• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Improper gun storage

Does no one else have a problem with the fact that he stashed a loaded gun at a playground? Most days I think that MA laws are a bit restrictive (ESP compared to my native FL), but in this case, I believe he should lose his right to own guns. God forbid its a kid that took it, and he hurts himself or someon else.

Yeah, but that didn't happen, and that's why we're in the mess we're in in this country, because people have this obnoxious attitude about convicting people for things that aren't actually crimes. This mindset turns into an bubonic plague type of disase, and guess where that disease spreads- it ends up in the form of legislation that gives the police chiefs the right to deny or restrict anyone based on a nebulous concept of suitability. Then once you've given them that power, they do whatever the they want with it, your rights be damned. Then you end up people who might be a "saint" who get a target and hunting restriction by default, all because a bunch of people like yourself wanted "reasonable gun control". [thinking]

In short the reason we have onerous laws in MA is because a bunch of people started thinking that "pre crime" and the like was a good idea. Think about that for a minute when you suggest that regulating a right is a good idea. It's certainly not, and it ends up having the side effect of punishing thousands of other people who have done nothing wrong.

-Mike

When the police asked him why he stashed it near a playground, I really hope he answered: "It's for the children."

Actually so have I. Not long after I'd taken my first trip to Ireland (my first time on a plane in over 15 years) I had a dream that I was waiting in line at the gates (presumably Logan), started patting around looking for my wallet and realized I still had my Makarov on me. I left the line and approached a Statie and asked if he could hold my gun for me for about 10 days until I got back from Ireland. He said something like "OK but we don't usually do this. Take down my cell # and give me a ring when you get back." LOL

When I woke up I had one of those cloudy moments where I actually wondered if it had really happened. Hahahaaa!!! Checked the safe and the Mak was still there. Phew.

Actually I had a bad dream about the loooong trigger pull on the LC9. I dreamed I was pulling it but the takeup was so long it just never fired. Coincidentally I am selling my LC9 on gunbroker right now.

I'm going to a ball game tomorrow... if they're wanding people, does anyone know where I can stash my CCW (and my sash and badge) while we enjoy some hot dogs?

I'm going to a ball game tomorrow... if they're wanding people, does anyone know where I can stash my CCW (and my sash and badge) while we enjoy some hot dogs?

"Under the sink in the women's bathroom" is the safest place.

+Rep for anyone who knows what this reference goes to. [laugh]

-Mike

Whew! No wands. But I played it safe and hid my CCW badge in the sewer during the game. You shoulda seen the looks when I dug it out.

Using Forum Runner. Please excuse spelling errors, formatting, and absent links.

Back
Top Bottom