Finland Goes Pro-Gun

NHCraigT

NES Member
Finland's Bold New Firearm Policy Sets Global Standard
Finland’s decision to expand its shooting ranges comes amidst growing geopolitical tensions in the region, especially due to concerns about Russian military activities. As Finland shares a long border with Russia, the enhancement of civilian and military readiness is seen as a crucial step. The new shooting ranges are intended to bolster the nation’s defensive capabilities by facilitating more extensive training opportunities.
The increase in shooting ranges is also intended to promote responsible gun ownership among the Finnish population. With more facilities available, individuals will have better access to proper training and safety courses. This is expected to reduce accidents and ensure that gun owners are more skilled and knowledgeable.
The increase in shooting ranges is also intended to promote responsible gun ownership among the Finnish population. With more facilities available, individuals will have better access to proper training and safety courses. This is expected to reduce accidents and ensure that gun owners are more skilled and knowledgeable.
The construction and operation of 300 new shooting ranges are anticipated to provide an economic boost to many local communities. Job creation in construction, facility management, and training roles will directly benefit local economies. Additionally, these ranges are likely to attract visitors, further increasing local spending and economic activity...

... The establishment of additional shooting ranges is part of Finland’s strategy to enhance national resilience against potential crises or invasions. Training civilians in firearms use and safety prepares the population to support military efforts if needed. This proactive approach aims to strengthen the country’s overall resilience and readiness....
....By improving access to shooting ranges, Finland is enhancing its emergency preparedness capabilities. In the event of a national emergency, a well-trained civilian population can play a critical role in supporting professional emergency responders. This preparation is crucial for maintaining stability and security during crises....

.... Why The US Should Adopt A Similar Range Expansion Policy© Shutterstock
The U.S. would benefit greatly from adopting a policy similar to Finland’s expansion of shooting ranges, primarily due to the comprehensive advantages it offers in terms of national security, public safety, and economic growth. By providing more widespread and accessible training facilities, the U.S. can enhance civilian preparedness, support responsible gun ownership, and boost local economies through job creation and tourism. Additionally, such a policy would support recreational and competitive shooting, improve homeland security, and foster educational opportunities that instill discipline and responsibility in younger generations. This holistic approach not only addresses practical training needs but also strengthens community and national resilience....

Yeah well.....the Finns know what's up. In '39 the soviets marched 4 divisions into finnland and they just disappeared! I mean.....almost no trace of those rusky soldiers at all. The Finns f***ing destroyed them and left them to rot in the forests.
Don't f*** with the Finns. The women in Finland shoot like the women in Italy cook. Which makes sense cuz how many reindeer recipes can there be?

Don't f*** with the Finns. The women in Finland shoot like the women in Italy cook. Which makes sense cuz how many reindeer recipes can there be?
I will put my money on Midwestern American women.

They shoot with garlic and tomatoes on their guns????? Well that's just weird. [rofl]

Same thing Taiwan should have been doing, but unfortunately not. They have the freedom of practicing air soft though, which is better than people in Mainland get.

I need more info before I can determine if this constitutes pro-gun. Are they protecting rights of citizens to carry a firearm when and where they please? Are they protecting the rights of citizens to arm themselves with the arms that their infantry units do?

I know you're being flip, but that feels like saying the same of beef...
Do you think if you were to go into a Subway sammich shop in Finland they have reindeer and cheese subs?

I saw one of those Gordon Ramsey shows where he goes around the world to learn about the cuisine and reindeer head cheese was a thing...

Finland has the highest per capita gun ownership in Europe, I think it even exceeds Switzerland if you null out the swiss reservists.
It’s mostly hunting rifles. The gun laws in Finland suck big time. Carrying a handgun is not allowed, period. They only look ok when compared to other countries in Europe.

It’s mostly hunting rifles. The gun laws in Finland suck big time. Carrying a handgun is not allowed, period. They only look ok when compared to other countries in Europe.

Except the Czechs, who are pretty aiight.

Opening up new gun ranges is a far cry from RKBA. So no, I would not say that Finland has gone "pro-gun." I think it has gone "anti-Russia" again, which is probably a wise move for them.

Then again, I bet Finnish farmers living near the Russian border aren't the kind of people who give much of a damn about Helsinki telling them they can't carry. They've probably got their hunting rifles (aka, sniper rifles) nearby already while they kick back and tell tales about Simo Hayha.

Yes, but most of the countries outside of CZ ban carry, so by American standards everything is shit. Finland is still wsy less worse than it's peers.

@JenkkiMike 98% of the world btw s dog shit on gun laws. It's basically US, Philippines, CZ and maybe a couple others that are the exceptions.

Do you think if you were to go into a Subway sammich shop in Finland they have reindeer and cheese subs?

I saw one of those Gordon Ramsey shows where he goes around the world to learn about the cuisine and reindeer head cheese was a thing...
Given all my work travel and dinners with customers, I've been lucky to have steaks all over the planet including several of the top 10 Japanese varieties, a nice ribeye in Argentina, etc. Of all of them including what I have had in the States, by a long shot my favorite so far is reindeer filets I had in Helsinki.

Sven was delicious!

1713494322024.jpeg

Except the Czechs, who are pretty aiight.

Opening up new gun ranges is a far cry from RKBA. So no, I would not say that Finland has gone "pro-gun." I think it has gone "anti-Russia" again, which is probably a wise move for them.

Then again, I bet Finnish farmers living near the Russian border aren't the kind of people who give much of a damn about Helsinki telling them they can't carry. They've probably got their hunting rifles (aka, sniper rifles) nearby already while they kick back and tell tales about Simo Hayha.

The problem for Finland here is that the USSR is gone, and Russia isnt particularly interested in invading them. But having a large neighbor is stressful for a small country, and the current hysteria may lead them to provoking Russia in ways that Russia views as an existential threat, and then they have a very serious problem of their own making.

1939 and Simo Hayha are nifty stories, but that is their grandfathers victories 4 generations ago, not their own. The world changes. They are not the same, Russia is not the same, the world is not the same.

They had it all figured out with neutrality for the entire cold war.

But having a large neighbor is stressful for a small country, and the current hysteria may lead them to provoking Russia in ways that Russia views as an existential threat, and then they have a very serious problem of their own making.

Based on how Russia is doing in Ukraine against a not-quite-ready-for-NATO opponent, and given that the Finnish Army is indeed ready for NATO, I'd say I don't believe their "problem" would be all that serious.

Not desirable, though, it's true.

Maybe the women can shoot, maybe they can't, but they do some seriously cringy Eurotrash dancing

Back
Top Bottom