• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do I build this Firecracker Artillery Gun?

As long as you are on private property and not at a public event you do not need a cannon license.
Public event with spectators you need a license.
Huggs juice bottle black powder mortar. Pyrodex only. 2 Charges in each, one lifting and one detonating.

1708882448476.jpeg

1708882358376.jpeg

I also made air cannons and bazookas.
They are fun to shoot.

Interested in learning more about these.
I'll have to start a new thread. Don't want hijack this one.

I think I still have the two .pdf's from a magazine article with the dimensions and "how to" build a replica 60mm mortar.
I built my mortar back in 2007. (There is no firing pin in the base of the tube.)

I just built one of these firecracker cannons. It's amusing and DOES work, but the camera angle makes it look like it really launches the projectile firecracker. I think mine flew about 5-6'. My barrel has adjustable elevation and has 4 wheels. Totally fun to build and entertaining though!

I just built one of these firecracker cannons. It's amusing and DOES work, but the camera angle makes it look like it really launches the projectile firecracker. I think mine flew about 5-6'. My barrel has adjustable elevation and has 4 wheels. Totally fun to build and entertaining though!
Any chance you could post plans, or some pictures and a parts list? I would love to build one of these with the kids.

Pictures and design plans please :)

I have to investigate and think about this

Like to build one too. I would need a source for firecrackers (I spoke too soon - thanks for the link above). NH can't sell them anymore....

Someone start posting links for those breech parts so the lazy NES masses can get to work…

End cap is camlock

Drill hole for fuse in end cap to diameter of fuse.

1/2 camlock pipe connector for end cap

Camlock Quick Disconnects - Cam A

1/2 pipe is the barrel, the length is up to you.
Just thread on a 1/2 coupling for the muzzle.

Spring ID is the OD of the pipe, and spring length is determined by barrel length.
Spring coil wire diameter is determined by charge size.

Carriage would be to scale or preference.

I would use only pyrodex black powder in it.

I used links for brewhardware.com I’ve bought a lot of brewing equipment from Bobby but you can find it cheaper of amazogg.

Anybody remember the old "Red Rat" fireworks? Basically the bottle rocket payload, but no stick. Similar to the Whistlechaser.
View attachment 860089

That just reminded me of what we called bottle rockets with the stick cut off.

No, I will not say it….

But like above it had “chaser” in the name.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom