• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do I build this Firecracker Artillery Gun?

Yup. Shooting them at each other..
14yo
10 foot stick of plastic pipe and the 8oz bottle rockets was my weapon of choice.

A pontoon boat on Nab Lake in Westford was shooting little rockets at us on shore. I launched a 8oz rocket at them that flew right over the top of their gas tank on the stern. They beat feet fast and didn’t return.

I am being serious ...

I am thinking we could have a build party at a NES meet and greet.

More like an assembly part. Looks like the only part that requires real work is the plate (whatever it is called) that needs to be cut.

@chris_1001
@Mesatchornug
@AJK129
@Spartan65

Maybe @EddieCoyle can laser engrave "hi Maura" on the front.
I'm waiting for another AK build party. I missed the other

I am being serious ...
I am thinking we could have a build party at a NES meet and greet.
More like an assembly part. Looks like the only part that requires real work is the plate (whatever it is called) that needs to be cut.
@chris_1001
@Mesatchornug
@AJK129
@Spartan65
Maybe @EddieCoyle can laser engrave "hi Maura" on the front.
If you'd prefer to start from scratch, come on up to NH:

Manchester Makerspace is hosting a "build your own mini salute cannon" class starting April 2nd.

This is currently a members-only offering due to the need to be checked-out on the metalworking lathe, but if you already have basic lathe skills, we can work something out. Cost includes all materials for this 2-person class (multiple Tuesday sessions are on offer, and we're thinking about adding Saturdays).

Students will start with a length of 1" brass round bar, work through several lathe operations, finish with a functional black powder salute cannon. Can also build a small wooden carriage in the woodshop, or a basic howitzer-style "sled" (this prototype is 3d printed):
S5Yshyd.jpeg
Video coming soon.

Last edited:
Now I want one. especially while it’s on sale.

You really don’t need a canners license and Massachusetts if it’s on your property close to the public?

I don’t think you’ll be allowed to technically roll your own firecrackers, but that doesn’t mean you still couldn’t shoot the thing

Now I want one. especially while it’s on sale.

You really don’t need a canners license and Massachusetts if it’s on your property close to the public?

I don’t think you’ll be allowed to technically roll your own firecrackers, but that doesn’t mean you still couldn’t shoot the thing
"just make sure you get your cannoneer's license, sonny"

Bought some firecrackers in NH for mine...no go. The bigger ones will fit down the barrel, but not into the breech. Honestly, I think the bigger ones are just little ones in bigger packaging. Oh well, going to PA. this coming week.

I like how there’s no fee or renewal. Do you have to travel anywhere but I didn’t get a chance to read any of it yet I’ve done it before I just don’t remember.

Then I might as well get a real cannon

Hmm, need someone to endorse the me and learn enough to pass the exam. Not really going to be shooting a cannon in MA, just like the idea that I don't have a gun license in MA, but I can shoot a cannon.

At what point does a canon become a gun? I've heard the term hand-cannon.

Bought some firecrackers in NH for mine...no go. The bigger ones will fit down the barrel, but not into the breech. Honestly, I think the bigger ones are just little ones in bigger packaging. Oh well, going to PA. this coming week.
so thee small one is the launching charge, and the larger one the projectile. Sounds good to me, going to ruin out and get some.

Back
Top Bottom