.
Are they not one and the same?
Possibly. Of course it does. They protect their own. One hand washes the other.

Mans Laughter seems the best outcome for all outside of Mr. Aboobeebee.

You mean because, as a former LEO, he's plugged into the system and it will be jaded to help his case? Yes, that is certainly possible. They won't need the media for that.

Damn these strings chafe. [rofl]
Interesting point. I don't know if the thin blue line has more power than the race card in GA. It is funny for all the law quotes being posted and parsed the case is between justice system insider and the press screeching muh racism. Whatever the outcome, I'm just happy that everyone on NES would be OK with a young black man walking through their partially built house. We are so much better than those Southerners.

A few years back a new camp was being built down the road a bit from our camp. We used to walk by it and being nosey would walk inside to check it out the progress. Never thought that someone would think we were robbing the place. Our dock is in a good spot to catch trout when they are stocked and everyone up there they can fish off it anytime they want.

No. They are athletes not criminals. And they are welcome to walk around on our properties. And thankfully most people here agree with that.
So which "they" are we talking about? Trespassers in general, or
young black
men specifically?

Is it okay to shoot any trespasser of somebody else's property, or should we save that for only the young black variety? I don't think most people here are on board with this.

A few years back a new camp was being built down the road a bit from our camp. We used to walk by it and being nosey would walk inside to check it out the progress. Never thought that someone would think we were robbing the place. Our dock is in a good spot to catch trout when they are stocked and everyone up there they can fish off it anytime they want.
I've done the same. When my mom's house was finished and she moved in they started on the one next door and I popped in a few times to check it out. Can't imagine being gunned down in the street over it.

Interesting point. I don't know if the thin blue line has more power than the race card in GA. It is funny for all the law quotes being posted and parsed the case is between justice system insider and the press screeching muh racism. Whatever the outcome, I'm just happy that everyone on NES would be OK with a young black man walking through their partially built house. We are so much better than those Southerners.
Yeah, can't say I'd be all that upset if someone walked into the shell to look at it. If I saw them I'd probably be like "hey dude, can I help you" and see what happened. If I saw someone doing that to someone else's empty half built house on my street, what I CAN say, is mounting up in my truck with my little posse and guns to hunt the guy down wouldn't even be on my radar. If it was really suspicious like 2 am and he was in there with a flashlight I'd probably call the cops. I'm certainly not confronting an unknown person in such a situation where it's not even my property and potentially ending up in a really f***ed up situation.

I guess it really depends though on if he's black or not though, right? I mean if it was a young white dude, then I'd just assume he was the foreman or something.

Ok good to know . . .thanks! This helps.

Yeah, can't say I'd be all that upset if someone walked into the shell to look at it. If I saw them I'd probably be like "hey dude, can I help you" and see what happened. If I saw someone doing that to someone else's empty half built house on my street, what I CAN say, is mounting up in my truck with my little posse and guns to hunt the guy down wouldn't even be on my radar. If it was really suspicious like 2 am and he was in there with a flashlight I'd probably call the cops. I'm certainly not confronting an unknown person in such a situation where it's not even my property and potentially ending up in a really f***ed up situation.

I guess it really depends though on if he's black or not though, right? I mean if it was a young white dude, then I'd just assume he was the foreman or something.

I had something like this actually happen to me. Theres an empty house down the street for sale. Last week I saw a pickup truck light in their driveway at about 4 am. I pretended I saw nothing and went back to bed. Like Rick Blaine, i stick my neck out for nobody.

Whatever the outcome, I'm just happy that everyone on NES would be OK with a young black man walking through their partially built house. We are so much better than those Southerners.

It's funny that you bring that up. I think the only poster that has mentioned anything about that is... you.

False analogy. There were multiple ways to evade and seek concealment / cover. It is a heavily wooded area. If being confronted by 2 fat bodies at a distance with firearms I would evade into the woods. Armed or not. Even in GA or MA.
So you've claimed that he committed felony burglary (when the law says different) by trespassing, but your solution is for him to... trespass?

...I'm just happy that everyone on NES would be OK with a young black man an unauthorized person walking through their partially built house. We are so much better than those Southerners.
FIFY. Regardless of age, race, gender, sex, dress, preferred pronouns, hair style, running speed, eye color, ... you'all get the point (I hope).

Irrelevant. It has to be a felony.
This is the statute, AFAICT:

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.
Those look like two independent clauses to me, and thus it doesn't have to be a felony.

It's funny that you bring that up. I think the only poster that has mentioned anything about that is... you.
There are plenty of anti-Southerner quips from others in this thread. You've been taught to hate yourself and your Southern brothers it is not virtuous.

False analogy. There were multiple ways to evade and seek concealment / cover. It is a heavily wooded area. If being confronted by 2 fat bodies at a distance with firearms I would evade into the woods. Armed or not. Even in GA or MA.
It wasn't an analogy, it was a question, which you didn't answer. My point is that I think Arbery could be justified in shooting them in MA. "Heavily wooded" is a stretch. It's just like where I grew up in the South. There's a two acre lot of woods in the center of the peninsula, it's perfectly flat. Not as much cover as you'd expect. And they can keep circling you, you can't get out.

Whatever the outcome, I'm just happy that everyone on NES would be OK with a young black man walking through their partially built house. We are so much better than those Southerners.
Where I grew up in the South, it was standard practice to play in house construction all through high school. Teenagers were more likely to run off with things. But we never had an issue with anyone mad at us being there.

It wasn't an analogy, it was a question, which you didn't answer. My point is that I think Arbery could be justified in shooting them in MA. "Heavily wooded" is a stretch. It's just like where I grew up in the South. There's a two acre lot of woods in the center of the peninsula, it's perfectly flat. Not as much cover as you'd expect. And they can keep circling you, you can't get out.

From what I can tell from street view, it's somewhat similar to the Rumney Marsh up in Saugus. You get little clusters of wooded neighborhoods with salt marsh all over.

Where I grew up in the South, it was standard practice to play in house construction all through high school. Teenagers were more likely to run off with things. But we never had an issue with anyone mad at us being there.

I was thinking he was probably scoping out the wiring. Since he was studying to be an electrician. But yes, us too when I was growing up in Southern California.

What if it's a young white man? I check out construction sites all the time. When I was a kid my father would take me around to unfinished houses on Sundays and have a look at how houses were built. Should we have been shot several blocks down the street by neighbors?

If I saw a young man of any ethnicity walking through my OWN partially built house, I'd go out and tell him it's private property and please leave. If it was some other house on the street, like in this case, I'd keep an eye on the guy and possibly call the police if there seemed to be a pattern. I'd only follow the dude if he walked out with a roll of of wire or a miter saw over his shoulder.

Your only argument here seems to be "Well he was black, so of course he deserved it" along with "Any right thinking white man would agree with me if shadowy forces weren't compelling him to accept non-whites." I think the conspiracy got to you first.

There are plenty of anti-Southerner quips from others in this thread. You've been taught to hate yourself and your Southern brothers it is not virtuous.
So how did you get so woke? So knowledgeable about the life experiences and attitudes of others you stereotype?

It sure as hell wasn’t in HS English or History.

There was some discussion of the term “Redneck,” earlier. From my experience living and working in the South (four years, decades ago) that term was almost never used.

Somebody like G McMichaels might be referred to as “A good ole boy.” It was not a compliment, but not necessarily harshly derogatory.

And “Bless her heart” could be a compliment, mean “f*** that bitch,” or anything in-between.

The video and maps show it as heavily wooded. Plenty of C&C. Since he could evade and was not cornered in your scenario it would have been a bad shoot in MA. You have an obligation to flee here, unfortunately.

Anecdotal evidence is useless. This is why job boxes are designed the way they are. To prevent theft.

Back
Top Bottom