Laws regarding polymer80 build

There's a $19 boat on Amazon that claims to be a bestseller. I assume this is the NES approved one??

61Pq3n2ZCSL._AC_UL320_.jpg

Uh... asking for a friend, Maura.

Tell us you're on Maura Healey's payroll without telling us you're on Maura Healey's payroll.

If you really are just new around there, when you FA10 a gun without a serial number, just write "N/A" in the box

If you really are just new around there, when you FA10 a gun without a serial number, just write "N/A" in the box
To be fair, there was some field of some web form
discussed on NES a couple of months ago
that wouldn't accept the most obvious value for
a degenerate case. @Len-2A Training made a note
to hassle FRB(?) over it.

To be fair, there was some field of some web form
discussed on NES a couple of months ago
that wouldn't accept the most obvious value for
a degenerate case. @Len-2A Training made a note
to hassle FRB(?) over it.
And her reported back the results. I was told that you could put all Zeros in that space and it would work.

I want to try building a Glock 19 just for the experience. Have anyone in MA tried building one? And if so, what did you do regarding the serial number? I asked an FFL and he said it doesn’t require a serial number if it’s for personal use. But without a serial number how are you suppose to record it on the gun portal?
1) You can try building ONLY if you have a valid LTC/FID. If you don't, you're a criminal and should go to prison.
2) You can build but you CANNOT sell it or transfer it to ANYONE! If you do, you're a criminal and should go to prison.
3) If you build it, you MUST register in EF-10 within 7 days of completion. For serial number, enter NSN. If you do not register, you're a criminal and should go to prison.

Serial numbers are used to track a gun's ownership chain from the initial FFL all the way to the last owner. Since it is ILLEGAL to transfer the gun to anyone, the ownership chain starts and ends with you.
Just by virtue of having a homemade gun, you can be required to show your gun to police investigating crimes where a non-serialized gun was used. Let me rephrase it. If you build a gun, you give police permission to raid your home whenever there is a crime where a non-serialized gun is used.

1) You can try building ONLY if you have a valid LTC/FID. If you don't, you're a criminal and should go to prison.
2) You can build but you CANNOT sell it or transfer it to ANYONE! If you do, you're a criminal and should go to prison.
3) If you build it, you MUST register in EF-10 within 7 days of completion. For serial number, enter NSN. If you do not register, you're a criminal and should go to prison.

Serial numbers are used to track a gun's ownership chain from the initial FFL all the way to the last owner. Since it is ILLEGAL to transfer the gun to anyone, the ownership chain starts and ends with you.
Just by virtue of having a homemade gun, you can be required to show your gun to police investigating crimes where a non-serialized gun was used. Let me rephrase it. If you build a gun, you give police permission to raid your home whenever there is a crime where a non-serialized gun is used.
Thanks, finally some useful information instead of the usual “hi Maura” bullshit. I’ll just build with a serialized frame if I can find one, or start with a Glock frame. No need to complicate things with the police.

Tell me, Sammy. Were you by any chance dropped on your head as a child? Lay off the crack pipe...

Thanks, finally some useful information instead of the usual “hi Maura” bullshit. I’ll just build with a serialized frame if I can find one, or start with a Glock frame. No need to complicate things with the police.
Too bad that info is nearly completely incorrect.

Legal advice you get for free on the internet is worth what you paid for it

Look in the classifieds as there are some dealers at the Mill selling complete Glock frames if you don't want to go the P80 route.

Can you cite where you got any of that from?

Your "should go to prison" is laughable at best - can or might go to prison maybe. But saying should means you support the state destroying people for things that are normal everyday actions in most of the US.

This comment "you can be required to show your gun to police investigating crimes where a non-serialized gun was used" shows you have no idea what you are talking about.
How do the police know that a non-serialized gun was used in a crime? They would have to have the gun in their possession right?
If they have the gun then why would they need to raid your home to get your gun?

There is no "registration" in MA, there is transaction and one of the criteria for a "transaction" is that the gun is capable of firing a round. Until it can it is not considered a firearm and there is no need to be eFA-10'd

Yes MA has stupid laws about possession of parts without a license or FID

You CAN sell a P80 once built, it just has to be serialized to the standards the ATF has published. There are FFL's that do this type of work, or with some good old fashioned stamps you can do it yourself. IIRC the standard is the engraving, casting or stamping (impressing) of the serial number must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch and in a print size no smaller than 1/16 inch

I didn't know the magic ball the PoPo have allows them to determine if a serialized or non serialized weapon fired a shot! Are the barrels different? Does a P80 magically micro-dot a bullet or shell casing when it is chambered?

In most of America, a home made gun is not an issue, MA makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citizens, and if you are already a PP, there could a case for constructive possession but they would have to have a huge hard on to pull that card out of their sleeve, but then again anyone with a shovel could be nailed for having parts to build a AK-47 right? ( if you have not heard of Boris and his shovel do a forum or google search for it, he is world famous)

Can you cite where you got any of that from?

Your "should go to prison" is laughable at best - can or might go to prison maybe. But saying should means you support the state destroying people for things that are normal everyday actions in most of the US.

This comment "you can be required to show your gun to police investigating crimes where a non-serialized gun was used" shows you have no idea what you are talking about.
How do the police know that a non-serialized gun was used in a crime? They would have to have the gun in their possession right?
If they have the gun then why would they need to raid your home to get your gun?
Here's the answer!

You clowns would rather "Hello Maura" for TWO PAGES than answer the question. What's even more predictable is that all it takes to get you "couch commandos" to start rage-posting is to write something with blunt statements. It doesn't matter if they are wrong or right as long as they trigger your, keyboard warrior, indignation. Works every time!

Next time, answer the original question properly.

Here's the answer!

You clowns would rather "Hello Maura" for TWO PAGES than answer the question. What's even more predictable is that all it takes to get you "couch commandos" to start rage-posting is to write something with blunt statements. It doesn't matter if they are wrong or right as long as they trigger your, keyboard warrior, indignation. Works every time!

I did, in one of the first replies to the OP, the correct answer is NONE

see post #4

Here's the answer!

So your answer is to give demonstrably bad information?

No better than "Hi Maura". The dude asked, like 3 questions and NONE can be answered with "NONE". See what I did there? 🙃
His question was "But without a serial number how are you suppose to record it on the gun portal?"

My answer was "none". Maybe I should have expanded my answer, and others who did eleborate stated that in the SN box you put 'none' or 'n/a" or otherwise indicated there was no SN

Remember before the GCA of 1968, iirc there was no legal requirement to serialize a gun.... there are all sorts of guns out there without SN's on them made or imported before 1968. Until then SN's were for the benefit of manufactures, distributors, and retailers to track inventory, handle warranty claims, etc.

Back
Top Bottom