• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do I build this Firecracker Artillery Gun?

I need one of these. Any idea what he is using for the barrel / breech plug that clips over? Please tell me this is off the shelf hardware.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2U4xdGtAEh/?igsh=amxreGVoeXZhcDcx

That's a Camlock fitting.

Something like:
1706101662759.png 1706101681126.png

I am being serious ...

I am thinking we could have a build party at a NES meet and greet.

More like an assembly part. Looks like the only part that requires real work is the plate (whatever it is called) that needs to be cut.

@chris_1001
@Mesatchornug
@AJK129
@Spartan65

Maybe @EddieCoyle can laser engrave "hi Maura" on the front.

It will take me a while. Maybe you could post your build list 😉 I am thinking I need to start with the firecrackers. Those in the video look beefier than the normal black cats. Any idea what those are?

I am being serious ...

More like an assembly part. Looks like the only part that requires real work is the plate (whatever it is called) that needs to be cut.

@chris_1001
@Mesatchornug
@AJK129
@Spartan65

Happy Go On GIF by Molang

In Ma you'd probably need a cannon permit and be required to fa-10 it...:rolleyes:
And/or it's a 'destructive device'... Or...

When I was a kid I used to make zip guns using the same principle, a tube with a threaded end/removable breach plug that had a hole for a firecracker fuse. Matchlock type ignition with a piece of smoldering cotton rope. Could put a ball bearing through a steel soda can.
And the potato/tennis ball bazookas and the candle powered/dry cleaner bag hot air balloons, firecrackers (or whatever) with fuses melted in part way down the candles.

Looks like 50 milligrams of flash powder is the legal limit in US. Bummer
That's the federal limit on "firecrackers and other ground devices", the limit for aerial reports is slightly higher;
For the launch charge you really don't want flash powder anyway; the only limit on the charge in a cannon is your mettle (and the metal of the barrel and breech).

I am being serious ...

@chris_1001
@Mesatchornug
@AJK129
@Spartan65

(in) <-- but in secret... (Hi Andrea [wave] ) @Broc, remind me about something next time we go to the range...

The flash was more of an explosion.

I would be worried one blows up and causes the other to blow up. I would probably stand pretty far back for the first 2 or 3.
The next time I head out of the woods I’ll stop at a fireworks store and look at my options for ammo. I’ll work around that.

Back
Top Bottom