This hurt my brain reading this "article" on an AR-15

This is out of NY so it explains some. The person writing it doesn't know anything about guns. It sounds like all the talking point an anti gunner spews out when they are on the news
CNP CENTRAL
Firearms experts react to Salina gunman building an illegal 'weapon of war'
by Mary Kielar
Friday, Apr 19th 2024

A law enforcement officer carries out long guns from the home of shooting suspect Christopher Murphy. Investigators have not determined whether any of them were purchased illegally, but do say Murphy's father is a hunter. (Photo by CNY Central)
The man who fatally shot two officers in Salina Sunday night put together a "Frankenstein" weapon with illegal parts before the shooting the Onondaga County District Attorney confirmed.

DA Bill Fitzpatrick told the I-Team that Christopher Murphy put together the Springfield AR-15 in such a way that allowed him to avoid the typically required permit in New York State. He legally purchased a lower barrel receiver in 2019; at some point after that, he purchased a protruding pistol grip and a 40-round "banana" magazine, creating a rifle that is illegal in New York.

Rifle used in fatal shooting of 2 officers had illegal magazine attached
According to a firearms expert, a Springfield AR-15 is a semi-automatic rifle that shouldn't be in the possession of just anyone.

"You know, there's no legitimate reason for you know, a normal person to possess anything like that," said Felipe Rodriguez, an adjunct professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice.

In my experience, I can tell you one thing: this is almost a weapon of war.
According to Rodriguez, a police officer generally carries a total of 46 rounds on their person or three rounds with 15 magazines each. The gun Murphy was using had an illegal magazine that allowed him to fire 40 rounds without reloading.

"At the end of the day, he's outgunning the police basically. And with the other adaptations that he did with the shoulder stock or the pistol grip, he's actually making it a highly accurate firearm. So he's better prepared than the police at this time."

Salina gunman skirted law to build illegal weapon before fatal officer shooting
SUNY Cortland Professor Emeritus Robert Spitzer, Ph.D. said he can't think of a reason why someone would ever want this type of weapon as a private citizen.

"Obviously it's appealing to criminals, but that emphasizes the fact that an honest citizen wants a gun that has an identifying serial number on it," Spitzer said.

Many people purchase parts online or download files to 3-D print ghost guns, guns that are virtually untraceable because they have no serial number.

"It's amazing how easily between a computer, a 3-D printer, one or two purchases on the internet, that you could have a firearm in your house. It has become to the point that it's really scary," said Rodriguez.

Both Rodriguez and Spitzer say there's a need for tougher federal gun legislation.

Salina gunman skirted law to build illegal weapon before fatal officer shooting
SUNY Cortland Professor Emeritus Robert Spitzer, Ph.D. said he can't think of a reason why someone would ever want this type of weapon as a private citizen.

Maybe when all those peaceful antisemitic sociopath protesters are outside his street, he might be able to think of a reason.

"You know, there's no legitimate reason for you know, a normal person to possess anything like that,"
this guy ever hear of fun? wanna bet his car can go faster than the posted limit...and in a frivolous moment he boots it.

"You know, there's no legitimate reason for you know, a normal person to possess anything like that,"
this guy ever hear of fun? wanna bet his car can go faster than the posted limit...and in a frivolous moment he boots it.
Someone should tell the good "Professor" that you might need a weapon like that to protect yourself from some of his woke students...

That was written by ChatGPT or a 5th grader.
Not to mention that it is exactly what the 2nd ammendment was written for. Not murdering law enforcement so much as opposing tyrannical government agents. They conveniently skirt that every damn time.

And the great deer revolt of 2062. We gotta be ready for that. [rofl]

I feel dumb after reading that. I can’t imagine someone with no knowledge of guns, current gun laws and more importantly 2A would come away with.

I got the biggest chuckle out of this line

“this is almost a weapon of war”

Almost……your honor, gun owners are almost guilty, let’s lock them up just in case!

Eat a bag of d!cks you bloviating fool.

Back
Top Bottom