• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR BUILD KIT

On the top menu right between right between "PCC 9MM/45" and "Glock Mods" there is an "80%" you can select and then goto AR-10/LR308 or AR-15 or 9MM/45.
They are not cheap, but they are very nice lowers.

ETA: If you get their more expensive lower that comes with both an ambi bolt release and is marked for an ambi safety, you'll get a pin (the ambi transfer pin). They don't give you any instructions on what to do with this pin (at least they didn't with my AR-45 lower). However, they do have a video on what to do with it. First half of the video covers their PCC lowers (those come with a spring and pin), second half (which at its beginning appears to be an exact duplicate of the first) actually covers their standard AR-15 JT lowers.

Cat, thanks for the heads up! I did find the 80% section and have ordered one. Will see how soon I receive it.....Not ordering anything else, i.e. upper assy until I have a lower in hand. Crazy times

There are a two of reasons I like building based on an 80% lower. First, it makes the build a tiny bit more challenging. Installing a LPK into a striped lower is pretty easy, even without any special tools. If you got all the aids (trigger guard installation tool, bolt catch punch set, pivot pin tool) it's stupid easy. Building up a stripped upper is challenging enough on its own (particularly if you're lapping the upper). Plus, having to mill out and drill the 80% lower makes it a bit more "mine". Second, I get to decide when (if?) it's registered. Technically, as long as I don't put an upper on it, it can sit in my safe anonymously forever. (ETA At least under current MA laws.)

There are a two of reasons I like building based on an 80% lower. First, it makes the build a tiny bit more challenging. Installing a LPK into a striped lower is pretty easy, even without any special tools. If you got all the aids (trigger guard installation tool, bolt catch punch set, pivot pin tool) it's stupid easy. Building up a stripped upper is challenging enough on its own (particularly if you're lapping the upper). Plus, having to mill out and drill the 80% lower makes it a bit more "mine". Second, I get to decide when (if?) it's registered. Technically, as long as I don't put an upper on it, it can sit in my safe anonymously forever. (ETA At least under current MA laws.)
I agree that an 80% build is pretty cool, however, I'd have to disagree on most things being anonymous, especially A) Anything firearm related , and B) Things you mention on a forum 🤣

I agree that an 80% build is pretty cool, however, I'd have to disagree on most things being anonymous, especially A) Anything firearm related , and B) Things you mention on a forum 🤣
Just talk about yourself in the 4th person when on a forum.

A friend of a guy I know hoards lowers

Hello all, I want to build an AR with an 80% lower. Tried to purchase the whole upper kit from Palmetto. They do NO, I said NO business in massachusetts!!! WTF?? Any suggestions or who has quality kits? Would just like to go the kit route instead of piecemeal. Any help would be appreciated. Want to get this done before the "rules" change which I feel are imminent for this category of the hobby. Thanks

I'm a fan of picking the best parts and building your own.

Personally I love White Oak barrels. Expensive but amazing and long lasting. And either Geissele trigger or Rock River National Match 2 stage trigger. Both are excellent.

Buy either good sights or a very good scope. I like Magpul sights and Vortex scopes.

Pick a handguard that works for you. Regarding upper reciever, again pick one. I've used Anderson. Don't cheap out of the bolt, but no need to spend crazy. In my experience the bolt is a critical component, so pay for a good brand/product.

And learn how to assemble it. That's the fun part. You'll learn a lot about your firearm.

Yeah, since I have an LTC they certainly know I have guns. But I can hope that they might miss a couple of built out 80% when they come after my guns. Particularly if they aren't on anyones' "list" and when I've over 25 acres to "store" them on.

OP, if you haven't got an upper and/or LPK for your Juggernaut 80% now would be the time. Everyone is having Cyber Monday sales. 5D Tactical and 80% Lowers both are 15% off site wide. AR15Parts.com has 35% off selected uppers. Bear Creek Arsenal has some complete 5.56 uppers for $200.

OP, if you haven't got an upper and/or LPK for your Juggernaut 80% now would be the time. Everyone is having Cyber Monday sales. 5D Tactical and 80% Lowers both are 15% off site wide. AR15Parts.com has 35% off selected uppers. Bear Creek Arsenal has some complete 5.56 uppers for $200.
Thank you! Have been collecting parts and have been using BKF, quick shipping, good selection of parts etc. Will look at those you mentioned.

Seems like you need to get the jigs now. Either they are 'out of stock' or they are no longer being shipped by a number of vendors. Giot two emails like this today:
1701740065001.png
"Due to recent changes in ATF regulations, 5D Tactical can no longer sell or support jigs directly."
Probably need to download all the DYI pdf's before they vanish as well.

Seems like you need to get the jigs now. Either they are 'out of stock' or they are no longer being shipped by a number of vendors. Giot two emails like this today:
View attachment 824031
"Due to recent changes in ATF regulations, 5D Tactical can no longer sell or support jigs directly."
Probably need to download all the DYI pdf's before they vanish as well.
Actually 80% Arms and 5D Tactical are one in the same. See my post #56 in the Polymer 80 Thread:

Back
Top Bottom