• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR BUILD KIT

Hello all, I want to build an AR with an 80% lower. Tried to purchase the whole upper kit from Palmetto. They do NO, I said NO business in massachusetts!!! WTF?? Any suggestions or who has quality kits? Would just like to go the kit route instead of piecemeal. Any help would be appreciated. Want to get this done before the "rules" change which I feel are imminent for this category of the hobby. Thanks

Upper “kit”? You mean complete upper or do you mean they packaged a complete upper with an 80%?

Upper “kit”? You mean complete upper or do you mean they packaged a complete upper with an 80%?
Misspoke, I am doing an 80% from one supplier that does those only. Palmetto had a great package that would have worked perfectly. So looking for alternatives.

Have everything shipped to a buddy in NH

F the Palmetto Bugs. That's my theory. Once the final federal rules on "hey - why are you infringing, government bro?" come out, I STILL won't do business with PSA. They could be the LAST AR dealer in teh world - F them. Ditto for places like Sportsman's Guide and Expensive as Dirt.

You can probably get 90% of what you need on lower items at Brownell's or Midway. Then you just gotta find the upper you want.

F the Palmetto Bugs. That's my theory. Once the final federal rules on "hey - why are you infringing, government bro?" come out, I STILL won't do business with PSA. They could be the LAST AR dealer in teh world - F them. Ditto for places like Sportsman's Guide and Expensive as Dirt.

You can probably get 90% of what you need on lower items at Brownell's or Midway. Then you just gotta find the upper you want.

You know what the best part of buying at the PSA store...There ain't a single MA resident in there

Hello all, I want to build an AR with an 80% lower. Tried to purchase the whole upper kit from Palmetto. They do NO, I said NO business in massachusetts!!! WTF?? Any suggestions or who has quality kits? Would just like to go the kit route instead of piecemeal. Any help would be appreciated. Want to get this done before the "rules" change which I feel are imminent for this category of the hobby. Thanks
There's tons of uppers on optics planet literally buy anywhere else

There's tons of uppers on optics planet literally buy anywhere else
Ugh, Optics Planet...

I only buy from them if I absolutely need something and they are the only seller with stock. Then they remind me their service is absolute dogshit as they put my order on forever backorder.

Try Europtic or just call someone at the Mill. Ask for the "Do you sell guns?" discount.

What is a kit vs. piece meal? Are you looking for a complete upper or are you looking for a parts kit and an upper receiver and barrel?

Ugh, Optics Planet...

I only buy from them if I absolutely need something and they are the only seller with stock. Then they remind me their service is absolute dogshit as they put my order on forever backorder.

Try Europtic or just call someone at the Mill. Ask for the "Do you sell guns?" discount.
I've never had and issue with optics planet except for maybe a trigger in the wrong color being on backorder

If all you want is a relatively inexpensive build to dip your fingers in the AR build world, you might want to try Delta Team Tactical at:

I picked up one of their complete build kits after @Rocky Mosasaurus posted about them in the Deals and Steals Thread. It was everything except the lower. You can either get it as all parts, or for $20 they assemble the upper for you. If you get the unassembled upper you will need the proper tools to assemble it, so you might want to start with them doing the upper for you. Lowers are a piece of cake. I haven't built it yet, but it looks like the components are half way decent. Here is how it ships ( I got the completely unassembled option):

IMG_3585.jpg IMG_3591.jpg

Last edited:
If all you want is a relatively inexpensive build to dip your fingers in the AR build world, you might want to try Delta Team Tactical at:

I picked up one of their complete build kits after @Rocky Mosasaurus posted about them in the Deals and Steals Thread. It was everything except the lower. You can either get it as all parts, or for $20 they assemble the upper for you. If you get the unassembled upper you will need the proper tools to assemble it, so you might want to start with them doing the upper for you. Lowers are a piece of cake. I haven't built it yet, but it looks like the components are half way decent. Here is how it ships ( I got the completely unassembled option):

View attachment 816953View attachment 816954
Friends don't let friends buy dtt

Jesus lol send him to like bca at least

Back
Top Bottom